Help me find a green bike

swooshdave

33163773694_b0e20dd7ce_c.jpg

33621626800_769e4bd9be_c.jpg

I normally wouldn't pack this much stuff but it's springtime in the PNW and you can expect sun and rain, sometimes at the same time. Plus a bunch of tools. Which hopefully means I won't need them. And relays, lots of relays!

All loaded the pack is 19lbs. But I'll end up wearing some things and hopefully sticking some stuff on the luggage rack.

..and if you think you're packing too much, you probably are.   :oldgit:........

Lets see, 600 miles two days......one pair of jeans, one tee shirt, one long sleeve, 2 pair of socks, tooth brush&paste. 

Tools? AAA card, cell phone

and a credit card to cover meals/hotel/gas

Oh I forgot clean under wear...naw just go commando!   :P:

..and if you think you're packing too much, you probably are. :oldgit:........

Lets see, 600 miles two days......one pair of jeans, one tee shirt, one long sleeve, 2 pair of socks, tooth brush&paste.

Tools? AAA card, cell phone

and a credit card to cover meals/hotel/gas

Oh I forgot clean under wear...naw just go commando! :P:

You forgot the relays!!!

It looks like my path up I-5 has been thwarted. There is snow in the Siskiyou pass. Oh, darn. Have to take the coast!

Headed to airport now. I'll post pics tonight here.

• Like 2

Have a safe ride and enjoy the new bike

MtQaEwX.jpeg

Factory tool kit?

MnzoSPY.jpeg

Fuel pressure regulator? Should that nipple have anything on it?

n7fvghp.jpeg

Got the battery tender cable on.

Left muffler was a little loose. Tightened it down. Everything else pretty good.

Oh, and you guys already know this but these things just plain fly. :-)

This one could stand for a tuneup for sure and it will run even better!

Headed over to Richmond tomorrow morning to meeting a forum member. Then up the coast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes standard tool kit... bag anyway. this is exciting! are those relays grey?

Yes

Factory tool kit?    - Yes, and it's almost totally useless, especially the pliers, but there should be a useful hex-thing to help with rear rear axle removal.

Oh, and you guys already know this but these things just plain fly. :-)      - 6th gear is illegal in California.

This one could stand for a tuneup for sure and it will run even better!    - yeah, a little cleaning and adjusting will pay off.

Then up the coast!   - envious.   :race: 

Factory tool kit? - Yes, and it's almost totally useless, especially the pliers, but there should be a useful hex-thing to help with rear rear axle removal.

I hope it's not to useless. It's more tools than I brought with me! I was grateful for the wrenches. I needed them to tighten a few things!

True - the wrenches are decent as are a few other bits. But after some sorting and replacements you can end up with a smaller, lighter tool roll that is more functional. I think I was spoiled early by BMW tool rolls - the one on my K75s is great.

Congratulations swooshdave

Mine does not look bad but yours looks awesome.

Enjoy the ride and in any case you can ask to the forum wisdom and a solution will appear.

I got my Greeny with lead in a wind that lead me to a race to bring her to the road and the forum help made it much more easy.

Since that I have been enjoyed having her in my stable, yes she worries me a lot but to be fair I spent most time thinking in a possible problem than faced them.

I wish to be in your position right now I planned to drive from L.A to Seattle once but could not make it but I least I drove a nothing special Honda Civic through the HW1 untill San Francisco and was a great experience I could not imagine how nice could be in the Greeny of course with good weather, I rode 120 miles yesterday under a poring rain and was not funny all the time.

And if you need some advice of doing split lanes on sixth speed just PM here in Caracas Venezuela is kind national sport :grin:

Good look and upload more pics of the adventure