Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Thanks man! I'm somewhat sure the Rosso Corsa speaks to me more though.... something about it (wish the Nero was less $ though, as the black is the secks).

I don't mind the long wheelbase, I guess what I'd like to know is more on the rake and rear ride heights, and whether these are adjustable. I rarely leave the chassis alone on any bike I own, typically doing triple clamps on most to get the feel I want out of the front end. That being said I doubt I'll do that much to any Guzzi I might own, but I'm currently debating between a Red Frame V11 Sport (silver) for $4k with 2000 miles, and a Rosso Corsa for double that with 4,000 miles. Both are all stock, and I'm sort of debating what direction I would want to take. The full Ohlins in my mind, is worth every penny of the higher asking price.

The '02 and later bikes are 25deg rake. I think (could be wrong) that the red frames are .5 degree steeper. Rear ride height is not adjustable from the factory. If you go after that red frame be sure to check the VIN against the transmission recall notice posted in the fileshare section of this site. Good luck with your search!

I don't mind the long wheelbase, I guess what I'd like to know is more on the rake and rear ride heights, and whether these are adjustable. I rarely leave the chassis alone on any bike I own, typically doing triple clamps on most to get the feel I want out of the front end. That being said I doubt I'll do that much to any Guzzi I might own, but I'm currently debating between a Red Frame V11 Sport (silver) for $4k with 2000 miles, and a Rosso Corsa for double that with 4,000 miles. Both are all stock, and I'm sort of debating what direction I would want to take. The full Ohlins in my mind, is worth every penny of the higher asking price.

Sadly, a clean Nero Corsa is also available locally, but the seller is asking $11,000....

Thanks for the info!

Disclosure!!! I am biased

Personally, I'd get the Rosso if money isn't the limiting factor. I recommend to any askers, "go with the Ohlins". And it has the fairing, which I find very functional without ruining the view in any way. If you don't want it, there is always someone looking for one, and you then offset the Rosso's premium asking price.

I don't believe there was any difference in the Sport vs. LeMans frame set ups, it was the year they lengthend the wheel base that was the "big" change. And I don't recall anyone writing up on this, but I think it was possibly Leo Tamers who offered a steering head bearing and race set that put the '03 and later bikes back to the earlier bikes geometry, ??? Best of both worlds???. I saw it when my Nero was newer to me, and after putting miles on it, decided I didn't need it.

$11,000 sounds like he's telling his wife "it is for sale, really... but this economy, etc" in order to keep it. And I can't blame him, cause once you've got your Nero, all the others are simply beautiful, just not the most beautiful... :grin::notworthy::mg::wub: Enjoy the Hunt, S.H.

at home2.JPG

Yeah... Rosso vs. Nero is a toss up in my mind, I love both, but there's something about the black one.

Sadly, a clean Nero Corsa is also available locally, but the seller is asking $11,000....

Thanks for the info!

Disclosure!!! I am biased

Personally, I'd get the Rosso if money isn't the limiting factor. I recommend to any askers, "go with the Ohlins". And it has the fairing, which I find very functional without ruining the view in any way. If you don't want it, there is always someone looking for one, and you then offset the Rosso's premium asking price.

I don't believe there was any difference in the Sport vs. LeMans frame set ups, it was the year they lengthend the wheel base that was the "big" change. And I don't recall anyone writing up on this, but I think it was possibly Leo Tamers who offered a steering head bearing and race set that put the '03 and later bikes back to the earlier bikes geometry, ??? Best of both worlds???. I saw it when my Nero was newer to me, and after putting miles on it, decided I didn't need it.

$11,000 sounds like he's telling his wife "it is for sale, really... but this economy, etc" in order to keep it. And I can't blame him, cause once you've got your Nero, all the others are simply beautiful, just not the most beautiful... :grin::notworthy::mg::wub: Enjoy the Hunt, S.H.

at home2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Gooood Morning Florence!

Yes, I'm from Florence, Italy. Beautiful roads, great food and home of the best motorbikes in the world... :D

I'm 32 years old, motorbiker with a great love for my V11 LeMans NeroCorsa.

Here is a video I made, since MotoGuzzi didn't. It's short but a good starting point, I think.

