Barber Vintage Festival 2017

swooshdave

Those motostudio bikes are too cool! I talked to one of the owners at last years WI rally.

So two vintage Brit bikes and a 40 year old Italian bike riding from the NW to the SE? Too cool! You guys are my heroes.

Really man, 2500 mi in 2 days is epic!

We’re going to hit the museum tomorrow and the bike show (Norton Commandos) then skeedaddle our of here, hopefully before the rain. Still has been a great trip and looks to be an interesting finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a safe...and dry...return!

Sorry about the confusion. I was busy posting on multiple places and I guess I left out a few details.

I flew to NC where my family lives. My dad, brother, cousin all went plus my buddy from Oregon.

NC to AL is 500 miles each way. Still plenty on 45 yr old bikes. The full compliment is two Commandos, the K75, T3, and there’s also a R75/5. My dad rode part of the way on his /5 on the way down but at 71 he’s not up for the whole ride on a vintage bike so he drives the chase vehicle.

We’re holed up near Road Atlanta tonight. We left Barber around 3pm today and around 6pm they announced they were closing the festival. So I assume they kicked everyone out.

Expecting rain and some wind in the morning but hopefully we can continue to the NE and maybe miss some of it. We’re only 280 miles from Greensboro but it will take a while on the old bikes.

I’ll share a lot more pics later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the best on the return trip. Will you spend the extra by finding something interesting on the way home... like the long way through the Rockies?

All the best on the return trip. Will you spend the extra by finding something interesting on the way home... like the long way through the Rockies?

I was lusting after the Rosso Corsa at the museum. It was so pretty. Too bad it was on that wall 30 ft in the air or else I would have tried to sneak it out.

I’ll look down from the plane as we cross the Rockies. Maybe I’ll spot a barn find from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Made it back to North Carolina just ahead of the storm. For those of you still keeping track I’m flying not riding to Oregon. Unless I find a V11 Sport in the next day. Even then the wife will kill me when got home. Kids might be driving her crazy.

Safe travels. I did confused about the ride/fly situation - I thought that was your Norton. Still sounds like a great adventure. Looking forward to more pics at your convenience.

It is truly amazing you guys got in and out ahead of this tropical system.

I went to ten Barber VinFests. Yeah, sometimes it rained, sometimes it stormed, sometimes hot, at times cold, but first full-on tropical storm as i recall.

Good on ya for doing this! Thanks for sharing with us! :mg:

Safe travels. I did confused about the ride/fly situation - I thought that was your Norton. Still sounds like a great adventure. Looking forward to more pics at your convenience.

Well, technically the Interstate use to be my Norton. But I sold it to my dad many years ago when I needed the money. Now I just get to ride it when I visit.  :ninja: 

It is truly amazing you guys got in and out ahead of this tropical system.

I went to ten Barber VinFests. Yeah, sometimes it rained, sometimes it stormed, sometimes hot, at times cold, but first full-on tropical storm as i recall.

Good on ya for doing this! Thanks for sharing with us! :mg:

When it hit the coast it was a hurricane!

b2d41a11b26ec89a44a4f415a01f2cf7.jpg

One of my favorite scores was this embroidered key fob at the swap meet. $5

• Like 1

Kudos for not scratching up your well cared for dash!

Sadly it’s got some scratches from the past so it not pristine. I’m not a big fan of more than one key.