V100 Mandello S

Tomchri

I am just in from a 146 mile ride on the Sport to meet up with Goofman and view the two V100 on the dealer floor, a red one and a Green S.

Packed into a crowded showroom, they immediately impressed as being smaller than expected. I was hoping for small-ish, but they were smaller, yet, next to other bikes. (I would still love to see one right next to mySport).

They do look very nice, design/fit/finish-wise. There was certainly nothing else there like them there. And this dealer handles Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Aprilia, Triumph, KTM, Indian, and Vespa.  I imagine the V100 Mandello would make a fine sport-tourer with some panniers fitted.

The front view did rather let me down as I am fond of the cylinders and heads flying in the atmosphere.  In this case, it is the radiator doing all of the frontal presentation (where it must be, of course). So, instead of the V-twin being the centralized focus, the V100 is more focused upon its bodywork designs and paint. Very nice, but not my focus preference for a motorcycle.

Sitting on the bike, I found the position far more upright than expected. We immediately started trying to figure out how to drop the bars or fit clip-ons . . .

Proof positive that they did not make this V100 for me. They know I have my Guzzii already.

• Like 2

I have to add that I find a certain excitement looking at the instruments of my cockpit, even with the Sport turned off, parked. :sun:

The modern flatscreen, darkened when off, leaves me, well, flat . :mellow:

That it reminds me sitting at a computer terminal lends no thrill to my experience.

• Like 2

4000km on the Verde V100 now.  I have a serious sweet spot for all my bikes, and the V100 is D staying.  She is SO rideable.  The seat will bite like most seats after enough km, better seat on the V11, super on the Duc.   Had a trip to the dealer last thursday, they took care of the tirepressure sensor problem. Happy with the dealer so far.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 2

Docc, that goes quite a long way in the direction of LP vs. CD.

The new is undeniably better in quite a lot of ways, but haptically and visually the old is somehow more fulfilling. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomchri said:

the tirepressure sensor problem.

What was the problem, and what was the solution?

I'm asking more or less for other people. I've read a few comments about how the tyre pressure sensor can take quite a while to "connect". Did your problem have anything to do with that?

They stayed on red, no matter the pressure, yes I tried quite a few times with different pressures. They never touched the wheels, just interweb magic.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, docc said:

I have to add that I find a certain excitement looking at the instruments of my cockpit, even with the Sport turned off, parked. :sun:

That it reminds me sitting at a computer terminal lends no thrill to my experience.

It's the tail end of winter here ( yay ) and I'm riding into the office once a week again...

As such it's dark in the mornings and I love the soft warm light of the Vague'lias !

It's about the only warmth ha ha.

Cheers 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2023 at 5:07 PM, docc said:

At least you do not need to provide an email and a password to log in...

I always preferred analogical instruments personally. I still do. I love looking at the dash of my 911 after I switched on the ignition, witnessing all the vitals of the cars coming to life with the engine.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 5:18 PM, Tomchri said:

4000km on the Verde V100 now.  I have a serious sweet spot for all my bikes, and the V100 is D staying.  She is SO rideable.  The seat will bite like most seats after enough km, better seat on the V11, super on the Duc.   Had a trip to the dealer last thursday, they took care of the tirepressure sensor problem. Happy with the dealer so far.

Cheers Tom.

Something I always wanted to understand from a multiple vehicle owner. How do you decide which one you are going to ride on any given day?

What is it based upon? specific use? itinerary? pillion?

It is a serious question; I only have two vehicles, one with four, the other with two wheels. To me, it is always easy, because four wheels is only a back up. Two wheels are superior in every compartment of the pleasure rank. Even if a 911 is its own kind of reward, nothing beats a Guzzi.

Note that I did ask a similar question to my Saudi friend, when I worked for Aramco... (he had multiple wives)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, p6x said:

Something I always wanted to understand from a multiple vehicle owner. How do you decide which one you are going to ride on any given day?

What is it based upon? specific use? itinerary? pillion?

It is a serious question; I only have two vehicles, one with four, the other with two wheels. To me, it is always easy, because four wheels is only a back up. Two wheels are superior in every compartment of the pleasure rank. Even if a 911 is its own kind of reward, nothing beats a Guzzi.

Note that I did ask a similar question to my Saudi friend, when I worked for Aramco... (he had multiple wives)

I NEVER had a problem with that. More bikes more smiles. Aren't you on the same track now, Quota first, and.    Sorry no specific answer.  Will I get more bikes, probably  :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.

9 hours ago, Joe said:

:sun: :rasta:

Apologies for that 6 minutes a fellow Aussie has stolen from your lives if you watched it through. The video starts off well when he can't actually get the name of the bike right (he called it a Mondello:homer:

On a positive note all the riding was done around my area of the world. The Black Spur and Reefton Spur are my local rides and the Guzzi Museum was built and is owned by Teo Lamers who retired to here and owns TLM Guzzi in the Netherlands. It's just over an hour away.

Phil  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1