Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Hi all,

All being well I am chnaging my 2007 moto morini 9 1/2 on saturday to a 2000 V11 in black with silver engine and red frame and 14000miles. Seems right and clean and standard except for a carbon fiber front mudgaurd and a givi screen.

Day one will put about 250 miles on the clock so should see what its made of.

Should look good parked up beside my dads 1992 1000S in a few weeks time.

Cheers

mark

• 1 month later...

Well Hello Evan, welcome to V11 Club. Nice looking V11 Sport. That's the first Guzzi where i fell in 'love' with led to me recently buying a V11 Café Sport (after selling my Sport 1100ie).

This is my V11 Café Sport 2004 (haven't posted a picture on the forum yet).

P1000325.jpg

P1000326.jpg

P1000333.jpg

Hey Orson I made it over here thanks for pointing me in the right direction. fooking Guzzi I haven't slept properly since Monday night when I made a deal on this 2003 with 2500km. I have had a picture of a LeMans on the shop wall for a few years now, Saturday if all goes well I pick it up. I will apologize now because I will probably be a pain in the butt, I do most of my own maintenance mainly because there isn't a dealer within 300 miles so I will be asking LOTS of questions. Hopefully it wont take to long to start contributing back to the collective. I have owned several motorcycles over the years (how many years doesn't matter does it?)Currently have only my 990 Adventure in the stable. But have owned FJ's back in the day, V-strom, 1050 Sprint ST, KLR and .....a bunch not so notables. Can't wait to register her in the proper thread. I plan on riding the hell out of it here in British Columbia, Canada Any way been lurking around for a bit now lots of info here. Don't expect me to post again until I am one of the paesano

ride well

David

David where abouts are you in B C? I'm out in the wilds also half way between Prince George and Prince Rupert,have a 2002 leMans,not much riding this year the weathers been crap.

Stu.

guzzi.jpg

Hello all.

Just joined to get some info on this bike I'm going to have a look at a 2001 V11 Rosso Mandello tomorrow see how that go's I still have to sell my bike before I can commit to buying anything so we'll see how it go's

• 2 weeks later...

New guy in Arizona. I purchased a 2004 Ballabio a few weeks ago and I finally got around to taking pictures. Previous Owner named her "Gretchen" and it seems to fit. She has PCIII with M4 CF exhaust and is extraordinarily clean with only 9100 miles. I have noticed the oil pressure light come on a few times under heavy acceleration so bought a Roper Plate off the classifieds over at Wild Guzzi. I need to preventatively replace relays and figure out why the low fuel light and high beam indicators won't work. I started out looking for a Triumph Street Triple, but when I saw this and rode it I had to have it...

I am not so wild about the color and may respray to a blue ('Azurro' has a nice ring to it in place of Ballabio). Has MG ever sold a blue bike?

dscf3443.jpg

dscf3445.jpg

dscf3446.jpg

Just picked up a 2003 LeMans Rosso Corsa yesterday. 18K miles and needs a little cosmetic love but the price was smokin'. It has a PCIII with Ferracci hi-comp pistons and full carbon fiber exhaust. It needs a tune though. It's also been converted to having bars instead of the original clip-ons so a little mote upright riding position.

I've been wanting one of these for over a year now and I've never bought a bike so quickly. This is my first Guzzi. I've only test ridden two others to date - a 1200 Sport and a V11 LeMans that I passed on a year ago. Those got me hankering for one. It's really close, functionally, to my commuter - a BMW R12ST - minus the heated grips and ABS - so likely I'll ride the Guzzi in good weather and the BMW in the bad. Sorry no pic yet.

- Mark

Just picked up a 2003 LeMans Rosso Corsa yesterday. 18K miles and needs a little cosmetic love but the price was smokin'. It has a PCIII with Ferracci hi-comp pistons and full carbon fiber exhaust. It needs a tune though. It's also been converted to having bars instead of the original clip-ons so a little mote upright riding position.

I've been wanting one of these for over a year now and I've never bought a bike so quickly. This is my first Guzzi. I've only test ridden two others to date - a 1200 Sport and a V11 LeMans that I passed on a year ago. Those got me hankering for one. It's really close, functionally, to my commuter - a BMW R12ST - minus the heated grips and ABS - so likely I'll ride the Guzzi in good weather and the BMW in the bad. Sorry no pic yet.

- Mark

Welcome to the forum Mark. Be sure to post some pics of your Rosso on the registry. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum Mark. Be sure to post some pics of your Rosso on the registry. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I've posted pics over in the registry. I also checked air pressure in the tires today as it felt a little odd when I rode it home the other day. Wow! This chassis handles low pressures much better than my 907ie does. Both ends where in the low 20lbs. On my 907ie the front end would be tremendously sluggish and want to dangerously stand up in a corner at that pressure level. This bike didn't seem phased just a little wiggle out of the rear when leaned over. It will be interesting to ride it to work tomorrow at the corrected pressures. :rolleyes: