Hey Scud did you see this......Scura !

nobleswood

says posted about a month ago. I use Search Tempest quite often and that Scura has never turned up. Does anyone have a favorite way to search the nation for V11's? Other than CL I check Cycle Trader and MGNOC.

Good find nobleswood. Close by, Mr Scud

That sure looks like a good deal. You'd pay nearly that much just to get the suspension on eBay. Alas, all the beds in the V11 hospital are taken at the moment...

That sure looks like a good deal. You'd pay nearly that much just to get the suspension on eBay. Alas, all the beds in the V11 hospital are taken at the moment...

I read that as "If you drag one more motorcycle home I'm leaving" LOL

• Like 2

Amarillo by Morning, ta da ta da!

Only 586 miles away...trailer ready to go!  

Tempting to be sure...may have to get one of our other inmates on WildGuzzi to nab this one!  Perhaps someone from Dallas!

I was suspicious about the low price. It's got 20,000 miles & maybe they're concerned about the longevity of the clutch.

But as Scud said, as a parts bike thats a good deal. You could almost pay that much for the Ohlins.

Scud, we accepted you're distraction with the 'Greenie' episode. But maybe it's time to move back to the 'Dark Side' & sell it. We won't have to talk about it again. : )

Seems suspiciously cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, the ad doesn't seem to be written by a Nigerian prince.. yes, entirely too cheap. Scud.. you could put it on a gurney in the aisle..

Well, somebody should rescue it. I thought the price on my Greenie was suspiciously low, so I went over with cash and brought it home. PO just wanted it gone so he could buy something else - but it still doesn't run right...

Very little "discretionary wrench time" time lately... birthdays, graduations, and too much "mandatory wrench time" like my recent shifter spring failure. And scheming for my next big mountain pass...

At this point, Chuck, the "aisle" would be outside, where my daughter's chew-happy puppy spends a lot of time. 

Scud- did you ever determine what was causing the noise inside the engine?  

Scud- did you ever determine what was causing the noise inside the engine?  

See... this is why I cannot bring another bike home right now. The noisy engine is in the Champagne LeMans project - on hold pending further investigation. The Greenie-rescue has different, as-yet undiagnosed, problems.

I think (therefore I hope) that the Scura and red LeMans will stop pitching fits for a while. The red LeMans burped a boot off a throttle body recently - but a re-tune has her running better than ever. Weirdly, she burped a boot on a night loop last week - then the next night I did the same loop on the Scura, and she broke a shift spring at the same location. I'm not superstitious, but just to be on the safe side, I'm not riding the K75s on that loop... the poor old brick just soldiers on without complaint, but she needs tires again...

I saw a thread about this Scura on WildGuzzi too - it's getting some attention.

I read that as "If you drag one more motorcycle home I'm leaving" LOL

My wife said that she doesn't mind having bike payments, as long as it one at a time!