When (good) luck has you have your Quota!

p6x

@Chuck nice "Aquila" on the dash top...

You are aware that you could use your Guzzi V too; having it in front of your eyes permanently would compliment the eagle!

Believe me, I looked at doing a Guzzi powerplant. Inverted V with a dry sump to put the thrust line where it needs to be.

But.

It's too heavy, and makes best power at 5500 rpm. That means a reduction drive..which I have off the Aero engine.. efficient prop rpm needs to be around 2500 or less. That additional weight makes it a no go.

This 3 cylinder weighs 80 lbs. :huh2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ratso88 said:

Definitely a nicer view from your office Chuck.

The world is a much nicer place when you are 500 feet above it. :rasta:

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 10:37 PM, Chuck said:

No blue hair in a Buick or brain dead texter trying to run over me..

20230610_202312.jpg

Just out of curiosity, does that top cylinder interfere with your view of the airstrip on approach?

24 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Oh, no. Visibility out of this bad boy is hard to beat. :thumbsup:

Got a pic of that bad boy on the ground? I have about 300 hours VFR in a 172...miss it, but kids came along. Back in the day when it was $40 an hour wet. Afraid to see what it is now.

10 hours ago, activpop said:

Got a pic of that bad boy on the ground? I have about 300 hours VFR in a 172...miss it, but kids came along. Back in the day when it was $40 an hour wet. Afraid to see what it is now.

A picture? Why.. yes, yes I do. :grin: Back in the day, I used to rent a Cub for $5 an hour wet. :oldgit: I've been flying less and less over the years..just the operating expense is staggering to this cheap Guzzi Guy, even considering I build/maintain my own airplanes and don't have to pay hanger rent.

Most of my flying has been from point A to point A anyway, so needing *something to do* during Covid, I built Bullet. As in slower than a speeding.. Two gallons per hour of auto fuel.

Here, we had just returned from a Dawn Patrol.. no enemy ships or balloons encountered, all quiet on the Western front.

20230531_085020(1).jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

A picture? Why.. yes, yes I do. :grin: Back in the day, I used to rent a Cub for $5 an hour wet. :oldgit: I've been flying less and less over the years..just the operating expense is staggering to this cheap Guzzi Guy, even considering I build/maintain my own airplanes and don't have to pay hanger rent.

Most of my flying has been from point A to point A anyway, so needing *something to do* during Covid, I built Bullet. As in slower than a speeding.. Two gallons per hour of auto fuel.

Here, we had just returned from a Dawn Patrol.. no enemy ships or balloons encountered, all quiet on the Western front.

20230531_085020(1).jpg

Very nice! Gives new meaning to ultra light...airborne in the length of your driveway.

I'm being pretty careful about dropping it in like you have to do for a very short landing. People bending landing gear is pretty common with these birds. The gear is really delicate, not to mention the BMX bicycle wheels I'm using.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 10:49 AM, Chuck said:

I'm being pretty careful about dropping it in like you have to do for a very short landing. People bending landing gear is pretty common with these birds. The gear is really delicate, not to mention the BMX bicycle wheels I'm using.

Indeed, it really seems fragile...

I am asking because I used to work in a location with a landing strip only accessible by STOL aircraft. In these days, De Havilland Twin Otter.