I'd just like to say.........

WHY oh WHY?  ..I don't think  "testicles" will work..they couldn't have had any...:huh2:

• Like 1

I wish the MGS-01 body kit was still available.

The wee rear fender has a nice, flowing shape to it, but . . .

"That is all." ^_^

I have no problem with it, in fact I encourage it. OEM is by default, a dime a dozen. If someone wants to be creative, why not? It's built for their own preference. Some people follow stick and ball sports when they could follow MotoGP, I'll never understand it, but to each, his own.

• Like 7

Anyone want to unpack why it’s ugly and stupid because it is both. Part of that is poor, cheap engineering of the platform. The thing is that those faults are exacerbated by the styling changes, not hidden or improved. 

• Like 1

Seen a lot worse!!

I'm left wondering if what I've done to my bikes over the years would invoke the wrath of Pete?

• Haha 2

It doesn't offend me visually, but I really don't understand the waste of time instead of riding it. They've put the Honda-esque motor on full display, though, wuff. 

I'd rather see someone F**k up a new bike than a rare classic, though.

• Like 5

On 5/17/2024 at 7:43 PM, pete roper said:

Anyone want to unpack why it’s ugly and stupid because it is both. Part of that is poor, cheap engineering of the platform. The thing is that those faults are exacerbated by the styling changes, not hidden or improved. 

What, specifically, is poor or cheap about the engineering? Serious question, as I've only seen them in the showroom. The uncovered cylinder looks like the child of the Tin Man and Pinocchio, for sure, but that's visual. Have there been any shortcomings revealed by warranty?

• Like 1

No, from what I've heard the build quality has been pretty good but as with so many models before the bean counters were obviously allowed too much input and the ship has been spoilt for a ha'porth of tar. That leads to the issue of, especially with these sort of truncated designs as the Swiss thing above. I'll expand on this in a bit if you like but my beef is with everything behind the gearbox/swingarm spindle.

• Like 3

I quite like the aestechics of the engine, the radiator and the collector on the exhaust are a bit ugly but what new model motorcycle isn't and it's a better effort than most.

I do agree though it's a bit odd, old school top and newer tech bottom and all that polished alloy is way too blingy for me. The Honda styled seat unit....not offensive, but not to my personal taste either

Magni has been doing similar, his designs are not so offensive (at least to my eyes) but I still find the new engines in older style clothes a bit odd

magni-mv-agusta-750S-10.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, pete roper said:

No, from what I've heard the build quality has been pretty good but as with so many models before the bean counters were obviously allowed too much input and the ship has been spoilt for a ha'porth of tar. That leads to the issue of, especially with these sort of truncated designs as the Swiss thing above. I'll expand on this in a bit if you like but my beef is with everything behind the gearbox/swingarm spindle.

Beta Testing of the new generation Moto Guzzi has begun! :luigi:  :mg:   :sun:

• Haha 1