What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Haha- Scud - Snap! If thats not too cheesy! I got stuck in 4th 15 miles out from home, testing a new fuelling map! Got home ok, and reinstalled the old spring I replaced in a fit of preventive maintenance last winter.

Damn spring only did 1200 miles  :bbblll:

IMG_1230_zpsbz781apk.jpg

I think Chuck is suggesting a step-by-step on the modification with a coil spring - not a how-to on replacing the original spring, which is well-documented. In fact, if someone were so-inclined, they could buy 50 springs and whatever other bits are required and sell us all some upgrade kits for a tidy beer-money profit.   :bier:

True. For instance, I had no idea that 50 people would want the Lucky Phil shifter extender.. 

Apparently, this is a project that *needs* to be done and fix that stupid pawl spring problem once and for all. Does anyone know where to find anything about it? I remember seeing it one time, and thought, "clever.." I'll never need it of course.. Then mine broke, too.

I got a GoPro Session and tried it out.  Here's a very Scura test run.  Hey Chuck - does it sound like it's got a blower in it?  That's the special timing chain tensioner.

Can't get much more Scura than that..  :grin:  "Why do I love thee?? Let me count the ways.."

Sounds bitchin. So, how do you keep the wind noise out of it?

Here's the thread. I found it easily by searching for "shift spring japan"

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19827&hl=

I don't see a "kit" there. Depending on exactly where the holes are drilled (and tapped) will affect spring pressure. It looks to me to be a one off conversion  done by each guy. Easy enough to do, though..

The GoPro Session has two microphones. It uses some fancy technology to isolate and reduce wind-noise. I assume it works sort of like noise-cancelling headphones.

I actually got to ride the bike for once.

We have Two Wheel Tuesday events here, 1st Tuesday is at a vintage collection location. Smaller collection but the quality is ahem, high. This last Tuesday (3rd Tuesday of the month) is at another private collection. Nearly all Japanese and pretty desirable bikes.

Anyways, a few fun bikes showed up.

35342596311_98cdbd56ac_b.jpg

35306109682_c0af2869d6_b.jpg

35342597251_dd224c07d3_b.jpg

35306110012_111cab7070_b.jpg

35306110542_85dc40b6cb_b.jpg

• Like 1

The Norton is a pretty close comparison to the V11. Similar weight, Norton a little less, similar HP, Guzzi ahead here, and similar handling. Norton gets marks for latest Ohlins.

$20k vs $4k...

Another similar bike there was a Kawasaki ZRX1200. Guzzi has it on weight but gives up a little HP. Suspension on the Guzzi is probably better. Prices about the same. Both green!