Where are you on your V11?

swooshdave

Wandering in the vicinity of Cedar Vale,...took a break from the traffic in Sedan, KS.

20180505_123109.jpg

A question.....I've seen many images of American country towns and it seem usual to lack awnings out the front of the stores. Just wondering why?

It seems to make them feel a little bleak and lacking character. Is there a reason for this?

I love a country town with old stores with awnings. Add hitching posts and horse drinking troughs and, well perfect.

Most Aussie country town have awnings but it doesnt necessarily mean it will have a nice feel. Sometimes our towns have the awnings but too wide a main street and loose the intimate feel.

Ciao

An interesting observation. It really depends on where it is as too how necessary an awning is. There are many factors such as winter snow load, amount of rain, amount of sun and even if there is a local awning person. But it’s certainly not universal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Dave said, plus...

Awnings are nice for foot traffic and Americans don't walk nearly as much as people in other countries I've been to. 

The midwest has some pretty intense winds sometimes, which could be another factor - I see a few awnings in that photo, but they are all fairly small.

Also depends on how posh the town is. 

there ain't a lot of foot traffic in Cedar Vale. Most of the store fronts are empty.  With the largest filled up with memorabilia as a "museum" 

In keeping with the thread title: where I was last week, but not on my V11, was the annual MG club gathering up in Woodinville (Seattle)

Broke my arm, ruining the first part of summer (got some good spring riding in first, thankfully), so couldn’t ride up, but decided to drive up to the MG club event, partly because I don’t have much else to do without a functioning right arm...

Fun visit, though small. Seeing the Cossacks ride/perform was a hoot. And some good wine tasting in that area which I hadn’t realized.... and I wasn’t riding of course, and had a driver, so when in Rome...

Thought I might see some people I’d recognize, but realized I don’t know any guzzi people by sight. I ride almost entirely solo, except for rare cases when riding with one of my good friends who ride, so I only know guzzi people by their forum names. Guess I’ll get to one of the portland guzzi gatherings eventually, when the arm is functional again.

And here’s an embarrassing question: anyone know how to add a pic to a post via tap-a-talk? iPhone shows the attachment options, which then show the pics from the phone memory, but There doesn’t seem to be an option/button to actually add them... I’ll figure it out - probably something obvious, but maybe it can’t be done so will save me some time to get that tip.

Adding the photo is messed up. If you look really carefully there is a “Done” button. It’s super hard to see but if you just mash around you’ll hit it there’s nothing else down there to hit. It threw me off today too.

I’ll try to get to one of the Portland meetings this year. I shouldn’t be hard to spot. Say howdy when you do.

Adding the photo is messed up. If you look really carefully there is a “Done” button. It’s super hard to see but if you just mash around you’ll hit it there’s nothing else down there to hit. It threw me off today too.

I’ll try to get to one of the Portland meetings this year. I shouldn’t be hard to spot. Say howdy when you do.

Tapatalk seems to have fixed the Done button. I sent them an email of the photo link issue.

41068803080_3692ffc871_k.jpg

You already know what I'm going to say... video coming soon... but with a ridiculous bonus section.

• Like 2

I am here with my V11............it just turned over 45k miles today.  Perhaps a little more since the Veglia was a little glitchy before it was fixed.

• Like 1

28020210397_cfd33317e1_k.jpg

28020209467_10ce110604_k.jpg

41988800055_e93f956f16_k.jpg

Went and visited Jim and his beautiful V11 Sport. I even took it around the block. With no bar end weights it's a little buzzy but it's got way more pep than my bike. I think it has a Power Commander, maybe that makes a difference? The FBF mufflers don't hurt either. It's such a sweet bike.

• Like 2

The new cans look good on yer bike Dave. Crossover is next. Did Jim's bike have the crossover as well? That'll make it a tad quicker.

They both have the stock crossovers. I think mine needs a new map. Does anyone know of a map for a stock bike with just Mistrals?