Tail Tidy / Fender Eliminator

footgoose

this was from a parts bike I had. Hand made. This is stainless so not an easy shop fab, but maybe useful for you to come up with something if you don't find anything.

IMG-1166.5.jpg

IMG-0534.JPG

IMG-0533.JPG

it's made from flat stock and bent. I made a template for future needs. This lighting is ebay. You can make flat portions larger for different lights.

IMG-1669.JPG

the lower bit is just thin aluminum cut to cover the exposed wiring and such under the tail.

It all bolts to the existing subframe wiith no mods. Click the pics to enlarge. Hosted on https://imgzeit.com/

IMG-1668.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 10:52 PM, footgoose said:

this was from a parts bike I had. Hand made. This is stainless so not an easy shop fab, but maybe useful for you to come up with something if you don't find anything.

IMG-1166.5.jpg

IMG-0534.JPG

IMG-0533.JPG

it's made from flat stock and bent. I made a template for future needs. This lighting is ebay. You can make flat portions larger for different lights.

IMG-1669.JPG

the lower bit is just thin aluminum cut to cover the exposed wiring and such under the tail.

It all bolts to the existing subframe wiith no mods. Click the pics to enlarge. Hosted on https://imgzeit.com/

IMG-1668.JPG

This looks reasonably DIY "doable" :thumbsup:

@docc We should consider putting it in the FAQ section since the options available never were very common even when the V11 was new, and now are dwindling if any are even available anymore commercially.

• Like 1

Probably better in "How to . . . " which allows for replies, whereas FAQ does not.

I've seen @footgoose's Tenni in person and that tail is tidy, indeed. Combined with the way he groomed the Titanium exhaust, the the entire back of the bike is transformed. Well, certainly compared to mySport that looks like it's carrying a tarped-down high and heavy load . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Footgooses' Tail tidy looks fantastic here.... just love how clean the back of the bike looks.

Theres a reference in this thread to "how he groomed the titanium exhaust" but I searched and couldn't find anything about that...

I also wonder if anyone would be interested in the bracket.... he kindly provided the template for it .... it would be an easy waterjet project just like the Roper plates.

Anyone interested ? ... and if it is not too much trouble to ask, where could I find more info on Footgooses back end? ....(OMG that doesn't sound right does it!):o

• Haha 1

Yes

Was thinking I could make Footgooses' tail tidy bracket.

But I was also interested in what he did to the exhaust, because that back end looks all the business!! I like the high exhausts.