Forum V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change as you see fit -

p6x

V11LeMans sew on Patch - Rate the design - Suggest a change -  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Design

• Acceptable as is
    • Amendment suggested
    • Circular
    • Shield

So before the year ends, I finally got back to it with an original design; the computer I am using is more than ten years old, and not running the latest OP. I had some issues.

There are some final adjustments I need to do. Moto Guzzi is written using alleged Moto Guzzi fonts, which I found on the Internet.

The V11 fonts are not the same, but that is an easy fix. I just put them there for overall viewing purpose.

I did not put "Le Mans" so nobody will be left out, sport, Rosso Mandello, Coppa Italia and what not...

The fill color is gray, as it works well with the drawing. The only alternative I see is green, as in the V8 Guzzi. Sort of a British Green. In any case, the embroiders will probably not have the exact colors anyway.

V11 Forum logo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Very late to the game. Trying to fit 4 design elements in is a bit tricky.

1) Small eagle on top, flanked by "Moto" on the left and "Guzzi" on the right. V11 in wider-spaced bold letters where it is. OR,

2) as it is, except "V" on the. left and "11" on the right of the cylinders. OR

3) Drop the cylinders down to the lower edge, place the eagle above, beneath the Moto Guzzi with V on the left of the cylinders and 11 on the right.

4) As is, except more the eagle to the bottom edge and "V" on the left of the cylinders and "11" on the right/

Trying to balance the visual impact of the four elements.

• Thanks 1

@po18guy

Thanks for your input.

I don't know if we are ever going to reach a consensus on a design. At some point, I will have to make a decision on what I will send to the patch company.

Since we all have a different appreciation on what pleases us aesthetically...

10 hours ago, p6x said:

@po18guy

Thanks for your input.

I don't know if we are ever going to reach a consensus on a design. At some point, I will have to make a decision on what I will send to the patch company.

Since we all have a different appreciation on what pleases us aesthetically...

Just some thoughts, that's all. The voters speak!

@p6x  I like that last iteration in its shape and color, but. . .

I would move the eagle up above the cylinders and replace "V11" by "V11LeMans.com" at the bottom following the curvature of the border. This is after all meant to represent the forum isn't it . . .

:2c:

• Like 2

@Speedfrog

I would rather not move the eagle above the cylinders, because it nicely connects both bases.

I am also trying to come out different from all the other logos which all have the eagle above, including the official Guzzi one.

I did two colors. One from the V8 Guzzi kept in the Museum, the other is in Grey.

I added a small elliptic gradient, which I am not certain will be reproducible on a patch.

I like both colors. I could use a cursive font for "Le Mans" which could be closer to the way it is written on my bike, but I recently found out that people can't read cursive any longer.

V11 le Mans forum gray V11 le Mans forum green V8 1957

• Like 2

I do love the Carcano green background!

Is it easily possible to rotate the eagle's wingtips level and stretch its aspect ratio to extend beyond the cylinders? I think this would lend to a better sense of forward motion . . .

For reference, only:

th?id=OIP.KFzNOEYyqV_xl4x0JzW5AwHaEL%26p

Yep, I like the green too!

V11LeMans.com   ==> Uppercase L & M, no space. . . Maybe a different font?

I still think the eagle placement is not optimum... could you try lowering the cylinders a bit and raising the eagle in between them?  . . . just to see what that looks like :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, docc said:

I do love the Carcano green background!

Is it easily possible to rotate the eagle's wingtips level and stretch its aspect ratio to extend beyond the cylinders? I think this would lend to a better sense of forward motion . . .

For reference, only:

th?id=OIP.KFzNOEYyqV_xl4x0JzW5AwHaEL%26p

The drawing on the proposed patch is not meant to be an accurate copy; rather an artistic sketchy approach to the typical cylinder disposition and eagle.

I purposely chose it this way, to depart from what is already out there on the internet.

The Moto Guzzi name leaves no ground for misunderstanding on what is depicted.

Also, remember that when it will be made to an embroidery, the precision will not be the same.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

Yep, I like the green too!

V11LeMans.com   ==> Uppercase L & M, no space. . . Maybe a different font?

I still think the eagle placement is not optimum... could you try lowering the cylinders a bit and raising the eagle in between them?  . . . just to see what that looks like :)

For V11LeMans.com, it was a quick check to have an overall view. My goal is to have it as readable as possible, standing out. I will remove the spaces.

As for the fonts, you would have to suggest one. There are so many! I just picked one out of the thousand I have by default. I used what was suggested in another forum, "Gill Sans Bold". Also, I use effects on the fonts too. Such as pillow 3D effects and other.

Moving the eagle up or down is not as easy as it may seem... you need to then retrace everything behind. I will look at it once I am back in Houston with a better computer.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, p6x said:

The drawing on the proposed patch is not meant to be an accurate copy; rather an artistic sketchy approach to the typical cylinder disposition and eagle.

I purposely chose it this way, to depart from what is already out there on the internet.

The Moto Guzzi name leaves no ground for misunderstanding on what is depicted.

Also, remember that when it will be made to an embroidery, the precision will not be the same.

Oh, my, yes . . . well thought.

What with piaggio's recent witch hunt, I wonder if the upper banner would be best as "V11Lemamans.com" with no reference to the registered brand (that we are otherwise carrying the banner for :rolleyes:),

. . . leaving room for the eagle to stretch, broadly across the bottom of the patch . . .

6 minutes ago, docc said:

Oh, my, yes . . . well thought.

What with piaggio's recent witch hunt, I wonder if the upper banner would be best as "V11Lemamans.com" with no reference to the registered brand (that we are otherwise carrying the banner for :rolleyes:),

. . . leaving room for the eagle to stretch, broadly across the bottom of the patch . . .

Doc, my 6 cents....

We are too small a fish for Piaggio to come after us. I am an individual, and not trying to make a commercial profit out of it.

If you check Etsy, you will find plenty of a "non official" tee-shirts, adhesives, patches with the Moto Guzzi brand. Piaggio does not chase those.

My understanding is they want to limit those non-official storefronts that may compete with the brand.

My concern is that the pictures are on flickr, and free for everyone to download. Although the pics are only 72 dpi, what AI can do now is simply unbelievable.

Actually, if you have access to any of the ChatGPT, Bard or other Copilot, you could as them to create a Logo for the forum and they may simply copy what is already available on the web.

• Like 1

This is going to be my last attempt at it in 2023; The forum logo has the upper case in V, L, M as it should.

I made two versions; one in lowercase, one with the capital where they should be. Some fonts have the number 1 looking like a "I", making it difficult to distinguish between.

I did try to move the eagle, but the selection process is not working well as there are multiple layers for the drawing and the accentuation. I will try once at home with a better machine and a larger monitor.

V11 logo green gurmukhi MN bold no space

V11 logo LeMans green gurmukhi MN bold no space

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1