When (good) luck has you have your Quota!

p6x

On 6/1/2023 at 9:49 AM, p6x said:

Here's how it looks on the add; the current owner has the stock muffler too.

Moto Guzzi QUOTA ES 2000 BoiseMoto Guzzi QUOTA ES 2000 Boise 3Moto Guzzi QUOTA ES 2000 Boise 2Moto Guzzi QUOTA ES 2000 Boise 4

Today I spoke to the previous owner of this Quota 1100ES;

He told me that @Weegie was or provided the update for the EFI using GuzziDiag.

I don't know which map was used though.

I am honing the details mainly the storage. You cannot leave a bike outside in the current weather. Even if it was allowed by the HOA of my community.

8 hours ago, Weegie said:

Me?

I only know how to plug in GuzziDiag to do basic checks and know even less about maps

You may have a brother you did not know about?

He did say your nickname, that I am certain. Although he said you came from "Grizo Ghetto", not from V11lemans. But I remembered you here, so I said fine, I will get the details from him.

Maybe he got confused too. At the beginning, he thought I was calling to purchase one of his motorbike. It took him a little while to figure out I was calling about the Quota 1100ES he had sold to somebody in Boise.

He was just as young as me; so you know that we remember everything from 55 years ago, and absolutely nothing from yesterday.

• Haha 2

That confirms it, I know of the Griso Ghetto but never having ridden any of dem new fangled Guzzis I never bothered joining

Perhaps you're right and I've got a half brother lurking somewhere, that's a scary thought (even for me)

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Weegie said:

That confirms it, I know of the Griso Ghetto but never having ridden any of dem new fangled Guzzis I never bothered joining

Perhaps you're right and I've got a half brother lurking somewhere, that's a scary thought (even for me)

It took him a long time to realize that I was calling about a bike he had sold, and it took several attempts to get him to remember the Guzzi Quota. From what he explained to me, he likes to change his motorcycles often;

I forgot to ask him if he was married....

He said he purchased the Quota because in Idaho, an adventure bike is compulsory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, p6x said:

He said he purchased the Quota because in Idaho, an adventure bike is compulsory.

Well, that's a good reason. :huh2:

While we're on the subject....  B)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am investigating this other Colorado based one, courtesy of @activpop

I am currently traveling but the owner gave me a few more details. Only provided one photo though, so I am trying to get him to send more.

I like the Boise Idaho one, which I saw in person, but I figure that having all accessories installed, even those you don't need, can't do you too much wrong.

My subjective question is: is this a 5K US$ motorcycle?

Hello, I'll try to answer all of your questions. To really appreciate the bike, you must see with own eyes! 

As you probably already know, the 1100 Quota is kinda rare, especially in great condition.
 So , as far as I know, I'm the second owner. I think the first owner got the ECU updated. It's a very powerful motorcycle. I have never had any complaints with performance. 

Here's a list of upgrades and accessories: 
- Head light assembly
- Wind screen 
- fork springs
- manual fuel pet cocks
- front fender
- engine crash bars
- handle bars
- grips and knuckle guards
- Bill Meyer leather saddle
- foot pegs
- new tires w/ less than 1000 miles
- new brake pads (front and rear)
- Hepco and Beker mounts and            removable, lockable (Gobi) panniers and trunk
- new battery 

I have never crashed it. Paint and plastics are great. There are some small scratches here and there. Everything works great. This is a great looking and running bike!

2000 Quota 1100ES Colorado

A Quorum of Quotas!  

From the Quota Treffen France 2023...

Italian/German/French all rolled into 1 meet...

Quota Treffen France 2023.jpg

• Like 4

@PJPR01

Nice!

Organized by the Moto Guzzi Club of Great Britain;

They have a lot of personalized items and a marketplace on their website.

I have not forgotten our Forum patch; theirs is using the same V11 picture that I picked also.

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

Hey @p6x - Here is a red Quota for your consideration - 34k miles, Only $2,800. . .

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/d/fort-collins-2000-moto-guzzi-quota-dual/7676186895.html

00E0E_bZnbBIWrI05_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

The add says USD 3100, possibly a price adjustment from when you found the add initially... even at 3100 it is more than palatable.

There is a 2013 Stelvio in Denver for USD 6000, orange so I could kill two birds with only one stone? I thought I was out of the Quota market, but of the Red at the same effect as on a bull. I need to speak to the guys at MPH again. When I told them about my attention to purchase a Quota, Mike suggested I don't.

I also like the guy's add, not the usual minimum poor wording.

In any case, I am going to check it out.

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, p6x said:

It does, doesn't it?

Now you have two Guzzis to consider in Colorado, a Stelvio and a Quota. This one is so much better priced than the Boise one and it's red! I suspect these might not move too fast so that puts the buyer in a better position for a price adjustment.