V100 Mandello S

Tomchri

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Apologies for that 6 minutes a fellow Aussie has stolen from your lives if you watched it through. The video starts off well when he can't actually get the name of the bike right (he called it a Mondello:homer:

On a positive note all the riding was done around my area of the world. The Black Spur and Reefton Spur are my local rides and the Guzzi Museum was built and is owned by Teo Lamers who retired to here and owns TLM Guzzi in the Netherlands. It's just over an hour away.

Phil  

Thank you for telling about Teo Lamers. Now that museum/collection makes sense! :mg:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Apologies for that 6 minutes a fellow Aussie has stolen from your lives if you watched it through. The video starts off well when he can't actually get the name of the bike right (he called it a Mondello:homer:

Phil  

Wholeheartedly agree, I only made it through about half way and had to get up to have a shit.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

On a positive note all the riding was done around my area of the world. The Black Spur and Reefton Spur are my local rides and the Guzzi Museum was built and is owned by Teo Lamers who retired to here and owns TLM Guzzi in the Netherlands. It's just over an hour away.

Phil  

The museum was the best part of the video.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tomchri said:

I NEVER had a problem with that. More bikes more smiles. Aren't you on the same track now, Quota first, and.    Sorry no specific answer.  Will I get more bikes, probably  :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.

My intention are less noble than yours...

I was only looking for a second bike with more range than my present one. Even more now that my average mpg has taken a sudden plunge; the 3000 fuel hesitation has vanished, but at the cost of getting less mileage on a single tank.

I really love taking those back roads that you find in Texas. They have those funny names such as Farm to Market or Ranch Road and what not. However, if you stick to these, avoiding major cities, you will not find any gas station. This is particularly true in the Western part of Texas where everyone has a truck, and a good for 700 miles tank.

This last trip, I refilled at Pecos, took the I-20 down to Kent and the 118 to the McDonald Observatory. I did not see a single vehicle on the 118. There was no cell phone coverage either, or at least not for AT&T. The Gas station at the exit of the I-20 was long abandoned. I suppose it is the same in Northern Norway?

I am happy with the V11, but I would welcome the Stelvio and its 30 liters tank any given day. The QUOTA has a 200 miles range, but I really dream of 300 miles range.

On 10/1/2023 at 3:46 PM, p6x said:

My intention are less noble than yours...

I was only looking for a second bike with more range than my present one. Even more now that my average mpg has taken a sudden plunge; the 3000 fuel hesitation has vanished, but at the cost of getting less mileage on a single tank.

I really love taking those back roads that you find in Texas. They have those funny names such as Farm to Market or Ranch Road and what not. However, if you stick to these, avoiding major cities, you will not find any gas station. This is particularly true in the Western part of Texas where everyone has a truck, and a good for 700 miles tank.

This last trip, I refilled at Pecos, took the I-20 down to Kent and the 118 to the McDonald Observatory. I did not see a single vehicle on the 118. There was no cell phone coverage either, or at least not for AT&T. The Gas station at the exit of the I-20 was long abandoned. I suppose it is the same in Northern Norway?

I am happy with the V11, but I would welcome the Stelvio and its 30 liters tank any given day. The QUOTA has a 200 miles range, but I really dream of 300 miles range.

Planning comes to mind for gas in back roads, everywhere I think.  Actually not to bad up here getting gas.  The non existing summer this year is over, a few more rides hopefully.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Planning comes to mind for gas in back roads, everywhere I think.  Actually not to bad up here getting gas.  The non existing summer this year is over, a few more rides hopefully.

Cheers Tom.

Are heated jackets and such popular there, in Norway, @Tomchri?

19 hours ago, docc said:

Are heated jackets and such popular there, in Norway, @Tomchri?

There is actually quite a few winther rallys, Primus,crystal +++. Long time since I been riding in the snow. So for sure a market for anything heated.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 3:13 PM, p6x said:

...multiple vehicle owner. How do you decide which one you are going to ride on any given day?

It depends a little bit on which ones are running (currently 4 bikes, one car and one bicycle), but...

I do think about practical things, what I need to take with me and so on. The bottom line is, I open the drawer that the keys are in, and take the one that is calling the loudest to be ridden. Even if that goes against the "common sense" planning. It's sort of like baby birds in a nest when the parent turns up with food. The loudest one wins.  B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1