What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

26 minutes ago, audiomick said:

@docc in that video that Kindoy2 posted, is that a Fender bass or not? It doesn't look like it to me, but I'm not sure.

And...

I listened to the whole thing again on the headphones. The drum kit also sounds really, really good.

The Hammond too, of course, but one doesn't need to mention that, actually. They always sound good. B)

The bass looks Fender Precision, but "Custom Shop". Too many special features to be even Professional or Performer series . . .

• Thanks 1

Another one from "my time" in Melbourne. I worked as the house technician in a pub called "the Tote" for about two years in the late 80's. This band was big in Melbourne at the time. Watch the video, and you'll know why. The singer was Chris Wilson, unfortunately passed away in 2019. The blond woman on Guitar is Barb Waters. Brilliant performers. The rest of the band as well.

• Like 1

A kind of a protest band from Melbourne in the late '80s. I believe one of them was a fellow music student at the uni I was at.

Figure it out for yourself. I never did... :grin:

EDIT: PS: they always wore masks on stage. No-one really knew what they looked like. All part of the gag.

On 12/24/2023 at 11:33 PM, ScuRoo said:

Merry Christmas blues you V11’s

I thought I was done with "Christmas music", but this is fabulous, @ScuRoo!

Not sure who these guys are, but livin' the dream . . .

Last time we were  in Venice ( Italy) My wife and I ran into Billy Gibbons and his wife twice one evening..Just wandering around on the back streets and canals

• Like 3

Looking through this thread and there is a lot of dead links so I apologize if this gentleman has been submitted before. Just thought the purpose of the thread was to expose people to different artists. It's not rock

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just introduced to Hawaiian slack key guitar and this artist, Makana. His guitar made me think of Willie Nelson's "Trigger" growing its own secondary sound hole . . .

GettyImages-162227418.jpg?w=1200%26h=0%2

• Like 1
1 hour ago, docc said:

...Hawaiian slack key guitar and this artist, Makana. ..

Very nice. I like open tunings a lot. :)

And Willie Nelsons guitar, yes, it has "character". :whistle:

• Haha 1

A couple of notable open tune faves of mine.:oldgit:                                                              

Stills used DADGAD I think that was referred to as Celtic tuning.

can't recall what Jimmy used.

Joni Mitchell had hand problems from Polio and used pure open tuning to make easy bar chords. Ritchie Havens was another.

One of the real greats is Leo Kottke. He was all over the place. Different song, different tuning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1