V100 early adopters among us Guzzisti (and not)?

p6x

I am willing to purchase a Moto Guzzi V100 as soon as available where I live;  

29 members have voted

1. 1. I am willing to purchase the V100 as soon as available:

• Yes. Unconditionally.
    • No.
    • I may become interested later.

3 hours ago, p6x said:

I think that Guzzi needs to ramp up quickly. Maybe 2030 will slip to 2035. Nobody really knows.

I am thinking that I may simply make the most of my V11 and forget about anything new at this point.

This is what I'm thinking too. It would hardly seem worth Piaggio dropping big coin developing an obsolete technology.

I too won't be buying another IC bike, at least not new. In fact I've just put my Yamaha outfit up for sale as I want to buy an 8V Norge and I can't justify yet another toy! The rego and insurance is killing me! 

I like the CARC series, especially the 8V's. Norges over here are rare though and I don't know if we ever got any roller tappet Norges. If I can get a nice, clean, A kit bike though that'll see me out nicely. A true 'Luxo-Barge'!😂

• Like 3

That’s wishful thinking. This “Green” push is another chance to tax and control the plebs. Gasoline/Diesel  is by far the safest and most effective medium of energy storage we have for transportation.

Simply suppling enough energy without a bunch of electric cars is a ongoing problem in Europe and here, where the climate nut jobs have authority. Let them convert the military to electric… now that might very well save the planet and a few lives…..

3 hours ago, Mikko said:

That’s wishful thinking. This “Green” push is another chance to tax and control the plebs. Gasoline/Diesel  is by far the safest and most effective medium of energy storage we have for transportation.

Simply suppling enough energy without a bunch of electric cars is a ongoing problem in Europe and here, where the climate nut jobs have authority. Let them convert the military to electric… now that might very well save the planet and a few lives…..

I never thought Electric Vehicles would be the future. I always rooted for hydrogen and fuel cells. It seemed to me the best solution.

Unfortunately, everywhere governments are pushing out the electric. To me hydrogen had it all to take over.

Unfortunately, hydrogen is far more expensive than electricity.

Whatever we think about "green" advocates, we can't fight it. I participated to an ABB presentation on the challenges to implementing large scale charging stations here in the USA, and we are far from being able to let go of fossil fuels.

Not to derail this thread, but you also should look at it with the authoritative eye. As far as I am aware, all electric vehicles are connected to the internet.

Deep within President Joe Biden’s recently signed infrastructure bill is a passage that will require automakers to begin including what can be best summarized as a “vehicle kill switch” within the operating software of new cars, which is described in the bill as “advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology”. The measure has been positioned as a safety tool to help prevent drunk driving, and by 2026 the kill switch could be mandated on every new car sold in the United States.”

Anyone over the age of 40 should hopefully see the end game here. Sure it starts out with a Nobel cause.. drunk driving kills x amount of people a year.. this will save lives!!!

Problem is always “Mission creep” once people become accustomed to big brother riding shotgun… then who’s to say stopping a bank robber? Or parent who didn’t return the child after a visit? Or because you posted something someone didn’t like?

Notice how new tech is always overladen with restrictions? The practical solution imo, would be a hybrid. Works in the largest machinery built to haul freight across the continent… Trains

Excuse me while I grab my soap box…thanks!

Here is another UK Guzzi dealer saying they are open to pre orders for the V100, but no price or delivery date being quoted. 
Here in the UK IC bike sales ban is set at 2035. It looks like the rest of Europe will also set 2035 as the end for IC powered 2 wheelers. This might seem in the distant future, but I cannot see many manufacturers investing heavily in a new IC platform that may have a life of only 10 ~ 11 years, when the entire European market is set to end. Plus if the eco-warriors get their way, this could be brought forward to 2030 to align with the ban on IC powered 4 wheelers 

EDC105CC-CD27-4498-AADC-C66D64E08E1F.png

8 hours ago, Mikko said:

Not to derail this thread, but you also should look at it with the authoritative eye. As far as I am aware, all electric vehicles are connected to the internet.

Deep within President Joe Biden’s recently signed infrastructure bill is a passage that will require automakers to begin including what can be best summarized as a “vehicle kill switch” within the operating software of new cars, which is described in the bill as “advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology”. The measure has been positioned as a safety tool to help prevent drunk driving, and by 2026 the kill switch could be mandated on every new car sold in the United States.”

Anyone over the age of 40 should hopefully see the end game here. Sure it starts out with a Nobel cause.. drunk driving kills x amount of people a year.. this will save lives!!!

Problem is always “Mission creep” once people become accustomed to big brother riding shotgun… then who’s to say stopping a bank robber? Or parent who didn’t return the child after a visit? Or because you posted something someone didn’t like?

Notice how new tech is always overladen with restrictions? The practical solution imo, would be a hybrid. Works in the largest machinery built to haul freight across the continent… Trains

Excuse me while I grab my soap box…thanks!

Man, I think you're on to something.  It's like we're being tracked all the time.  Luckily I have my cell phone with a map on it so I can escape. 

They'll never catch me.   :oldgit:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Stomach acid quickly to level yellow,, reading offering a few thoughts about no more IC.   Back into the brewery  :rasta:  :bier:

Cheers Tom.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I'm getting old enough to just keep my stuff and not buy anything new. I'll vote my conscience, but I'm tilting towards letting the "Utes" make their own dystopian future with me stock piling relays and spark plugs and filters and, and, and, and.....

• Haha 1