Interesting special

Admin Jaap

That looks to be a spine frame Sport with a fairly modern 8 valve CARC motor (like from an 8 valve Griso) stuffed into it. Tricky in part because the alternator of the modern motor is up front between the cylinder heads, driven by a belt as I recall, which would likely be in the way of the spine frame. The Sport was before the V11 Sport, between it and the Daytona. Think of it as a Daytona with a V11 motor but the older 5 speed trans.

Impressive.

I wonder if they switched from the belt drive alternator to one mounted directly on the end of the crank.

• Like 2

My guess is it a Griso CARC bike with a Aprilia Tuono rear sub frame and body work, added to a Sport100 Tank and fairing. It somehow also looks to be housing a red spine frame and Griso muffler. The wave front rotors, Aprilia dash and custom rear sets to top it off. A Tuono Griso Sport1100, I like all of those bikes so I guess by default I like this invention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

to me, it looks like a Griso 1200 motor, exhaust and drivetrain in (perhaps) a spine frame with a V11 tank and a fairing that approximates or is derived from a Sport 1100.

If it is well done, potentially a very exciting motorcycle. Poorly done, a potential nightmare. :huh2:

In the picture it is pretty enough. Something about the proportions irritates me, but I'm not sure that the problem there is not simply an artefact of a very short focal length lens on the camera that took the picture. ( @Admin Jaap it's about time we had that "scratching his head and thinking heavily" emoticon here...)

• Like 2

It looks like V11 99-2000 frame or Daytona/Centauro frame fitted with a 1200 Griso/Sport engine and driveline and Daytona RS tank and fairing and Aprilia RSV1000R seat cowling. Interesting and fitted with the std Griso mufflers so one can assume it's been road legalised other wise why would you retain those massive things.

Phil 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, audiomick said:

In the picture it is pretty enough. Something about the proportions irritates me, 

I'm sure it's well built and goes like a scalded cat.

Lately I can't even seem to manage to thread zip ties into place,let alone build something as beautiful as this,,,.

But now that you've brought it up,,, anyone going to this much time & effort and still leaves the hideous stock Griso exhaust installed,calls for a public flogging, jk.

:rasta:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 80CX100 said:

anyone going to this much time & effort and still leaves the hideous stock Griso exhaust installed,calls for a public flogging, jk.

Yes, there is something in that.

But let's be generous and concentrate ourselves on "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

I'm sure the constructor meant well, and perhaps there were unforseen difficulties in aquiring an exhaust system that was not an ugly piece of shoeshine. B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

I'm sure it's well built and goes like a scalded cat.

Lately I can't even seem to manage to thread zip ties into place,let alone build something as beautiful as this,,,.

But now that you've brought it up,,, anyone going to this much time & effort and still leaves the hideous stock Griso exhaust installed,calls for a public flogging, jk.

:rasta:

As I said it's probably for European legality registration wise. The Europeans have some strict rego laws that are enforced.

Phil

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

As I said it's probably for European legality registration wise. The Europeans have some strict rego laws that are reinforced.

Phil

I didn't see your post when I made mine.

You're probably right;I've been shocked reading on social media about some of the Europeans worried about their bike mods passing the annual vehicle inspection.

1 hour ago, 80CX100 said:

I didn't see your post when I made mine.

You're probably right;I've been shocked reading on social media about some of the Europeans worried about their bike mods passing the annual vehicle inspection.

Yea it's bureaucracy gone mad but they just have to suck it up so they hate foreigners mentioning it in reality. Can't blame them.

Phil

• Like 1

How cute! It's got tiny bellmouths and no air filtration on the 50mm TB's so they're buggered before you've ridden it more than 1,000km. It also has a wheelbase that dwarfs a stock Griso! It would be like riding a hearse! A flexible hearse with a hinge in the middle!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, pete roper said:

How cute! It's got tiny bellmouths and no air filtration on the 50mm TB's so they're buggered before you've ridden it more than 1,000km. It also has a wheelbase that dwarfs a stock Griso! It would be like riding a hearse! A flexible hearse with a hinge in the middle!:lol:

I agree about the lack of filtration not being a good thing. Not sure it is as bad as you think, but no filtration on a street bike is generally not good for longevity. As to the wheel base, it should be near identical to the wheel base of a Griso. The only thing that would change that bikes wheelbase from that of a Griso is the rake of the front forks. And as those front forks look to be slightly steeper than that of a Griso the wheelbase should be slightly shorter than the Griso. But the difference is likely minimal. The engine, transmission, and rear swingarm are the same between the two, that is 90% of the wheelbase. The rake of the front forks is that last 10%, a steeper rake angle would make the wheelbase slightly shorter while a more relaxed rake angle would make the wheelbase longer. The rake of the Griso is what, 26 degrees? That bike likely has a rake angle around 25 degrees. So it seems unlikely it has a longer wheelbase than a Griso. Mind you, that is a long wheelbase. But it isn't uncommon for a Guzzi.

Agreed that is an impressive and interesting project. At first glance, I liked the styling, but on closer look I don't care for the pairing of the angular, faceted tail section with flowing, organic fairing. Personally, for the expense and effort of this project, I'd prefer to have retained the original Sport and the original Griso (but with aftermarket exhaust).

• Like 4