Barber Vintage Festival 2017

swooshdave

7e626ced14dc9026290933867a8994e3.jpg

Test rode my old Norton tonight. Will set off in the morning. Should be at Barber Thursday.

I’m still working on my brother to get a V11 Sport. I talked him into his T3 so now he has the proper level of Guzzi lust.

696c77f25919e321654c45dcbfffbff6.jpg

Hope to run into at least one V11LeMans.com person there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Somehow I missed that you guys are riding from the PNW to Alabama on two Nortons, a Guzzi, and a Tool Box - er, I mean "Brick." :whistle:

I guess I thought you were flying to B'ham and renting an RV to stay in . . . :blush:

• Like 1

That's a proper adventure off to a good start. The brick is the support vehicle right? He doesn't get to park with you at the BBQ, but he's carrying everybody's clothes in the saddlebags and the BMW 22L top-case with the rear-hinged lid that needs a bungee strap so it doesn't open at speed and blow off... scattering your socks and skivvies...

55228b21576186a6fa0e026605c781a8.jpg07fb73c5683f5204270c73e166c5e815.jpgee9ff03d1f81b738fc1a46365bec1194.jpg801c85c8d8a0643656c6b0313a9ac21f.jpg

Getting sick of all the bbq.

Just kidding!

We are keeping an eye out for hurricanes... yeah, that’s us dead center.

• Like 1

568ee2ebbfcbb10fcfa2a392b5d92c07.jpg

Closest thing to a V11 I’ve seen. I don’t think I’ve seen one of these in person before.

6859342d0f8da334187cd29ef000bd57.jpg

I stopped by this booth last year and bought the lanyard the salesgirl was was wearing. This year they brought all the ones they had.

7dc1602055d4ef1a045cffaf2aa48681.jpg

$3

• Like 1

The Centauro (and the LMII) might become the most sought-after bikes of them all one day. Not too many of them sold, nearly all of them were rebuilt to LM resp. Café in general. Nowadays it's easier to get a V7 Sport than a LM2.

THX for the whole thread, btw., and all that pics. 

It really is a marvelous festival. Every imaginable motorcycle, new and old. Fabulous diversity of brands and styles. The vintage racing in a constant roar in the background. Open paddock.

Just so much genuine enthusiasm.

When the "Food Trucks" showed up a couple years ago, the fare improved immeasurably. Really pathetic beer is still really expensive and hard to come by on the grounds. Still, late on a Saturday afternoon, there is no better place to be than Ace Corner with the Café crowd overlooking the last two turns on the track with a cold PBR in hand . . . :bier:

We’re going to hit the museum tomorrow and the bike show (Norton Commandos) then skeedaddle our of here, hopefully before the rain. Still has been a great trip and looks to be an interesting finish.

Those motostudio bikes are too cool! I talked to one of the owners at last years WI rally.

So two vintage Brit bikes and a 40 year old Italian bike riding from the NW to the SE? Too cool! You guys are my heroes.