Just bought my first Guzzi!

So, the dealer bought it from the owner.. using Ebay? then offered it up for sale?

I saw this on ebay awhile back and noticed the shift spring fix kit. I grabbed some nice pics of it and posted here. Now I can't find it. I also contacted him to see where he got it. Japan 2 years ago.

Nobles - what an excellent scouting report for our new guy. Whatever's leaking around the tranny doesn't appear to be too bad. The exhaust crossover looks pretty clean - not covered with burned oil. A good cleaning and monitoring will tell the tale - and I've seen some reports of tranny leaks being "cured" by running Redline Heavy instead of the standard gear oil.

Nobles - what an excellent scouting report for our new guy. Whatever's leaking around the tranny doesn't appear to be too bad. The exhaust crossover looks pretty clean - not covered with burned oil. A good cleaning and monitoring will tell the tale - and I've seen some reports of tranny leaks being "cured" by running Redline Heavy instead of the standard gear oil.

Wait-wait-wait . . . even after extracting funky-old glopped-up RLSP/Heavy from gearboxes, you would still use this, Scud?

I've moved back to standard gear oil because memories of that gearbox wake me up at night..... :o  but I'm still running the heavy in the final drives.

However, it seems that lots of people run the Heavy Shockproof and are happy with it. 

Here, Shiny Mike, is what we are talking about and what I hope you never have to see:

IMG_5745.jpg

The blood pudding came from sitting through several winters. My bikes don't sit and they don't "winter."  :rasta:

Hadn't thought of that.

Later on I realised I hadn't looked in the transmission sight window to see if there was enough pink stuff. Mind you it was on the side stand so it would have been awkward to do.

Hope I haven't scared Mike off.... is there room in my garage.........nevermind.

And while you can Mike get one of Pete Roper's Sloppage plates. For peace of mind.

Wow! What a nice group of  guys!!I thank all of you for your in put. No your not going to scare me away! 'm still going down there Friday,I truly can't wait! I understand the bbike is 13 years old and its not a Jap bike.there are going to be somethings to take care of.I labour of love. this will be my newest bike by 22 years! In the garage is a 1982 Suzuki GS1100e. I could show this bike.10 Years of loved ownership. Also a 1976 Honda 750 SS. She a project that will be pretty cool if I EVER get it done. So to me the V11 is the everyday rider. Thanks again for all the in put. I'll get back with you guys after my vist to Columbus. BE SAFE Mike

That's the spirit.

What are you doing to the Honda 750?

Do you ride the Suzuki a lot? Those things are nearly indestructible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a killer deal.. :thumbsup:

He paid $5k, not the ebay price, if I understand it correctly.

It sounds like the dealer snapped it up from eBay for $3700 and resold it to Shiny Mike for $5k.

Hi Scud.Yes I ride the heck out of the GS.I'm telling you that bike is fffast. I bought it on ebay 10 years ago and have been making  it better ever since.

I know a custom painter who wanted some aluminum polished.So we traded,I polished a boat motor for him hes custom painting the body work on the Suzuki. Of course the polishing is done but the body work is not. He promised it back by the end of April. New this year for Suziq.new Barnent clutch,Dayna coils and new brakes and tires.I have not bought the tires yet.Eveything else is in the garage. I dont want you to think this is a project bike.It looked and ran great last year.I just wanted to give her some love.

OK the CB 750. Well I bought this bike complete with 10500 miles on it 6 or 7 years ago. It's never run on my watch! I got it pulled the Vetter farring off. Sent the gas tank out.Cleaned the gummed up carbs.Bought the correct headlight and bracket it for it.All good right? Then we moved.I boxed it up and never touched again untill a few weeks ago!Its still all there.

With the Guzzi coming and the Suziq apart the CB will sit again.Maybe this winter. Oh, I said I polish.Im talking magazine,show quality stuff.Both the CB and GS look like there is chrome every where,nope,just polished!! 

Reguards Shiny Mike!!

Correct.I 'm gonna pay 5000.00 As we speak I left a 200.00 deposit over the phone.I'm going to the dealer Friday to see and purchase the bike. If the bike is what I except we're good if not Chopper the manager said no problem with a refund. After hearing you Guzzi guys I think everything should be fine. I want it! I get it's not new.I get it's different.I need it make me feel like it wont break apart. I'll make it pretty. I'll get back and let you guys know how it worked out.   Shiny Mike

Now I understand the 'Shiny Mike' avatar.

No there's nothing wrong with the bike that I could see; I would buy it myself if I had Scud's addition problems :)

Just when you ride a Guzzi you get used to

' Who makes that bike ?

Moto Guzzi.

Never heard of them!

Or

Where do you get that serviced ?'

You'll enjoy the tinkering / fettling !