Just bought my first Guzzi!

I was seeing how I could get that bike. I would have had to leave it with my brother until I could get out to the east coast. Surprisingly he didn't have a problem with that.

42965f017afbe242ca4781dbbbc8141d.jpgda32c30ba3cd2f02ba6ffc8fedf7a8e3.jpged59d38757a59e35ed06957d3d3d0c9d.jpg

There's a similar one for sale in Idaho for a little more if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It makes a big difference with Guzzi's if the PO enjoys the tinkering or if they ignore the cries for attention.

Can't blame you for getting the Le Mans. It looks gorgeous!

Red is such an awesome colour for a Guzzi.

Don't know why everyone's so excited about the 'alien invasion' green.

This does leave me with a problem; a 2004 V11 within 10 miles.

It makes a big difference with Guzzi's if the PO enjoys the tinkering or if they ignore the cries for attention.

+1

At least for me the Green enthusiasm has to do with the original... Telaio Rosso

021815-1971-Moto-Guzzi-V7-Sport-Telaio-R

Moto-Guzzi-V7-Sport-Telaio-Rosso-Right-S

The re-introduction of the 2000 model was to pay homage to this, I believe. Alien invasion of 1971

And I had a Schwinn Stingray bicycle that same color.

Are you thinking of getting another Guzzi?

The green is really cool in person. But I think a red LeMans is even more iconic than a green sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should ask Scud what the right thing to do would be . . . :whistle:;)

+1

At least for me the Green enthusiasm has to do with the original... Telaio Rosso

021815-1971-Moto-Guzzi-V7-Sport-Telaio-R

Moto-Guzzi-V7-Sport-Telaio-Rosso-Right-S

The re-introduction of the 2000 model was to pay homage to this, I believe. Alien invasion of 1971

Well, turns out the RedFrame, green color, and sporting character of the V11 indeed hearken to the Telaio Rosso V7, but the overall V11 design, according to Luciano Marabese, is an homage to the racing Gambalunghino:

1+moto-guzzi-Gambalungino-1950-Rot165_32h

Hi guys. First MG and all I want to tell you about how it felt to buy this bike.

OK after almost five hours in the Escape listening to my lovely wife of 24 years telling me about her work stories we get to Lou's house. There it is sittting in the drive way in her red dress.Just sitting there looking as sexy as sexy can be! All Italian,sexy,charming,polished,so sedutive. Wow! This is just so cool! Lou introduce's himself.He starts talking Moto Guzzi.All good but I just want to gaze at the bike.My wife is talking about something too. I truly dont know what either are saying.After a minute or two I snap out of it,phew,good. Lou shows me how to start CARMEN (thats her name).She rumbles from her sleep.Shes not quite,she kinda barks to life.I'm thing BMW Rockster.This is not that! This bike is full of  attitude.I'm not sure its a good atitude.Kinda sounds demanding. Lou says Mike do want  to ride it?  I'm off! 

When I first arrived I was thinking Sophia Loren.This is NOT Sophia Lorren.Just as sexy but way different then that. This is not the girl you take home to mom!  I hit second gear jump on the gas a little.Carmen grunt,rumbles and even shakes a little and takes off.She sounds pissed off!I loved it.I'm thinking this is not at all what expected.I say to myself "Mike is this what you want?" Um...OK,not the cool seductive Sophia,no this is Carman Eletrica in fishnets and thigh high boots.Get the other bikes out of the garage,they go in the shed! Your mine now.I think I herd her say "Mike,your about to wright  bad checks to keep me". 

I hope to bring Carmen home next weekend. 

• Like 4

Seriously, thanks for sharing that delightful impression. I looked and looked for a good image of Carmen Elektra in fishnets to post. Then I looked some more. I'll keep looking. I owe this to you guys . . . :sun:

Ok, maybe one picture is a red LeMans. But if that's so, then another picture is a Scura. I think we should keep ShinyMike away from the Scuras for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1