My V11 seemed to run perfectly on 87 Octanes (Regular) gas rating... strange?

p6x

Hhhmm...interesting indeed.  I guess I'm lucky that my "local" Beaver has 92 Ethanol Free...of course, it's only a few more miles up the road to Mike's MPH location too.  

:)

16 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Hhhmm...interesting indeed.  I guess I'm lucky that my "local" Beaver has 92 Ethanol Free...of course, it's only a few more miles up the road to Mike's MPH location too.  

:)

few more miles from previous Mike's MPH location, unfortunately.

It will be from 12 miles to 48 for me; besides the fact that MPH was just off I-10, so a 15 minutes ride to a 45 minutes ride.

As for Buc-ee's difference in Ethanol free Octanes, I don't know what to think about it. Buc-ee's Katy is located in the middle of a fast growing residential area. A lot of the people working in the Energy Corridor live there. The surroundings is community after community.  I am guessing most of the vehicles using E-free gas don't need high octanes.

They probably sell more by keeping it 87 Octanes and cheap.

What puzzles me, is the 90 and 92 figures.

I would have thought; take the usual fuel, and don't blend Ethanol with it. So 89 or 93 would make more sense. But I am missing something obviously.

• Like 1

I sympathize!!

I was spoiled too when I lived in Spring Branch for 5 years…having MPH at exactly 12 miles door to door was a nice treat…the ride to Hempstead for me now is about 30 miles.  Mike did all of the major Scura work at his house workshop many years ago…it’s a good excuse to have a Saturday or Sunday coffee maybe at Hempstead…a couple times we had a few other Guzzi riders join as well, maybe we can do that again if Mike is open to it.

The Bucees ethanol free difference is a head scratcher, but the 290 location also gets a massive amount of traffic of people leaving town, including motorcycle riders and clubs, exotic car clubs so maybe they see more demand…either way I put it in all the bikes and the 911 when I’m up that way on a ride.  

I too wish they had some tables or seats, but in the absence of something formal, I just drink my coffee and enjoy a breakfast taco while sitting on the bags of feed outside or near the folding chairs section….good for a 5-10 minute break after hitting the clean restrooms!

• Like 1

Okay, after getting off the exit from my drive to work today, I filled up and it took 5.6 gallons at 206 miles. I filled with Premium.

I'll learn more on my 25 mile drive home, but cruising the 2 miles from the gas station to my office, I'll say it was better as it would normally ping (sounds like change rattling) when I punch it. It didn't do it after my fill-up. I'll try it a few more times on the freeway home, when it's hot outside too.

• Like 1

I will now fuel with Premium. It really made a difference. On my 25 mile ride home, I repeatedly punched it with no pinging at all, at any speed. Who knew?

…not me. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, guzzler said:

yep, I'm going to stick with 95 here even though it's crept up to $2.25 a litre!

Bugger.

Here in SoCal, I paid $5.57, nearly twice what it was a couple of years ago. :angry2:

• Sad 2