Our forum, the only place I can share (MPH)

Even some of you will be disappointed in me, but I had to share this with someone that could understand. Having now put over a 1,000 miles on my V11, I've grown much more used to  the bike. On my 25 mile all freeway commute yesterday, I passed a few cars and was enjoying all of our roll-on acceleration. When I looked down at my speedo, I was surprised to see it damn near the end of measurement! I was doing 130mph! The crazy thing is, the bike was still pulling so hard, I really didn't think I was going that fast. I've wondered what top speed is but now I know the stock speedo won't be able to report whatever that is. Boy, that felt good!

• Like 3

The V11 is, in classic GT fashion, deceptively fast. Even with the optimism of the stock speedo factored in your were still likely doing a buck twenty or so.

Be careful.

• Like 1

Yes, be careful, even whilst having fun.

I haven't had mine on the Autobahn yet, but one fine day... B)

I hope to have the Navigator mount on it by then, and then I will also know what the real speed is. I'm curious.

A good "loop" for that sort of game starting from where I live is westwards out of town to Junction 17, head south to the cloverleaf, then east to Junction 29 and back in to town. Going by the map, that's about 33 km. of Autobahn.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=Leipzig#map=11/51.3205/12.3304

The first bit down to the cloverleaf is 3 lanes both ways, and the whole stretch is mostly unrestricted. With a bit of luck at the right time of day on the right day, barring roadworks, there is nothing stopping you from opening the throttle to the stop and just holding it there until common sense prevails. :helmet:

Germany does have some good sides. ;)

• Like 3

Occasionally, a casual admirer will ask how fast mySport will go.

I've grown fond of replying, "I've never seen the speedomoter over 135 ." (mph, of course.)

I never said I've seen it that fast, just never over . . . ;)  :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
3 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

Even some of you will be disappointed in me, but I had to share this with someone that could understand. Having now put over a 1,000 miles on my V11, I've grown much more used to  the bike. On my 25 mile all freeway commute yesterday, I passed a few cars and was enjoying all of our roll-on acceleration. When I looked down at my speedo, I was surprised to see it damn near the end of measurement! I was doing 130mph! The crazy thing is, the bike was still pulling so hard, I really didn't think I was going that fast. I've wondered what top speed is but now I know the stock speedo won't be able to report whatever that is. Boy, that felt good!

you  need to get that speedometer fixed. :rolleyes:

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

Tone it down a bit for lane splitting...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had the pleasure today, some woud call it quick riding.  And so fast you get used to doing 200km + for quite some time, yes l like Germany :rasta:.  270km is perty good for a raindeer. Assen tomorrow.  A V11 220km, wild quess. 

Cheers Tom. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, audiomick said:

Yes, be careful, even whilst having fun.

I haven't had mine on the Autobahn yet, but one fine day... B)

I hope to have the Navigator mount on it by then, and then I will also know what the real speed is. I'm curious.

A good "loop" for that sort of game starting from where I live is westwards out of town to Junction 17, head south to the cloverleaf, then east to Junction 29 and back in to town. Going by the map, that's about 33 km. of Autobahn.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=Leipzig#map=11/51.3205/12.3304

The first bit down to the cloverleaf is 3 lanes both ways, and the whole stretch is mostly unrestricted. With a bit of luck at the right time of day on the right day, barring roadworks, there is nothing stopping you from opening the throttle to the stop and just holding it there until common sense prevails. :helmet:

Germany does have some good sides. ;)

You really need to pick the time and place for that sort of shenanigans over here....

Even then it's a nervous wait n watching of the lettebox for the next 2 to 3 weeks!

The dictator and his minions have a 1 kph tolerance and 20 over means instant loss of licence.

I think it's 40 + and they impound your bike which costs a couple grand to get back so I'm told.

Anything silly (in big brothers eyes) and they crush it!

Oh for the days when we could ENJOY ourselves in peace! If you got caught you paid your fine and lived to ENJOY yourself another day...

None of this Safetycrat BS which is Goverment speak for revenue raising!

Cheers

Ps Ban low performance riders / drivers not High performance Bikes/cars by the way... ha ha says he who has mellowed somewhat over the years! (but not completely) 

Pps sorry for the rant!

• Like 3

It's been terrible, my license was under video investigation 2weeks ago.  But it was in a curb, not that easy to get correct measures.  Meaning when they can catch you, meeting the boys in blue on their bikes.  Game over. 

Cheers Tom. 

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Tomchri said:

And so fast you get used to doing 200km + for quite some time,

That's exactly the problem with the Autobahn. As mentioned, I haven't been on it with the V11 yet, but the Autobahn is the reason I bought the GTR. I wanted a bike with good luggage, a shaft drive, and enough kick to keep up with the pace on the Autobahn on long trips. And I like Kawaski.

The fairing on the GTR is so good that you don't notice how fast you are going. I've used the GTR many times to do trips upwards of 400 km. . Mostly, I was on the way to a job, so it's all about getting there, not tourist trips. My cruising speed is generally around 160 km/h ( 100 m.p.h.). One has to keep reminding oneself that it really does take a while to slow down from that sort of speed, and paying very close attention to what is going on is a very good idea. After more than about half an hour at a constant silly speed, it all starts to just feel normal. :(

Still, it's really good fun to ride on a very well designed and constructed freeway at a speed at which you have to concentrate for the curves. ;)

• Like 3

It's actually safer too!

Crawling along at 100kph in a lot of scenarios means you're MORE LIKELY to lose concentration than if you're sitting on 160k....

At that speed you ARE concentrating on what you're doing!

Ha ha 100kph on the Nullabor especially after a couple of days of travel IS dangerous but the rozzers will happily relieve you of your hard earned!

Cheers

Ps back in the day the cops weren't too bad either as many were bike nuts too and understood...unlike many of todays twats who've swallowed the govt BS hook line and sinker!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, guzzler said:

It's actually safer too!

Crawling along at 100kph in a lot of scenarios means you're MORE LIKELY to lose concentration than if you're sitting on 160k....

Yes. Talking from (lots of) experience, not from "I wish I could": when you're driving at higher speeds (as long as you're not terminally stupid) you stay concentrated. Doesn't matter if it is a bike or a car or a transporter ( a Mercedes Sprinter with the "right" motor will also easily hold 160 km/h plus. Fully loaded. )