UK Government Brings I.C.E MOTORCYCLE BAN forward to 2030!

On one of my other forums I hang out on a biker friend bought this to my attention - as this affects my mates in the UK (I lived there for 15 years) I thought I’d pass the original poster’s message. It’s all supranational lead now - nothing sovereign - so probably be coming everybody’s way.

I just hope Guzzi hurries up & puts out a V100 LeMans soon because I wanna own one before the world ends!

—————

This is over a year old, but I confess I wasn’t aware of it. I must say, I had thought that the ban on ICE (internal combustion engined) bikes had been announced in conjunction with that for cars.

Stuart Fillingham’s bike channel I’ve only recently come across, confirmation of how long I’ve not been paying much attention to things motorcycle, despite continuously owning at least one bike since 1977.

I’m feeling genuinely sad, as an understatement, that this ban on petrol powered motorcycles marks the unequivocal end of an era of “the freedom of the open road”, which was afforded to people of all ages, but particularly young people, for around the last century. One of the many advantages of motorcycles, unless you buy something so large that it sacrifices it’s main advantage in traffic, is the ability to weave your way through static jams and out the other side.

Again, so long as you don’t buy a behemoth like a Victory, or ride around like Valentino Rossi, you’ve the manoeuvrability and economy to get you around quite economically. If you’re willing to put up with very limited power, some small engined machines cost peanuts to run, especially bought 5th hand. These also offer surmountable challenges to a young person, forced to learn how to perform basic maintenance (I’ve never had my bikes serviced by a bike shop, because I couldn’t afford to & very soon didn’t need to).

If what was going on was a combination of climate change and limitations on availability of so-called fossil fuels, small capacity motorcycles would be a very helpful, partial solution.

But they’re being banned too, in 2030.

The only explanation for the behaviour of our government is that it, along with the governments of scores of other countries, have been captured by (or worse, wilfully collaborated with) supranational forces such as we see manifest in the WEF (you’ll be aware that there are multiple other supranational groups who have been operating for long periods of time, about whom we never hear on our captured media & it is likely to they’re the source of WEF’s “marching orders”.

I don’t know how far down the rabbit hole Stuart Fillingham has got, but he’s a bright person, a former beat policeman (remember those?) & lifelong biker. He knows that climate change as an existential crisis is just a lie, but I don’t know what else he’s worked out.

He has pointed out something that I’d neglected to realise, and that’s that the imminent loss of access to cheap transport (like small bikes, or Geoff Buys Cars-style, near end of life ICE cars) means that the rural poor will largely not have access to employment. I don’t think any political party has yet pointed this out, and it’s a devastating problem. I imagine it’s objective is to force people off the land and into inadequate, still expensive, rentals of multiple occupation.

Best wishes

Mike

Ps: I wrote one post, which was deleted as I watched, seconds after posting it.

Audi is going back to ICE  :rasta:.

Cheers Tom

ICE banning has been broadcasted in Europe for some times now.

The mayor of Paris has been slowly but surely making life unbearable for those who want to travel in a car or a motorcycle. She (the Mayor) wants to use the Olympic Games to make permanent some of the traffic changes that will be implemented for the event.

In 2030, only individually owned electrically powered vehicles will be authorized to circulate in Paris.

Of course, whoever will get elected in 2026 may reverse the 2030 ban.

26 minutes ago, p6x said:

ICE banning has been broadcasted in Europe for some times now.

The mayor of Paris has been slowly but surely making life unbearable for those who want to travel in a car or a motorcycle. She (the Mayor) wants to use the Olympic Games to make permanent some of the traffic changes that will be implemented for the event.

In 2030, only individually owned electrically powered vehicles will be authorized to circulate in Paris.

Of course, whoever will get elected in 2026 may reverse the 2030 ban.

The push for this agenda gains momentum every year. The push-back will continue as well thankfully. 2030 was originally 2021. Watching how various nations have recently reacted to real world energy needs gives me hope that the ICE (and coal, LNG, oil) will continue for many more years, until alternatives that actually work can overtake and replace them.

"pleasure" vehicles, like most motorcycles, will be an easy target when these bans get traction.

• Like 2

Here's something interesting. I was talking to my SIL's father a few months ago about this. He's a retired physicist thats spent a good deal of his career in the oil industry. Our long held beliefs and education of the origins of oil are quite possibly flawed. In the history of all forms of drilling for exploration nobody has ever found fossilised material below a drilling depth of 16,000 feet. So thats the maximum depth ever recorded for buried originally organic material, material that may under the correct conditions be turned into a hydrocarbon or crude oil. So why then is a large percentage of our oil derived from wells between 28 and 32,000 feet? This may be the answer and means that oil reserves are instead of being a finite resource are more like a continuing by product of the earths naturally occurring geological conditions. So oil is the product of dead forests under the influence of pressure and heat? Quite possibly not as it turns out. Saturn's larges moon Titan has also been speculated to have vast subsurface deposits of crude oil by both NASA and the European space agency after reviewing probe information. There's never been forests on Titan as the surface is a sea of Methane.  

https://www.intechopen.com/chapters/41889

As for the death of ICE vehicles, don't worry it ain't going to happen in my lifetime.

Phil

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

As for the death of ICE vehicles, don't worry it ain't going to happen in my lifetime.

May you live long and prosper 🖖 Phil

I recently read a similar article on origins of oil.

• Like 1

In any case, I believe the future should be fuel cells and not battery powered EVs.

If I was getting a car, I would go for the Toyota Mirai; you get 15k USD of free fuel, refuel time is said to be 5', and 400 miles autonomy. Now, the bad news is that in Houston, I think there is only a single location where I can get H2, and I am not certain it is open to public.

In my mind, this is a much better solution than today's EVs. Obviously, there are trade-offs. H2 making requires a lot of energy. Also, we don't really know the expected longevity of the fuel cells.

6 hours ago, Frenchfrog said:

I've heard about that theory a long while ago...apparently ,according to the conspirationist who first told me about it , it was first put forward by Russian scientists.

A quick butchers on wikipedia gives this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenic_petroleum_origin

the idea has been around for a really long time !

You didn't open my link obviously.

Phil

I am thinking we should do our due diligence and pump those hydrocarbons to burn systematically in small, distributed amounts before they reach the surface in sufficient quantities to turn our atmosphere into a sea of methane . . . :sun:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, docc said:

I am thinking we should do our due diligence and pump those hydrocarbons to burn systematically in small, distributed amounts before they reach the surface in sufficient quantities to turn our atmosphere into a sea of methane . . . :sun:

You know that when I started working in the oilfield business, oil was purged directly into the sea :(, flaring the gas was the usual way of getting rid of it since back in these days, there was no option to transport it.

In today's world, burning anything is costly, as you need to request a permit with a reason for needing it. You need to estimate how much of hydrocarbons you will dispose off, and you get authorization, or not, and you have an inspector checking that you only dispose off that amount, and no more.

Also, I worked for a gas company which used underground to store gas. Which was a very convenient way to stock as the wells had been drilled by another operator, and they found nothing but the geology was ideal for storage.

You had two types of wells: injectors and producers. The producers would always sand-up, so from time to time, you had to clean them up. Since those wells were in a very sensitive area, no flaring was authorized, so we simply released the gas into the atmosphere. By today's rules, this would be a serious offense and be all over the news. That gas company never piped any word of that. I wonder how they do it today.....

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...