4 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

Interesting development for the Marquez brothers. This does seem to strengthen their tie to Ducati.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1045629/1/marc-marquez-given-audi-worth-six-figures-he-pens-new-sponsorship-deal

It proves that even if Ducati is playing Marquez's arrival low-key, repeating they have their "own" pilots, Audi wants to capitalize on the association.

Indeniably, I think that Marquez probably aims at taking a higher seating at Ducati. Possibly Pramac.

Franco Morbidelli's performance will determine his future in Pramac, which did not start in the best way; notwithstanding Jorge Martin's ambition to replace Bastianini in the factory team.

Given that Francesco Bagnaia has already signed for two more years, there are potentially three spots that Mark Marquez can set sights upon. KTM has openly stated their interest in having Marquez too. However, I don't think he would want to integrate the Tech3 team. That leaves Jack Miller's ride, which up to now was always penciled to Pedro Acosta. Unless Pedro Acosta remains at Tech3...

Now, Crash.net reports that Ducati has put all its pilot' salary budget on Bagnaia, and is not contemplating spending has much on his teammate. Which may rule Jorge Martin's arrival. It is also reported that Fermin Aldeguer will join Pramac in 2025. This reinforces the possible arrival of Marquez for the second factory seat, has he has dropped his salary requirement to be able to achieve his goal to get to 9 world championships.

Honestly, I am not yet very concerned with where Marc Marquez goes. He is not the top guy, yet. And he may never be that guy. Time will tell. Who was really impressive in last weekends race was Bagnia. He was amazing. But I get that many are still focusing on Marc because of what he has done on the Honda in the past. He is doing better then he was at the end of his Honda career. But he still is not one of the fastest guys on the Ducati.

Side note, how mean is it that Audi gave Marc an RS6 and only gave Alex an RS4.....

4 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

Side note, how mean is it that Audi gave Marc an RS6 and only gave Alex an RS4.....

I got stricken by exactly that same lack of etiquette....

Both should have gotten the exact same car....

On 3/15/2024 at 12:32 AM, p6x said:

Both should have gotten the exact same car....

Maybe they wanted exactly those cars? :huh2:

Personally, I would prefer the A4 base over the A6, because it is lighter and more compact. And I've been in an R4 (no, wasn't allowed to drive it myself...). The thing is a farking rocket on wheels. B)

4 hours ago, audiomick said:

Maybe they wanted exactly those cars? :huh2:

Personally, I would prefer the A4 base over the A6, because it is lighter and more compact. And I've been in an R4 (no, wasn't allowed to drive it myself...). The thing is a farking rocket on wheels. B)

It is possible they were each one asked about which car they would rather have.

I am not a big fan of DKW Auto-Union evolution. To me, Ferdinand is the only one that got it right, even if I loved my NSU Prinz C.

Anyhow, having an exotic car that can't be put through its paces is kind of let down. It is not even the speed limits, it is simply the amount of cars competing for space on the same roads. Here in Houston, no matter the time of the day, you are in traffic jams all the time!

• Like 1
On 3/14/2024 at 2:00 PM, GuzziMoto said:

Honestly, I am not yet very concerned with where Marc Marquez goes. He is not the top guy, yet. And he may never be that guy. Time will tell. Who was really impressive in last weekends race was Bagnia. He was amazing. But I get that many are still focusing on Marc because of what he has done on the Honda in the past. He is doing better then he was at the end of his Honda career. But he still is not one of the fastest guys on the Ducati.

Audi owns Ducati.

On 3/15/2024 at 6:00 AM, GuzziMoto said:

Not as mean as Phillip Island naming a corner after Jack Miller instead of Remy Gardner. I like Jack but he's never won a world title or anything super special except crash a lot. Remy on the other hand has been a Moto2 World Champion at least. 

Makes me wonder about those that make these PR decisions.

Phil

I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly) that the difference is related to their performance in Moto GP.  Alex hasn't really done anything yet...will he in the future, who knows.

I'm a little surprised they didn't get a nice Porsche 911 Turbo S...as much as I think the Audi's are absolutely bad ass Avant/Break/Stationwagon...there's nothing like ripping around in the 911.   

At last year's Porsche festival in The Woodlands, there was a color shifting RS6 Avant wagon...truly stunning.  Only problem is I haven't seen if you can get them in a stick shift, everything is automatic/PDK these days...how boring! 

10 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

I'm a little surprised they didn't get a nice Porsche 911 Turbo S...

The relationships between Volkswagen and Porsche are incestuous enough that a Porsche would no doubt be as easily possible as an Audi.

What brand they actually get offered has probably as much to do with what the Volkswagen concern wants to advertise as anything else. :huh2:

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, audiomick said:

The relationships between Volkswagen and Porsche are incestuous enough that a Porsche would no doubt be as easily possible as an Audi.

What brand they actually get offered has probably as much to do with what the Volkswagen concern wants to advertise as anything else. :huh2:

Lots of VW adds here for the Taos...

In my neck of the woods, we have a plethora of soccer mums running around in Cayenne, Maican, and the occasional Taycan. The 911 remains a boy's toy.

I have seen a few young ladies running Boxters, but that is about it.

The 911 is not up to today's comfort standards. There aren't many Audi SUV either, BMW seems to dominate the market. Tesla aplenty!!!

It's official today, Fermin Aldeguer will ride on a Ducati from 2025.

It is either at Pramac or the Factory team.

Pramac, Gresini, VR46 have their Ducati contracts up for renewal in 2025.

As Ducati confirmed his arrival to ride on a Ducati, at this very moment, only Enea Bastianini's bike is available until Pramac, Gresini, VR46 have signed their new contracts with Ducati.

Everybody expects Pramac to continue with Ducati.