Pete Roper V11 slosh trays now available!

Pressureangle

Apologies for the delay but had work issues to deal with and the plates have been ready for a couple weeks....

Behold the beauty of the world famous Roper Plate.

I'll be getting some packaging material sorted out for these next week so I can start shipping out shortly thereafter.

Thanks for the patience everyone.

Cheers

IMG_4145.jpg

• Like 2

I just came back to the screen here after unpacking them and checking the dimensions and the idiots at the waterjet facility cut them from the same 3/16" thick material as my other parts, not the 3mm material (aluminum) I requested. I'll be calling them as soon as they reopen to get it fixed. I should have opened them and inspected them when I picked them up but you expect these people to get things right.

But footgoose... you make me ask if there was a prior issue with thickness?? surely a mm or so here or there isn't a deal breaker ... but if there is past experience i am unaware of please tell me asap... Thnaks

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

I just came back to the screen here after unpacking them and checking the dimensions and the idiots at the waterjet facility cut them from the same 3/16" thick material as my other parts, not the 3mm material (aluminum) I requested. I'll be calling them as soon as they reopen to get it fixed. I should have opened them and inspected them when I picked them up but you expect these people to get things right.

But footgoose... you make me ask if there was a prior issue with thickness?? surely a mm or so here or there isn't a deal breaker ... but if there is past experience i am unaware of please tell me asap... Thnaks

Here is a reference image indicating the fastener that would struggle to align when the sump spacer is set off further from the engine case. Some installers reported being able to get the fastener to thread in. Others have reported relieving (filing oval) the hole in the sidestand mounting plate. I would be concerned about creating excessive lateral stress on the sump spacer forcing the fastener in without creating some relief.

3/16" is almost double the thickness of the original P.Roper motomoda plates, if my measurements are close ( 0.1875"/~4.75mm vs ~0.098"/2.5mm).

DSCN2894.jpg

• Thanks 1

The reason I went to stainless in 2mm is because thinner alloy would fatigue and crack. You could find chunks in the sump! Not good.

The 2mm option worked withou issue in most cases but 1.5 might be better and I reckon it should be strong enough. It is a good idea to make the bolt holes slightly larger than 6mm simply to allow for inaccuracy in the cutting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All good info to have,... now,.... thanks!

Seems as though the material MUST be 2 mm stainless then..... oh boy..

Back to everyone in a few days after I talk to the waterjet guys.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

On 9/28/2019 at 8:52 AM, Pressureangle said:

Most of you probably follow the Redux thread, but I wanted to move the pertinent info to the top where it's not buried 7 pages deep.

Pete Roper licensed sloppage trays for V11 broad-sump motors, US-made in 304 Stainless Steel .080" thick. 

Edit; 

Plates have been taken over by member ducatiguzziindian- see later pages for info. 16 Nov. '23

;)

First post in this thread......

5 hours ago, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

But footgoose... you make me ask if there was a prior issue with thickness?? surely a mm or so here or there isn't a deal breaker ... but if there is past experience i am unaware of please tell me asap... Thanks

I'm running an original Roper plate. It was 'almost' a non issue for me. I used a rat tail file in the hole on the top side ever so slightly and it cleared nicely. Others have had different experiences. Gasket material obviously plays a role. For myself, it could have been slightly thicker and still worked.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 1:17 PM, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

OK Ladies and Gentlemen....

Roper Plate in 304 grade Stainless Steel, 2mm thick.

5 hours ago, DucatiGuzziIndian said:

Wasn’t that the plan all along?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Waterjet guys are back from the Christmas break and an order has been placed for plates in 2mm stainless steel.

Will update as soon as they are ready.

• Thanks 7

Plates should be ready this Friday but we are expecting some solid snow here in Seattle at the end of this week, so I will have to see how the roads are that day.

Will keep you all posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3