What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

2 minutes ago, al_roethlisberger said:

I need to get one of these one day... B)

I did my first oil change on my K bike and it was really nice. I'm looking for a restoration candidate right now so I'm hoping to use the hell out of it. 

8 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

I need to get one of these one day... B)

Yes, good to have. There is one in the garage I am in, but my garage "roommate" Ben generally has one of his bikes on it. I barely get a chance to use it.

Ok, Ben did buy the lift, but still....  :whistle::grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Getting down to the nitty gritty...easy access now for uni and bleeding clutch. I'll replace this front uni also. I can't imagine this thing being greased much over the years. Plus it just doesnt feel as smooth as it should be.

large.20230409_171955.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, activpop said:

. I'll replace this front uni also. I can't imagine this thing being greased much over the years. Plus it just doesnt feel as smooth as it should be.

That seems very sensible to me. I don't know how much a replacement costs, but it is certainly a lot less than repairing the carnage that can result from that joint breaking. Not to mention life and limb...

Don’t you have to buy the whole drive shaft with both joints?

speaking of bleeding the clutch. I noticed on my CARC bike there is a braided hose from the bleed nipple up under the saddle for easy bleeding. Seems like it could be an easy add to the Spine frames?

1 hour ago, activpop said:

Getting down to the nitty gritty...easy access now for uni and bleeding clutch. I'll replace this front uni also. I can't imagine this thing being greased much over the years. Plus it just doesnt feel as smooth as it should be.

large.20230409_171955.jpg

@activpop, Where is the main ground cable that should be attached to the back of the gearbox?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, docc said:

@activpop, Where is the main ground cable that should be attached to the back of the gearbox?

It's in the shadow above the uni sleeve. It's there, but I havent checked its snugness yet, but will. It will get some deoxit treatment too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Don’t you have to buy the whole drive shaft with both joints?

speaking of bleeding the clutch. I noticed on my CARC bike there is a braided hose from the bleed nipple up under the saddle for easy bleeding. Seems like it could be an easy add to the Spine frames?

Scud did an excellent write up on it,I thought I filed it away safely,but I can't find the file or the original link,but this is his post on compatible parts.

I'm not as smooth as Docc on this stuff,hopefully the link works right for you

It's on my to do list at some point when a parts order is going in;it makes so much sense.

Tks Scud for doing the leg work trying to make bleeding that clutch an easier job,,,it's a biatch.:homer:

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 2

Getting back to this:

On 4/9/2023 at 10:54 PM, audiomick said:

Someone in the German forum has already indicated that he might have a switch lying around.

The switch arrived today. The bloke that sent it still hasn't informed me how I can get the money to him. :huh2:

€20,- seems to be a pretty fair price to me. :)

Anyway, with a bit of luck I should be able to get in to the garage tomorrow and install the switch. I'll be having a look inside, of course. At the very least clean and grease (I've got a hold of some Caigs grease, so I'll be trying that...). Depending on how the insides of the "new" switch look, it might be a case of "mix and match" with bits out of the old one.

Report on progress probably in about 24 hours. ;)

• Like 2

Took my '03 Le Mans for a long spirited ride with my buddy and his '06 Ducati Supersport (yesterday). Still have a smile on my face.97f7a49d279ecd529de4a2d0df4d187e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• Like 9

21 hours ago, audiomick said:

Report on progress probably in about 24 hours.

The replacement switch is in. All the lights work, and the motor started, so I think it is right for the time being.

Unfortunately I damaged it a little taking it apart to clean and re-grease. I think it is stable, but I will be looking for one of the "alternatives" from an Aprillia scooter or whatever to change out the casing at some point.

I also managed to stick a screwdriver into my finger. Nothing at all serious, but within the first ten minutes in the garage, and whilst I was actually thinking "be careful what you are doing with that". :homer:

The other project of the day was to change the clutch cable on the V35 Imola. Turns out that is not done quickly. I had forgotten, but got reminded, that the battery holder plate has to come out. The gap between it and the back of the gearbox isn't big enough to get the knob on the end of the cable through. Back in to the garage tomorrow to do that. :luigi: