Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Hello:

I am now a proud owner of my first Guzzi, an '02 Scura.

Been riding for many years, been through BMWs, Hondas, Harleys, and one Ducati. (Still own a BMW GSA for touring and all-weather riding.)

I guess do have a thing for air-cooled twins.

This is a fantastic site. In fact, I found my bike here in the Classifieds.

Happy New Year!

(And yes, I was able to go for a ride today here in the North East. Got up to 51 degrees F!)

GuzziA.jpg

• 2 months later...

I purchased my first Moto Guzzi a couple of weeks ago. It is a 2004 V11 Cafe Sport. For me it it somewhat unusual in the fact that it has a pretty standard seating position. All my other rides have clip ons.

I have been riding for almost 35 years and have always leaned towards sport bikes.However, these new modern sport bikes are for the most part so much more bike that any rider can use safely on the street I find myself looking more and more towards air cooled bikes.

I do love the power plant of most twin motors and so far I am enjoying my Guzzi.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just joined the forum - I've only recently bought a 2008 Norge and find it great for touring two up with my wife.

I live in the UK and would like some advice please.

I've got the Guzzi bug - it feels like the perfect motorcycle for me - plenty of torque and character.

I'm considering buying a 2003 V11 Sports with20,000 miles on it.

I would just use this for relatively fine weather riding solo.

I would appreciate any opinions - I'm going to book a test ride tomorrow - the only issue for me might be the position on the bike, the Norge is very comfortable , but I'd probably only ride the V11 for two hour rides at max.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards

Denis

I'm considering buying a 2003 V11 Sports with20,000 miles on it.

I would just use this for relatively fine weather riding solo.

I would appreciate any opinions - I'm going to book a test ride tomorrow - the only issue for me might be the position on the bike, the Norge is very comfortable , but I'd probably only ride the V11 for two hour rides

two hours isn't nearly enough. :)

Seriously though, the V11 Sport is one of the most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden. It's just so nicely proportioned.

(a fellow UK rider, if you ever want to compare notes.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

This is my first post, even though I have now been the owner of a 2002 V11 Scura for a whole two weeks and three days. I love the bike, and think it's a great combination of a sporty riding position and v-twin muscle. This is not only my first Guzzi, but also my first (running) motorcycle. I'm in my late thirties, and had ridden friends' bikes some in college but then got distracted and didn't get around to taking the MSF Safety Course and getting my license until two summers ago. My wife has since given up on my almost-continous shopping trying to find the right bike, but I was finally able to pull the trigger and I'm happy I did so.

This forum seems full of great information, and helped to make me feel confident that the Guzzi was the right balance of uniqueness, durability, and serviceability. I've already had to reseat the speedometer angle drive once because it popped out, but any reservations I had about buying this bike disappear when I hit about 5000 RPM.

Welcome! Post a photo of your ride.

My Scura is the first MG I've owned, and I gotta say, I love this bike. Much more of a comfortable ride than the Ducati I previously owned, and it has plenty of go for my level of riding. And it is definitely unique. Not many around.

Hello,

This is my first post, even though I have now been the owner of a 2002 V11 Scura for a whole two weeks and three days. I love the bike, and think it's a great combination of a sporty riding position and v-twin muscle. This is not only my first Guzzi, but also my first (running) motorcycle. I'm in my late thirties, and had ridden friends' bikes some in college but then got distracted and didn't get around to taking the MSF Safety Course and getting my license until two summers ago. My wife has since given up on my almost-continous shopping trying to find the right bike, but I was finally able to pull the trigger and I'm happy I did so.

This forum seems full of great information, and helped to make me feel confident that the Guzzi was the right balance of uniqueness, durability, and serviceability. I've already had to reseat the speedometer angle drive once because it popped out, but any reservations I had about buying this bike disappear when I hit about 5000 RPM.

Welcome! Post a photo of your ride.

I would, but the only picture I have of the Scura is of it tied down on the trailer, which doesn't seem like a fair first impression. If it stops raining here, I'll get some more appropriate photos taken.

Hello all.

I thought I'd best introduce myself.

I currently ride a Triumph Daytona 955i and I'm looking to replace it with a V11 of some sorts. Preferably one with high bars and sparkly suspension parts.

I live in the biking mecca of North Wales so no doubt I'll see one or two of you riding around.

Well since Jaap is doing such a great job keeping this site going I thought the least I could do is take a little time to do this intro. I think I’ve been on this forum before back about 04 when I had a V11 LeMans. Anyway I’m a few months shy of 70. Still like my sport touring bikes although I do most of my long trips on my Scarabeo 500 scooter. I’ve had quite a few bikes, mostly Italian, More Ducatis than Guzzi’s. I’ve has Sp1000, V50, Breva 1100 and 02 LeMans. Now I have a Rossa Mandello along with my Moto Morini Camel and my Scarabeo500. My Rosso has Guzzi Ti exhaust and ECU, heated grips, Sargent seat and some other mods. I don’t have any immediate changes planned for it other than to do something about that rear hugger. I’m not a putter, I still like to do some canyon carving. I used to do some track days but wrecked one of my Ducatis At Summit Point in 02 and my wife said “no more racing without a rollcage around you”. My wife and I took my Piaggio X9500 across the USA e few years ago out to the Pacific coast hiway, 7006 miles from door to door.

I used to race SCCA for about 20 years but I don’t have much interest in cars anymore. However I do have a new Fiat 500 Abarth arriving in a couple of weeks. That’s because it’s 50th anniversary car for me. 50 years ago I brought my first new car. The first Mini Cooper imported into Germany (Iwas in the Army over there then) So this will be my last new car and I wanted it to be a fun car like the first one.

Physically I’m pretty healthy for an old man although too fat and/or too short 5’8” 200lb. I’m a 2 time Cancer survivor. Took a kidney 12 years ago and a lung 2 years ago but I still ride bicycle every other day at least 10 miles in this hilly area.

Other interests are being a Christ follower, my wife of 23 years and music, anything but rap. Well now you know probably a lot more about me than you ever wanted. Hope to meet some of you guys sometime.

Good to have you..........let us know how the Fiat handles "in the mansion", have fun w/the bike, enjoy every day & we hope to cross paths w/you !

Welcome, glad to have you aboard. Sounds like you've got a handle on things, so enjoy and share your adventures. With pictures, preferably:)