Sign-in list for V11 Le Mans Forum patch. ( the inscription roster has been closed)

p6x

6 hours ago, p6x said:

To the left of your login name, in the top right corner of the page, there is a little envelope. If you hover upon it, it says Messages.

This is how you send private messages. Just type the first few letters of my name, and once the search engine identifies me, click on it.

I receive notice into my email directly.

Hi - Ive messaged you

• p6x changed the title to Sign-in list for V11 Le Mans Forum patch. ( the inscription roster has been closed)

I sent the smoke signal last night, should be good - thx!

• Like 1

PayPal address? Bike trip w/cash?

Have been distracted as of late, wrangling to get health insurance to help pay for a $178,000/year drug that keeps me alive. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, po18guy said:

PayPal address? Bike trip w/cash?

Have been distracted as of late, wrangling to get health insurance to help pay for a $178,000/year drug that keeps me alive. 

It's free...

I just need your address!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, p6x said:

On that sorry note, it is just out of this world that one needs to settle this kind of bill on health principle...

I have had a taste of many medical systems worldwide, and made a hard landing when I needed a small emergency surgery; I was admitted late afternoon, released the following morning, with an invoice for 130,000 USD to settle. I could not believe it. I thought there was one zero too many, but no!

This is not human dimension!

1 hour ago, p6x said:

It's free...

I just need your address!

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 7.13.49 PM.png

• Haha 1

All patches have been dispatched, minus Randy, for whom I am still waiting for an address.

The three overseas shipping takes 6 to 10 days according to USPS. Also, as strange as it may seem, the tracking is restricted to US IPs, and only till the shipment is on US soil.

At present, Tomchri's package has flown from Chicago. I am monitoring progress on NZ and Germany.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2024 at 6:35 PM, p6x said:

On that sorry note, it is just out of this world that one needs to settle this kind of bill on health principle...

I have had a taste of many medical systems worldwide, and made a hard landing when I needed a small emergency surgery; I was admitted late afternoon, released the following morning, with an invoice for 130,000 USD to settle. I could not believe it. I thought there was one zero too many, but no!

This is not human dimension!

To shepherd a drug from concept through a 20% chance of final approval, it costs drug companies 5+ years and 2-5 billion dollars. Without investors, we would have only about 25% of the drugs we have now. IOW, I would be long gone.  Necassary evil or double-edged sword? Or both?

Fortunately, yesterday I signed up for an insurance plan that will cut me down to $3K/year out of pocket. A $175,000 SAVINGS!

• Like 3

@po18guy

We can't really use this forum as a tribune for opinions, but I take the Insulin as an example of what is wrong today.

I will just say that in 2024, the average cost of Insulin in the USA is about 100 USD, which makes it the most expensive in the world.

In Europe, for the same Insulin, you pay about 9 USD.

I know I am going to sound lame, I understand that pharmaceutical companies exist because they make profits. But I was born in the land of Pasteur, whose work was mainly driven by trying to do good. I am sure he would be called a "woke" today.

As I have been working in many different countries around the world, I got to try and compare many medical services and compare the cost of drugs.

For example, in Africa, drugs are also sold piecemeal by street vendors. So those who have no money can purchase one tablet of a medicine, without any certainty of origin. Lots of counterfeit medicine there. When I was working there, you had locals asking you if you could bring them products so they could resell them to survive. Ranging from newspapers that you used to get for free in the planes, to clothes, hygiene products and whatever in between.

Back to the V11 Le Mans patches....

On 5/4/2024 at 7:11 AM, p6x said:

@po18guy

We can't really use this forum as a tribune for opinions, but I take the Insulin as an example of what is wrong today.

I will just say that in 2024, the average cost of Insulin in the USA is about 100 USD, which makes it the most expensive in the world.

In Europe, for the same Insulin, you pay about 9 USD.

I know I am going to sound lame, I understand that pharmaceutical companies exist because they make profits. But I was born in the land of Pasteur, whose work was mainly driven by trying to do good. I am sure he would be called a "woke" today.

As I have been working in many different countries around the world, I got to try and compare many medical services and compare the cost of drugs.

For example, in Africa, drugs are also sold piecemeal by street vendors. So those who have no money can purchase one tablet of a medicine, without any certainty of origin. Lots of counterfeit medicine there. When I was working there, you had locals asking you if you could bring them products so they could resell them to survive. Ranging from newspapers that you used to get for free in the planes, to clothes, hygiene products and whatever in between.

Back to the V11 Le Mans patches....

My hematologist explained to me that the USA subsidizes most drugs for the test of the world. We also develop the most drugs. My new "Crusty Senior" medical plan limits insulin to $35 copay. I use about one pen yearly.

Celgene corporation comped me $1 million+ in an experimental drug and paid for all scanning and other trial costs, during a clinical trial and long term study of a then-experimental drug. So, I am ambivalent about the entire situation. However, when I see the federal billions in waste that "might" be used for retiree health care, I need something stronger than Tylenol...

PATCHES! Now to find a new jacket to sew them on!