What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

I had a couple of pistons in my front calipers that were sticking, so I bought 2 seal kits. I popped out the pistons, cleaned everything, installed the new seals and added speed bleeders. This should take care of the problem I was having with rotors warping. I can also brake with 1 finger now.

A funny little side story: I went to AutoZone by my house looking for new crush washers. I brought them in with me, told the kid I needed some new crush washers for a set of brake calipers, and he searched the computer for brush washers instead. Only cleaning brushes came up in his search, so he showed me the pics and asked which one I needed. I pointed at my crush washers and said whichever one looks like this. I again stated that they're called crush washers, so he did another search for brush washers. I politely thanked him for his time and just went to NAPA. The parts guy there chuckled when I told him that story.

Ken

Forgive me I forgot the members name but he directed me to a 3d Printing site for the Moto Guzzi Emblems in different colors and materials. Ill need to order a few off him him and his 3d site.  Likely in a Gunmetal grey to provide some contrast. Next on the List is Paint the Jugs, and Repaint the PorkChops.  

sp838  ?

Thats the one yes, thank you. 

Knumbnutz, As much as I want to use fork mounted brackets for the headlight........ Being the, "Purist" that I am..........I might just completely relocate the oil cooler right up front on the forks and incorporate a headlight with something like a light bar assembly on either side.  :P: http://www.kchilites.com/light-type/led/flex-led/flex-led-10-array-spot-add-on-50w-ea.html

Maybe one bar on each side? Excessive? PROBABLY. I could easily find two smaller round lights and and build a old school retro number plate like from an old motocross bike and use that as a trip for the lights and the Oil cooler. 

I am a little disappointed in the Powder coat on the pegs, Its already starting to wear hater 3 days work of riding, I guess I expected it to last longer? Scud, if your reading this, how are your coated pegs doing? 

Cheers! 

Excessive? PROBABLY. 

I am a little disappointed in the Powder coat on the pegs, Its already starting to wear hater 3 days work of riding, I guess I expected it to last longer? Scud, if your reading this, how are your coated pegs doing? 

Excessive? Who cares? Have at it and keep the stock parts on hand.

The powdercoated rider pegs on my LeMans are holding up fine, but I probably haven't put more than a thousand miles on them. I also did the passenger pegs, but they rarely get used. The LeMans is giving me fits... finally fixed the oil pressure problem a while back, discovered a slipping clutch on the very next ride. Replaced clutch, new head gaskets and o-rings (due to leak), and installed Roper Plate at same time... found a bad oil leak on the next ride... hoping to deliver the knock-out punch to the oil leak today... Then I'm going to make her pay for all this trouble.  :bbblll:

I was unsure about coating the pegs at first, but when I had some excess coating on a few other parts I found it very difficult to remove. I had to get after it with hand files and grinding stones/wire brushes on a Dremel. The stuff if really tough (which made me think coating the rider pegs would be OK). I would swing by your shop and show them the pegs. Maybe they applied too fine a coat.

Just start a topic in 24/7 V11.

We've had a few project-bike threads and I tried collecting them here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18962

Some forums have a dedicated project section for people who want to document a project and get advice along the way.

I've seen some of your other completed projects and would enjoy tagging along as you do a V11.

I love the new build thread:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19538&p=211952

Just back from a fine, fun, fabulous V11 romp. A really proper "sport-tour." (Ride-check), which pre-stages my 100,000 mile check-up.

Josh was kind to guide me to head re-torque and O-rings. Figure I'll service the fork oils and go all in for replacement clocks . . .

Did a full tune up--valves, spark plugs, TPS, TBS. Everything was pretty close to where'd I'd last set it. 

There's nothing like a freshly tuned bike. 

• Like 2

Julie-PICTURES, PICTURES AND MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I addressed my TDC sensor oil leak/weep. The o-ring was very hard and stiff; it had probably never been renewed in the bike's 16 years. I added a touch of sealant around the wire as well.

After a short ride there was no evidence of a continued leak. Here's hoping it will stay that way.