What if Guzzi did a V4? dream? it has been done before; have you heard about Motus?

Motus designed two motorcycles based on a V4 90degrees, push-rods, two valves, 1650 cm3.

The MST 165 hp, and the MST-R 180 hp.

Motus beat the pushroad production speed at 154.76 mph (249.06) and did even better at 165.85 mph the following day.

Unfortunately, Motus lost their investors in 2018, a few months before the commercialization of the motorcycles.

A 4 cylinder V twin made in the USA... that would have been cool, no?

Motus MST MST-R V4 90 1650 cc

• Like 2

I liked the Motus concept very much. They often displayed at the Barber Vintage Festival and enjoyed demonstrating start-ups. Don't we, also?

Curious, now, how the V100 Guzzi has this same exhaust configuration and the water cooling . . .

I once owned a 2014 Honda CTX1300, V4, shaft drive. Power was similar to the V11, but not as good, felt too heavy.

Far too much bike for most of us (well me at least) to want to ride on a daily basis, but beautiful to look at.  Would certainly make getting around the Grand Tour of Texas almost completely effortless!!

1 hour ago, LaGrasta said:

Honda CTX1300...

1 hour ago, PJPR01 said:

Far too much bike for most of us (well me at least) to want to ride on a daily basis,...

Yeah, for me too. I still have my Kawasaki 1000 GTR. Great bike, actually, but very heavy. It's up for sale soon. B)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

I once owned a 2014 Honda CTX1300, V4, shaft drive. Power was similar to the V11, but not as good, felt too heavy.

I drove a Kawasaki KZ1300 back in the 80's; you remember? the 6 cylinder water cooled shaft driven.... 710 lbs it was truly a heavy bike. However the music coming from the engine helps you forget the weight.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, p6x said:

Play it loud....

Well adrift from the topic, but while we're on the subject of blokes on silly Kawasakis riding in circles, look at this. The link is set, I think, to start at 5:27. Before that he is just idling through the pits. The bike is a H1R, apparently.

I remember the Motus, and would have bought one had they actually made it to market at a reasonable price.

I would also love for Guzzi to make a V4. I am not one of those that thinks Guzzi can only make transverse V twins.

I looked at a CTX1300, but also felt it was way to big and heavy. But it wasn't made for me, it was made for people who want a big bike. I would love a V4, or a six, or an eight. Whether Guzzi made it or someone else would make or break the deal. I have come close to buying a Tuono V4. Just can't get past their looks.

• Like 1

I stopped at a scenic overlook on the Cherohola Parkway (I think the 2019 spine raid?) and there was a guy with a Motus. I talked with him for a few minutes- he said basically the bike was everything you would expect and 99% of what you'd hope for. He disappeared pretty quickly too, I had no idea it wasn't a production bike at the time.

I had a buddy from Chattanooga that owned a Motus, he bought from the  Indian motorcycle dealer that carried Motus, Crockett Powersports. He paid mid 30's for the top model Motus and said it was a good bike. When the companies investment money dropped out they stopped producing parts like the frame, so he sold it to a NASCAR driver who pulled up in his driveway and gave him 24K. So it was a huge loss inevitably, but a cool design. Crockett's has had a Motus for sale up until recently, maybe he sold it.

26RGRWLOLBBATAW7E5BSQUDO7I.jpg

• Like 2

My buddy had a Honda VFR 800, 1998 model I think.  That was a great bike to ride, had plenty of power, sounded good, was surprisingly slim as the V4 was transverse to the frame, and wasn't heavy.  It never gave him any trouble... it was a Honda after all B).  

• Like 1

Hmm, I seemed to have forgot, my very first street bike was a V4, 1985 Honda Interceptor 500. That bike was terrific!

• Like 2