I have looked and looked, but cannot find the discussion we had about this impressive lady rider.

Any recollections, links, or insights?

18ff15d3435117a836b1693780b3543c.jpg&f=1

• Like 2

Thanks, @MartyNZ, that was the post (by @dangerous) I recalled, but could not find . . .

" thats my Polish friend ;-) Kat unfortunatly she parked that bike under a car... "

I do not know how to interpret that statement. Did she survive this event?

[edit: I restored the image links on that thread.]

It is Katarzyna Jaskulska, that was a false rumor..She was in a bad accident not long after this shot.., a car went through a stop light and hit her ..but  she was not terribly hurt .

Professional Stunt rider..She did not die..she is still with us.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 8.19.48 PM.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

At least she does not pull stunts like the late Olga Promina...

My favorite motorcycle stunt lady happens to be French. Chances are you have seen her in any of the movies she describes below.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh for fucks sakes. Yeah, believe it. Then look at where the torque and horsepower graphs cross.

There are also huge problems with crankcase pressurisation and oil expulsion if you increase the swept volume of the motor.

I do tire of this bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, pete roper said:

...Yeah, believe it....

Yeah, I do believe it. The dyno graph is from this mob:

https://radicalspeedshop.com/motor_getriebe

They are well known here, and allegedly do good work. The 1200 to 1400 conversion apparently involves heads and barrels from the 1400 California models. I gather it is not "bolt on", but rather involves an alteration to the oil galleries somewhere.

There are a couple of blokes in the german forum with the conversion, at least one in a Griso, perhaps all of them.

The whole business is very expensive, and whether it is a good idea is debatable at least. Getting it legally on the bike's papers here is presumably impossible. What it does to the reliability is also a very good question.

Despite all that, the first-hand reports that I have read all said that the motor works well, and is enormous amounts of fun. :huh2:

If I had more money than I knew what to do with, I'd be interested in trying the conversion in a Norge. I think that would work nicely. ;)

I've built two single spark 1400's. There is a lot of work involved. Torque is prodigious. Outright power increase is minimal. Enlarging the motor produces big difficulties with oil expulsion/crankcase pressurisation. As you say the oil cooling circuits between the single spark and twin spark engines are entirely different and I've never heard an adequate explanation of how these people have addressed that issue.

The reason why much greater power is well nigh impossible to get is because of the side draft head design, narrow included valve angle and combustion chamber shape. Effect of cam changes will be minimal. I don't doubt that they are fun to ride, I just don't get why people have to make silly claims for them.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, pete roper said:

I've built two single spark 1400's. There is a lot of work involved. Torque is prodigious. Outright power increase is minimal. Enlarging the motor produces big difficulties with oil expulsion/crankcase pressurisation. As you say the oil cooling circuits between the single spark and twin spark engines are entirely different and I've never heard an adequate explanation of how these people have addressed that issue.

The reason why much greater power is well nigh impossible to get is because of the side draft head design, narrow included valve angle and combustion chamber shape. Effect of cam changes will be minimal. I don't doubt that they are fun to ride, I just don't get why people have to make silly claims for them.

Lots of people been saying there’s no more power to be gotten out of V8’s down at the drags for years…

Until somebody comes along & proves ‘em wrong! 😂

20 hours ago, pete roper said:

Oh for fucks sakes. Yeah, believe it. Then look at where the torque and horsepower graphs cross.

There are also huge problems with crankcase pressurisation and oil expulsion if you increase the swept volume of the motor.

I do tire of this bullshit.

ohhh... Pete fark me you still above ground LOL... on ya mate, yes or no... I dont believe it I mearly just posted it.