Where are you on your V11?

swooshdave

e0eee26da6298e0dd5e8e8378fbd8a8a.jpg

Visiting some Italian relatives at lunch today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wandering in the vicinity of Cedar Vale,...took a break from the traffic in Sedan, KS.

20180505_123109.jpg

• Like 2

Wandering in the vicinity of Cedar Vale,...took a break from the traffic in Sedan, KS.

20180505_123109.jpg

Beautiful Lemans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I went for a short ride into San Pasqual Valley, the site of a battle in the Mexican-American War, which nobody seems to know who won... but a somewhat arbitrary line got drawn on a map only 150 years ago, which makes where I live San Diego, California, USA, instead of San Diego, Baja California, Mexico. Today, the valley is the site of the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park. The white sphere at top right in the photo is a balloon-ride attraction at the Safari Park.

IMG_7969.jpg

Battle of San Pasqual

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_San_Pasqual

Safari Park

http://sdzsafaripark.org/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuYTYBRDsARIsAJnrUXC6DmbIfkS0pMDFEMjZiIq11j7Nvc9OyELLU1OsW4WoT5KNgPoZxDUaAm-zEALw_wcB

Then I went up what turned out to be a very long dirt road to a winery I had never stopped at before and had a complimentary drop of a lovely big red. Must go back with my wife and have lunch.

IMG_7970.jpg

Then on the way home, I lost all my electricity, checked 30 amp fuse, swapped relays around, pushed 1/4 mile to a safe spot, called AAA, got a ride-of-shame trip back home, took out the battery, cursed, threatened to buy a Honda, etc. Yesterday, a sensor went bad on my Ducati. I effin' swear if my Husqvarna has an electrical failure this weekend I am going Big Red for wines and motorcycles.

Then on the way home, I lost all my electricity, checked 30 amp fuse, swapped relays around, pushed 1/4 mile to a safe spot, called AAA, got a ride-of-shame trip back home, took out the battery, cursed, threatened to buy a Honda, etc. Yesterday, a sensor went bad on my Ducati. I effin' swear if my Husqvarna has an electrical failure this weekend I am going Big Red for wines and motorcycles.

If that wasn't such a beautiful bike I'm sure you would have kicked her out of bed by now.

Scud, Electrical problems and left for dead?  Been there, done that.  Still don't know why.  (you probably saw the thread)

But Ms Green ran 1200+ miles to Ark, started on first push and ran like a train.

She's a fickle gal.  Crazy but fun.  Not so much high maintenance but prone to nervous breakdowns.

......just 17 or 18 more to go  

220px-Nervousstones.jpg

If that wasn't such a beautiful bike I'm sure you would have kicked her out of bed by now.

Other than the known "Scura Issues" which I have addressed, she's been quite reliable. And I think this electrical problem could be my fault (related to battery charger) - I'll try to summarize the problem in a different thread.

I'm done with my temper-tantrum now, but it was annoying to have two electrical failures on two different Italian bikes on two consecutive days. At least the Ducati had the courtesy to fail in the dealer parking lot, where they had the sensor in stock, causing only a minor expense and a 20 minute delay.

Looks like the guys had a good time in Arkansas John based on the pics here and WG...good for you for organizing what looks like a fun ride.  Hope to join next year!

Scud...great history lesson as well...a pity about the electrical issues, hopefully easily sorted...

Enjoying the last couple of days of a trip to Hawaii...saw lots of motorcycles on the island, but no Guzzis...although quite a few motos and bicyclists riding up to Haleakala National Park (had to bag another park while here)...

Looking forward to swinging the leg over the Guzzis when I get back!