Barber Vintage Festival 2017

swooshdave

While I won't be able to ride the V11 to Barber this year it would still be cool to meet some folks if you show up. I know it's early but it's also a good opportunity to prod people who haven't been before. Plus the new extension is now open so there is now even more unbelievable bikes to see!

http://www.barbermuseum.org/events/barber-vintage-festival/

33646624563_513fa55ace_b.jpg

33646624933_f74c979447_b.jpg

34415202196_2be7db6eab_b.jpg

So who's going this year?

• Like 1

BTW folks, that one picture is not a shelf full of scale models.

Not only that but that's just part of the wall!

Just to give you an idea the expansion alone was 85,000 sq ft...  :notworthy:

For those of you who have "had it on your list" this is the year to take it off that list and put it in the done pile...  :grin:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is coming up really soon. We'll be booking flights very soon. We should arrive Thursday night, swap meet on Friday, racing and museum on Saturday and packing up and leaving on Sunday.

Is anyone going and do you want to have a meet up? Anyone taking their V11?

• 2 weeks later...

Plane tickets secured!

There's an AccessNorton.com meet up at the Motorcycle Classics show on Saturday (not far from the ginormous Triumph tent).

37076558762_aab87f65f0_b.jpg

These are still not on my ride but there's still two weeks!

So no one else is going?

I bailed last year on the VinFest after going ten years. Mostly because eldest son married the following weekend, but also struggling with reasonable accommodations.

Ace Corner is a fabulous spot and worth the extra few bucks to see the cafe bikes and that crowd and watch/ hear the racing from that infield hill at the last two corners before the finish straight.

I bailed last year on the VinFest after going ten years. Mostly because eldest son married the following weekend, but also struggling with reasonable accommodations.

Ace Corner is a fabulous spot and worth the extra few bucks to see the cafe bikes and that crowd and watch/ hear the racing from that infield hill at the last two corners before the finish straight.

I'll share my secret spot that I got from the Ducati guys.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/alabama/hampton-inn-birmingham-colonnade-280-BHMCOHX/index.html

This is an awesome location (there will be a lot of bikers there) as the back roads to the park are quite lovely and there's no traffic. Plus you come into the park from the opposite side as everyone else. In you go.

We stayed there two years ago. Last year we had an RV spot and staying at the park is obviously the best option if you can.

• Like 1

Long range forecast was making me nervous. Still looks like rain on Thursday and Friday but not much. Saturday looks great.

Has anyone been following Craig Rodsmith's V9 build? It'll be at Barber.

This guy is hilarious, although you don't want to have the volume up at work.