Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Hello from Australia.....new to (this) forum.

Owned a Tenni (also have 76 Le Mans) and wan't to return to V11 ownership - one of the corsa versions.

just missed the forum RC for sale......but there is one for sale at Eurosports in PA. USA.

Any thoughts on this one at $7,000?

Won't be a blow-in if I buy in again.

Phil

Hello Aussie... welcome to the V11 forum, now tell me about the V11 Corsa.

I have never seen a Nero Corsa advertised in Oz, did any go there or was it just the Rosso's

I ask cos only one ever came to sheep shagger country, and I got it (was a roumer a used one was imported into Dorkland a few years back but no one's seen it)

Buy me a Grso in 2015 colours and my LeMans will be yours.

... oh yeah you have the very 1st Lemans, I have the very last, be awesome to have both.

My Tenni turned up today. A fair bit rougher round the edges than the photos but what ya gonna do? Haven't opened her up yet but she pulls nicely in the lower revs.

Got home, checked oil, I see what you're all on about with the dipstick dipstick. Really hard to tell where the level is, but seems a little low. At least I am tall and slim enough to stand over her vertically while balancing on flat feet and dipping. Some would say gangly.

Rear UJ doesn't appear to have seen a grease gun this decade.

Some oily mist issued from vaguely forward of the left porkchop when started up and warming up. Yippeekayay, hey, no electrical problems! I'll start a proper thread later.

Thanks "dangerous",

The RC has 10,000 miles and looks good in the 3 photos on the web site of Eurosports USA

Appears to have the Titanium mufflers.

Not many V11's in Oz and probably few RC's. At the time (2002) there were scant dealers...had to pick up the Tenni 200 k's away as no MG dealer for the 4 million people in Sydney!!

A Café Sport is available here but at $15,000 - $20,000 and so the look Overseas for these limited V11's.

Had not considered the 1st and last Le Mans ownership either!

Any help or your review of the photos is appreciated.

Or if someone in US knows or seen this RC at Eurosports

Thanks   ,   Phil

I can see it in their inventory online, but just three photos? Looks clean, but 30 photos would be better to have look from halfway 'round the world, yeah?

Thanks "dangerous",

Not many V11's in Oz and probably few RC's. At the time (2002) there were scant dealers...had to pick up the Tenni 200 k's away as no MG dealer for the 4 million people in Sydney!!

A Café Sport is available here but at $15,000 - $20,000 and so the look Overseas for these limited V11's.

Any help or your review of the photos is appreciated.

Thanks   ,   Phil

the RC was 03 the NC 04

A friend recently brought a Cafe $5000 here, but its cost a bit since

giz a link to the RC add, Ill have a look

• 2 months later...

Hi again

Still on the hunt for a Cafe Sport ....Rosso Corsa

Spoke to an Aussie CS owner (only 3 in Aust...?)

can we import the CS ? Told it was not a V11 model the importer planned to bring in for 2003.

Any others had a go at this? Or any V11? Bt pre 89 bikes in but no post 89 bikes.

RAWS an option?

Help much appreciated.

seventiesphil

Phil, about 6 months ago there was a rossa advertised in Melb. it didn't even last a week! It was the first I'd seen in 3 years.

Are you looking for something to ride or collect? My 03 LM has a wilburs shock + resprung forks, I'll probably be riding up to the ruptured budgie if you want to see how well they handle c/w the tenni . Obviously not as collectable, but she still makes me grin

how come so few v11's went into aussie... 

if ya still looking theres allways several selling on the nz trademe site, cost to ship over the river cant be as bad as from the other side of the world.

just had a look on ya bike point site, 4 there including a balabio which is a cafe with out the fancy gears, also a hard to get scura and rosso mandelo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

Brief update. Bought a café sport in UK.

May retain over there but anyone know the logistics of the RAWS process to bring in a post 1988 bike? Or used a RAWS workshop they can recommend?

Any help before I start the process is much appreciated.

Regards,

seventiesphil

Hello again,

Brief update. Bought a café sport in UK.

May retain over there but anyone know the logistics of the RAWS process to bring in a post 1988 bike? Or used a RAWS workshop they can recommend?

Any help before I start the process is much appreciated.

Regards,

seventiesphil

Did you buy the Cafe Sport from Ebay UK?  looked like a nice one