Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Hi
Owned a v11 cafe sport for just over a month now. I'm in Christchurch, New Zealand. Friend. . Also, a guzzi owner, knowing I was bike shopping after having sold my kawasaki zephyr 750, showed me guzzi for sale.. half joking.. then I text back. .I own it! Now teach me how to look after it...I love her.. and once running sweet plan on plenty of long road trips. I have been riding for around 6 years. . Started riding a harley 1100 when living in the usa.. moved to something a little lighter. . Yamaha 650 classic.. then moved back to NZ... bought a cheap old bike after a couple of years. . Honda Ft 400... then the zephyr.. now my guzzi. There's another post about the issues with her. . But hasn't put me off.. Think I'm a guzzi girl for life

2014-07-20 18.50.50.png

Never have seen a "2005" LeMans . . . what's the tenth digit on the VIN?

2003 was the last LeMans same as the Cafe sport, however in NZ they weren regestered till 04-05, clasing them as a 05, but they aint only ONE V11 relised in 05, the mysterios Secra R

Hi

Owned a v11 cafe sport for just over a month now. I'm in Christchurch, New Zealand.A friend. . Also, a guzzi owner, knowing I was bike shopping after having sold my kawasaki zephyr 750, showed me guzzi for sale.. half joking.. then I text back. .I own it!

There's another post about the issues with her. . But hasn't put me off.. Think I'm a guzzi girl for life

I was fully joking LOL 

• Like 1

Never have seen a "2005" LeMans . . . what's the tenth digit on the VIN?

2003 was the last LeMans same as the Cafe sport, however in NZ they weren regestered till 04-05, clasing them as a 05, but they aint only ONE V11 relised in 05, the mysterios Scura R

Even the known VIN on Scura R have all been 2004. So far, no true 2005 V11 have been shown. Still looking, though!

The V11 Le Mans I just bought in the UK was first registered in '05, but the VIN has it as an '04.

Collected it on 15th, just a bit of riding around, exploring, shopping, Italian day at Sammy Miller's Museum, only have 900 miles on it,

Still setting it up & servicing.

Traffic here in the south of England is a bit too much - going to be heading for the far north. I hear they don't have a lot of traffic up there. Still have to organise & streamline the photo process between phone, camera & tablet. It's possible, just convoluted.

Mal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, new guy in BC, Canada. Just picked up my dream bike, an `03 V11 Lemans. I`ve wanted a LeMans or v11 Sport for at least 25 years...finally found the right one. 

I am smitten! This one is magic. The previous owner replaced the fork internals, and added the race exhaust and Power Commander. I can`t believe how well this thing handles on the rough roads around here. All but one of the rest of my bikes are now gathering dust. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

G'day, my name is John and I have a mint 850 Le Mans Mk111 (1983) parked in my garage. It belongs to a friend of mine who lives in Tasmania. he just bought the bike in Britain, and it has been delivered to me. and I am going to arrrange for its registration in Australia. It arrived empty of liquids, including all oil except for the forks, and with no battery.

I have consulted the owners manual and it gives oil specifications for the motor, gearbox and bevel drive. All are Agip oils. I have done a search (for what it was worth) and found no information at all. I know people in forums hate theses questions, but what modern oils do you recommend for these 3 applications and what about a battery.....can you recommend a brand and model number. I will probably get a Yuasa....just need to know a number.

Hope you can help me here.

Cheers

hey man... best oil for a 80's bike... is a 80's oil, quality 20/50, well thats IMHO re batt best see ya local dealer either battary or guzzi parts guy, just got a yuasa of my parts guy 300 but sooner pay that than 150 for a shitter.

G'day, my name is John and I have a mint 850 Le Mans Mk111 (1983) parked in my garage. It belongs to a friend of mine who lives in Tasmania. he just bought the bike in Britain, and it has been delivered to me. and I am going to arrrange for its registration in Australia. It arrived empty of liquids, including all oil except for the forks, and with no battery.

I have consulted the owners manual and it gives oil specifications for the motor, gearbox and bevel drive. All are Agip oils. I have done a search (for what it was worth) and found no information at all. I know people in forums hate theses questions, but what modern oils do you recommend for these 3 applications and what about a battery.....can you recommend a brand and model number. I will probably get a Yuasa....just need to know a number.

Hope you can help me here.

Cheers

Chewie, if you need a local mechanic /source of parts try

http://www.bikeboy.org/

I think the guy who runs jacksonracing leathers is down your way as well, he might be able to advise if there is anyone else around

Good luck with the mk 3 , and if you decide to give her a test run out towards Licola /Dargo / Omeo then bounce me a pm

Thanks for the responses. I have heard of Brad the Bike Boy, but I didn't think of him. I also spoke to the parts guy at A1 motorcycles in Ringwood. He reckons he can help me out with everything I need.

BTW, reading the owners manual is an interesting experience. I think it was translated into English by an an Italian with only a rudimentary knowledge of English. Very funny read.

Greetings and salutations to all,

John (raceboy) from Toronto Canada. I'm 55 yrs  :oldgit: f

Although I've been a V11 owner for 7 or 8 years and on the forum about same, I never picked up on this thread....so better late than never.

I currently own a 2004 Red V11 (twin valve, in case a 4 valve head version still existed). Bought mid 2007. I don't have current pictures to display since the condition of the bike has been somewhat neglected...shame on me...take me out back-o-da-barn and flog me senseless. But that is currently being corrected in time for next year. The Guzzi is on the stand in the shop stripped down and looking for tasteful modifications to be done. I'll get into details else where, I'm always interested and on the lookout for various ideas from the  :mg: Brotherhood on mods.

The reason for the Guzzi neglect is 2 part: First, stone shot from the bike in front of me and into the headlight,...glass & reflector smashed. Second, while hunting around for a replacement headlamp unit in, Piaggio Canada brings in the lil 2009 Aprilia RS125  :thumbsup: so I bought one. Guess what?? The Guzzi stayed parked for the next 4 years. So here we are.

I've riding since 1975. The list of bikes:1973 Yamaha RD350, 1975 Yamaha RD350, Yr?? Honda CB400/4, 1976 Suzuki GS750, 1981 Honda CB750F, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ550, 1987 Kawasaki EX500, 2004 Moto Guzzi V11, 2009 Aprilia RS125, Tigcraft race frame I originally built with KLX650 motor. Now reviving that bike and looking to fit a new motor...maybe an Aprilia 4.5 or 5.5 V-twin.

I started road racing in 1982 locally in Ontario, Canada and select races in the northern States. Then with a few friends put a team together and Raced in WERA and CCS Endurance events mostly when we could for the next 8 yrs. Raced locally til about 1994. Have done many track days recently with the Aprilia. Fun bike to ride very hard and fast even though it is only a 125cc 2T.

But I must say one of the better memories racing was getting passed by Dr John's Guzzi during some of the events we participated together in. Our bike was highly modified 1982 GPZ550 in the GTU class. I rode like a mad man just keep that Guzzi (racing in the GTO class) within ear shot for a few laps until it disappeared and then reappeared for the next lap down pass, which usually happened in the longer races.

Well there it is my meager life in a few lines text.

Hope to chat again soon

Cheers,

RB

• Like 2

BTW, reading the owners manual is an interesting experience. I think it was translated into English by an an Italian with only a rudimentary knowledge of English. Very funny read.

welcome to italy... very soon you will be wanting ya own LOL