Show us yer Tontis!

Baldini

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

Doesn't look like a stock "small block" ....

"Stock" maybe, just exraterrestrial. I wonder if there is another motorcycle in the world with that Guzzi motor.

@Chuck would know . . .

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Doesn't look like a stock "small block" ....

In fact, it would take a practiced eye to tell the difference from standard.

The panniers are after-market, and the pipes are visibly non-standard. I didn't notice the difference in the motor at first glance, but since docc pointed out that is "the one" with the drone motor, I can see that is a little higher.

From a distance, it looks very much like a standard Lario. :huh2:

Look here...

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/moto guzzi/moto_guzzi_v65_lario 87.htm

Yes, indeed.

I've also just noticed the red fork gaiters. Very pretty. ;)

Chuck, have you got some more photos of that bike? I read about it somewhere several years ago already, and have been curious ever since. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, audiomick said:

Yes, indeed.

I've also just noticed the red fork gaiters. Very pretty. ;)

Chuck, have you got some more photos of that bike? I read about it somewhere several years ago already, and have been curious ever since. :)

Lucky Phil bad mouthed me for the red gaiters when I built it. :D I told him that great artists aren't understood until they're gone..:oldgit::grin:  Pix, yeah, I have a few. You see one, you've seen em all, though. It's definitely a FrankenGuzzi. The engine is 90% Aero engine with internal mods to the oil system, and a mish mash of V65 and Lario parts. Transmission is from a Baby Breva.

Looked back in my maintenance logs, and first start was 1-31-15. (!) Here's a couple of  pictures of the engine installation.

IMG_20211112_150837343.jpg

IMG_20211112_150904659.jpgYeah, the bags are ugly, but a bike without bags isn't worth much to me. I also have a rack for rallies.  It has been a successful project.. a Lario that I don't have to worry if this is the trip that it blows up on..at night.. in the rain. :rasta:

Suspension is as good as I can make it and remain "stock." Progressive gas shocks on the rear, FAC dampers with Wurth springs in front and a Tarozzi fork brace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

large.769548435_1987LMIVSE.jpgChuck,

I've got fugly bags on my LMIVSE, I don't give a hoot how they look, I always have to have a place to carry my stuff!

Art

• Like 2

1 hour ago, guzziart said:

large.769548435_1987LMIVSE.jpgChuck,

I've got fugly bags on my LMIVSE, I don't give a hoot how they look, I always have to have a place to carry my stuff!

Art

I like the Hepco Becker

• Like 1

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who considers panniers essential. I've already copped some flak for expressing my intention to put Hepco Becker panniers and top case on the V11 Le Mans. I know it is prettier without, but I want the luggage capacity. :)

• Like 1

Happy we all are different. A bike with flotation fenders on the side, and the top box should have been abandoned. We’re talking moving companies here. :rasta:
Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tankbag, and a watertight bag rear seat. Enough gear for a 2 weeks ride.

Yes  IPA time  :bier:

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, guzzigary said:

The line in the sand for me is any top box.

I used to think that, and then I put one on the GTR 1000 (where it is admittedly not such a break in style). I would rather not have to do without that practicality. Besides, my Akubra fits in there.... :whistle:

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

gotta have a tankbag.

Got one. Use it on the V35 Imola regularly (because it has no panniers), but I don't actually really like it. :huh2:

• Like 2

Some of you who decry luggage are either bachelors or wear the same underwear for a week.  :D

I am neither of those, and am happily supervised.  :wub:

Bill

P.S.  The other reality for me is that I am a lousy planner and packer.  :rolleyes:

i-tL6KtHd-L.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, guzzigary said:

I too consider panniers essential on my bikes, and quite liked the HB juniors on my Lemans.

The line in the sand for me is any top box.

Not gonna happen.

:grin:

Guess that rules out a trailer too.

• Haha 5