Help me find a green bike

swooshdave

All this Greenie Attitude is getting so thick and sticky  . . . like hot zydeco on a sweaty bayou. :whistle:

Next thing you know the avatar photo changes and it's all down hill from there!

Of course the only people who complain about the Greenie attitude are the ones who wish they had one.  :ninja:

• Like 1

Seriously? A LeMans pops up in Olympia the day I get home? Are you kidding me?  :homer:

I wouldn't sweat the difference between the naked and LeMans.

I think the bars and pegs are the same.  I don't think clip-ons are much different than the handlebar versions either.  The difference is the fairing but a flyscreen on the naked is pretty effective- I rode mine from OKC to North Carolina and several trips to Austin and Springfield Ill.  Air blast was never a problem. The only thing that catches me are my hammies and my knees riding all jockeyed-up.  On the other hand, that works perfect in the twisties.

The biggest difference is the red frame vs later frames.  

I never heard what you think about the handling, feel, and control of the bike?  That's what I think is the best part.  (Perhaps better with the red frames.)

Seriously? A LeMans pops up in Olympia the day I get home? Are you kidding me?  :homer:

I wouldn't sweat the difference between the naked and LeMans.

I think the bars and pegs are the same.  I don't think clip-ons are much different than the handlebar versions either.  The difference is the fairing but a flyscreen on the naked is pretty effective- I rode mine from OKC to North Carolina and several trips to Austin and Springfield Ill.  Air blast was never a problem. The only thing that catches me are my hammies and my knees riding all jockeyed-up.  On the other hand, that works perfect in the twisties.

The biggest difference is the red frame vs later frames.  

I never heard what you think about the handling, feel, and control of the bike?  That's what I think is the best part.  (Perhaps better with the red frames.)

Yeah, while the basics are the same this LeMans is fully kitted for long distance touring. High bars and lower pegs. But to be honest I rarely have time to get that far from the house. Plus it has 3 times as many miles on it.

Handling: The last time I was on a sport bike was a brand new FZR400 in what, 1989? So all I have to compare it to is vintage stuff. So even after 800 miles it's hard to say. It really handles well, but I'm not the best rider. At times it felt really slow steering, and that could just be my poor technique. The power was addicting.  :grin:

Now that it's home I'll get some really play time on it and let you know.

FZR400 - I rode one of those a few times. Amazing handling... but a shade lighter than a V11. I like the tires a bit firmer than recommended - about 35 PSI front and 40 rear.

Your trip looks like a good time. The Bigfoot stuff was funny - and the Oregon coast... wow. And most road trips in California can be enhanced by a stop and In-N-Out Burger.  :food:

All this Greenie Attitude is getting so thick and sticky  . . . like hot zydeco on a sweaty bayou. :whistle:

Next thing you know the avatar photo changes and it's all down hill from there!

Of course the only people who complain about the Greenie attitude are the ones who wish they had one.  :ninja:

Nice avatar swap. Workin in the TRex would have been an alternate choice... :)  

Re: this whole thread..... all bikes are adventure bikes :thumbsup:

Well look at it this way Dave, if you'd bought the bike in Olympia you never would have been able to visit Beautiful Exotic East Richmond Heights! :grin:

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 1:39 PM, Jazzamoto said:

On 4/16/2017 at 4:48 AM, swooshdave said:

Seriously? A LeMans pops up in Olympia the day I get home? Are you kidding me? :homer:

Well look at it this way Dave, if you'd bought the bike in Olympia you never would have been able to visit Beautiful Exotic East Richmond Heights! :grin:

With a beautiful view of the Bay!

Any adventure is made better by the people you meet. At the hotel there were two Canadians checking in when I got there. They were on BMWs. One of them had a Norge at home. They may have been drooling on the Guzzi. They weren't too pleased when I saw them in the morning and I told them what I paid for it.

iT3xeLe.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there ain't a motorcycle as purdie as the greenie.  

that's a fact, jack.

they ride as good as they look. ( provided I ever get mine back together)

• Like 1

They weren't too pleased when I saw them in the morning and I told them what I paid for it. 

Right - because that's how much they paid for sales tax and saddlebags when they bought their BMWs.

They weren't too pleased when I saw them in the morning and I told them what I paid for it. 

Right - because that's how much they paid for sales tax and saddlebags when they bought their BMWs.

:grin:

Nice to hear that you and the Greeny made it with out problems, by know you have a big tale to the grand kids when times comes,

Good pictures by the way I always said to my self "why you did not took more pics" because at the end they are a great memory support  :grin: .

Congratulation for the new addition to your stable