What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Yep, that's it mate!

Apparently, it's $90K's (Oz) worth....

The specs and engineering are incredible but sounds like the reality is a little different...Oh dear.

Cheers

Ps it did sound good WHEN it fired and kinda think with a weight of 150 something kilos plus can spec anything up to a blown 1098 Duc motor it would go like a dog shot in the satsuma's!!

Not sure what the spec on this one was but bet it would scare the bejeezuz outa most of us.......

• 2 weeks later...

Recipe for ruining handling on a 99 V11. Pay a big chunk and widening rear rim to 6inch, 180/55. Now 170/60, just a tiny test yesterday with no curbs, but yes please. Next summer, glad l got a M better feeling with the bike. Meaning more km before desicion about the front with different rake. My other Greenie, just fun, how brave do you feel today.
Cheers Tom. a5a28d56b0468eb1f5d504c32937554a.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well Fri. night when I got home from work , I put the chargr on the black frame , got up Saturday morning and pushed it out of the shop , then over to the water hose . Washed off two years of dust and  then cranked for about 45 seconds before it started.  Cleaned it up pretty good and decided to go down the road . OMG , this bike had head shake immediately off idle . I thought the steering head had rusted in place . After about 30 nins of inspection I realized the front tire belts had broken down . The best test method is to out on a brown Jersey glove and lightly rub the tire surface . This glove amplifies the problems and you can feel any imperfections with the tire problem(s) . New tire on order and will be here Friday ! Just in time gor the weather to dtop into the 30s !

FWIW , it has been two years .

• Like 5

Ouch, 2 yrs!  I’ve been feeling bad about only getting Red out on the road this summer for a handful of rides, my “least riding miles” year I’ve ever had.  

Came back from Mandello last week, where I rented a V85tt from Agostini’s (Lucca… good man), and had a great time on the back roads up behind Perledo, into Esino and back in that area.  Motivated me to roll Red back out when i got home, re-installed the FOBO tire pressure monitors, put some fuel stabilizer in in anticipation of winter storage, and took her out for a lovely spin on our own great backroads near home.  She’s sweet.  Will assemble the misc items for her winter maintenance coming up in a couple months, albeit with only about 1000 miles put on her this year. 

Greenie still languishes on the stand.  And scheming how to unload Greenie and Goldie to make room for a V85 or V100…

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Ouch, 2 yrs!  I’ve been feeling bad about only getting Red out on the road this summer for a handful of rides, my “least riding miles” year I’ve ever had. 

I put mine in the garage to have a "quick look" at a couple of things in July. It's still there. Not all that much to do before I can take it for a ride with a good conscience., but still: Summer? What summer? :huh2:

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got back to working on greenie, after waaayyy too long of letting it sit on the rack.  Finished valves (well, just confirmed they were adjusted, as it appears I did them earlier and forgot).  Valve covers and valpolinis back on, awaiting new head protectors.

cleaning up one small area of rust where the PO bad storage season caused the rust. Re-assembling Speedo.

next gotta go back and figure out what to do with that air sensor that’s floating (taped into an empty water bottle, from PO).  I think docc or someone told me way back of a good place to affix that (it came with pods, so no air box).  And then decide whether to tidy up the existing turn signals (1 bad housing, 1 bad bulb, one bent stem), or upgrade.  Trick there is to find that will nicely fit the existing mount setup….
Will an ‘03 turn signal fit on a 99 sport mount?  Looks the same (and still halogen).

• Like 1

Too chilly to ride, busy with work and "other things" but found time to re-hang my treasured "ROCK'N'RUN " promo banner that my dealer gifted me. A "household incident" had torn it down, much to my chagrin.

Better, now!

IMG_3812.jpg

ROCK'N'RUN, y'all!

:race::drink:

IMG_1343.jpg

• Like 2

Well hold on here docc…

First, is that an MC mic in the foreground?

And what’s the rock n run story (a different thread somewhere?).

And can u remind me where you proposed I put that air sensor from the sport, that on my greenie was taped to an empty water bottle under the tank?😎 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

Well hold on here docc…

First, is that an MC mic in the foreground?

And what’s the rock n run story (a different thread somewhere?).

And can u remind me where you proposed I put that air sensor from the sport, that on my greenie was taped to an empty water bottle under the tank?😎 

Haha, well, that is a "reintroduced" Shure SM55 microphone. She reminds me of mySport in "many ways." :wub:

DSCN4616.jpg

The "ROCK'N"RUN" banners/placards were supplied to the dealers with the introduction of the V11 Sport. Truth be known, the dealers probably had to pay for them in order to stock the new model. :rolleyes:

As far as the ambient temperature sensor, @Gmc28, I don't recall my advice from the past, but enclose it protected from the weather (a canister or encasement of sorts) and secure it along the spine frame where it will find the ambient temperature, incoming to the intakes . . .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Someone with the same name as you asked that question in 2021. :D

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/23134-v11-breather-tubes/page/2/#elControls_267496_menu

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2