Enjoy!

vimeo:

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_jUqcGVqOc

• 2 weeks later...

Just brought home a Scura yesterday. Fun bike so far. Never had a Guzzi, came from the world of /6 BMWs. A few small things to get sorted, but all in all I think this one is going to be a keeper.

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

New to the V11 world, but not to the world of Guzzi's. Bought a 1976 850-T3 three years ago with 78,000 miles on the clock, and a few "little" issues that needed to be fixed. I fixed all of the little issues as they cropped up, and rode it for 12,000 miles before giving it to my father as a birthday present.

I was able to go about 6 months without a Guzzi, before the urge overcame me. Just came home with a well cared for 2003 V11 Sport Naked.

I live out in Montana, where the roads are open, the mountain passes plentiful, and the traffic is non-existent. Looking forward to reading and conversing with y'all.

Thanks!

My (now Dad's) 850 T3:

3651302532_0d8236d1bd_z.jpg

The V11 Sport Naked I just picked up:

5155191255_21f67a4744_z.jpg

...I live out in Montana, where the roads are open, the mountain passes plentiful, and the traffic is non-existent...

:thumbsup: Welcome! Spectacular landscape, lovely T3 & good luck with the V11!!!

KB :sun: (Cymru: where the roads are open, the mountain passes plentiful, and the traffic is non-existent - only on a much smaller scale! :) )

Just brought home a Scura yesterday. Fun bike so far. Never had a Guzzi, came from the world of /6 BMWs. A few small things to get sorted, but all in all I think this one is going to be a keeper.

Welcome to Guzzis! You still run the BMW's?

KB :sun:

• 2 months later...

I suppose I should chime in..

Hi, I'm Chuck, and I'm a Guzziholic. :mg:: Test rode a Guzzi in 98, and haven't looked back. This summer, I picked up Roper's hot rod Scura, and I think it's going to be my favorite motorcycle of all time.. :thumbsup:

hi, ciao, hola to everybody!

been reading the forum for a while and now is time to register and introduce myself ;-)

I'm very sorry abt the username: don't like spaghetti so much and never drink sangria, I misread the fields....the one I thought had choosen was muuuuuch nicer ;-)anyway here we go with spaghetti and sangria I'm italian and live in spain after all!

have an old bmw r800rt and 2 vespas in spain and I'm not going to leave italy next week without a v11......

see u on the road

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm Trev.

I've been lurking here for a while and after much searching the right V11 has found me, so I thought I'd better say hello. I've just bought an 2003 registered 2002 Champagne Le Mans. I'm new to the Guzzi brand, but a big fan of twins generally. I hate that buzzy, revvy thing that you get with IL4s and triples seem to have all the bad bits of IL4s with none of the soul and character of a twin. It was a toss up between the V11 and a 1200 sport, but in the end it's always right to go with the heart, hence the v11. I've always wanted one since I started riding way back in the 70's and now I'm like a school kid again and just experienced my first kiss! This is not ownership, it's a romance :D

My other bike currently is a solid and dependable TDM 900 that I've owned for the last 6 years and is an almost perfect compliment to the Guzzi. I've done a bit of touring in Euroland and have had a few trips to the Nurburgring along with regular rideouts/meets/bbqs with the Carpe TDM boys (www.carpe-tdm.net). We're having a big meet up for the TDMs 20th anniversary over in Masserberg, Germany in June, with over 250 expected for the mega treff. They've booked the whole hotel - all 243 rooms! I've been instructed to take the V11 because "there'll be enough 900s to go round" and my Guzzi is different :)

Nearly forgot to mention, I'm over in the east of England not too far from the most easterly point.

Trev

...It was a toss up between the V11 and a 1200 sport, but in the end it's always right to go with the heart, hence the v11. I've always wanted one since I started riding way back in the 70's and now I'm like a school kid again and just experienced my first kiss! This is not ownership, it's a romance...My other bike currently is a solid and dependable TDM 900...

Welcome Trev. Right decision!

Interesting how you're smitten by V11 - funny thing about old Guzzis! Was it like that with TDM at first?

:drink: KB :sun: