Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Greetings all,

Just realized I have Guzzi in my blood.

Sold a Super hawk (one of several bikes I have) the same day I bought my 04 Le Mans. Just ordered switch for front brake. Seems to be a common fail...pretty minor. Maybe I can now also part with my 99 Bell M2 before it shakes something important loose.

Cheers

Welcome. I sometimes miss some of my ex-bikes, but I have never missed my Honda Superhawk 996.  Is that what you had? or was it the 1960s 305 Superhawk? 

I just replaced my front brake switch this week. It came with connectors in a different place than the original one, so I needed to snip those and do some soldering, but it works fine. The new one also seems more durable than the one that failed, so the extra effort was OK by me. Watch out for tiny parts...

Thanks,

Yep, 996. I was impressed by the 996 instant acceleration but little else.

The switch I ordered seemed to be the older type, with the connector tabs along the long side, each tab just outside a screw hole.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I introduce myself.

My name is Federico, I'm italian, I live in Burnaby, BC... I believe somebody in this forum might know me.

By the way, in 2 weeks I will move back home and I will bring with me my 04'  V11 Cafe' Sport recently bought here in BC and my baby, a 1974 Moto Guzzi 850T.

I tried to find them a new owner, but I couldn't give them away, so I decided to bring them with me... the 850T was my company when I moved over, now we are going back home.

I always check info on the forum, sorry if I've been never registered to it before, I'm lazy.

Ciao!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings all-

Just had my offer accepted on an '04 V11 LeMans. I'm stoked! My thanks to the site owner for providing this resource. Now...time to scour this website for info....!!!!

• Like 2

Greetings all-

Just had my offer accepted on an '04 V11 LeMans. I'm stoked! My thanks to the site owner for providing this resource. Now...time to scour this website for info....!!!!

you silly poor bastard ;-)

Fantastic! Can't wait to throw in on getting your LeMans up to speed! :thumbsup::luigi:

Greetings all-

Welcome indeed!  At least by the '04 model year most of the significant issues were sorted.  You'll have to start a thread to tell us a little about its history, is it stock, modified, low/high mileage.....  etc  :thumbsup:

Greetings all-

you silly poor bastard ;-)

My wife mentioned something similar......

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello all!

I've just signed on to this forum because I'm also on the WildGuzzi forum and have read plenty of positive comments there about this group so tops on my list of things to do after buying my 2004 Cafe Sport was to sign on here. I also own a 1978 Le Mans I, but up until a few weeks ago my daily rider was a 2006 Ducati Multistrada. The Multistrada was kind of a bucket list bike for me and after four years it was time to move on. There's a punch line from an old joke about a monkey and a skunk which pretty much sums up my Ducati experience. Without boring (or offending anyone) with the details of the joke, the punchline goes "It wasn't as much as I wanted but it was as much as I could stand". My search for a replacement ride was going no where. I thought I'd buy a new bike (Yamaha FJ09) so I could finally own a bike that I didn't have to work on, but as a retired slacker I couldn't justfy all those clams. the other alternative was something small, light, short and boringly generic and even though I've acheived geezerhood I'm not quite ready for anything remotely scooterlike (and I'll shoot myself before I'd by a cruising bike). So, thanks to the Flying Spaghetti Monster I stumbled on this beautiful Cafe Sport on the LA Craigslist and the rest is history. Already put the lower pegs on BTW.

Cheers!

John

There's a punch line from an old joke about a monkey and a skunk which pretty much sums up my Ducati experience. Without boring (or offending anyone) with the details of the joke, the punchline goes "It wasn't as much as I wanted but it was as much as I could stand". 

Cheers!

John

Welcome - feel free to post the offensive joke here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12226&page=1