Yamaha XSR900 GP - Wow! want one????

Unfortunately, may never be imported in the USA!

This is genius from Yamaha to appeal to the nostalgia slumber some of us still experience. Not as noble as a V11, but still fascinating. Is this Luca Cadalora?

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, footgoose said:

It's the first new offering to interest me since seeing the Tenni

It really hits hard, isn't it? it is probably being shown at EICMA. Even if it is the pre-production model, it is really enticing. I love the 3 cylinders architecture.

The XSR 900 is sold in the USA, I am hoping the GP will come too, but it is not a given.

I just looked at all the features of the XSR 900, and the list is impressive. It seems they have incorporated some of the technology available in their racing bikes.

• Like 1

There are available body kits for these bikes now that fit the round headlight instead of the square one on the model bike.   So if Yamaha never sells it here, there're options.   This is the bodykit that I'm writing about:

check-out-these-custom-yamaha-xsr900-kit

Is this bike mechanically the same as the MT09? 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

There are available body kits for these bikes now that fit the round headlight instead of the square one on this bike.   So if Yamaha never sells it here, there options.   This is the bodykit that I'm writing about:

check-out-these-custom-yamaha-xsr900-kit

Is this bike mechanically the same as the MT09? 

There are a few more upgrades to the GP than purely cosmetics though. To be confirmed because Yamaha has not yet finalized what the production model will be. The TFT display is supposed to be larger, 5 inches, instead of XSR's 3.5 inches.

However, if I really want to be picky, I like the GP fairing (a la Le Mans) more than the optics cowl as shown in the kit above. Anyway, even if I really like the concept, I doubt I would purchase one.

It is probably fun to ride the first few times, but once the novelty wears out, then it becomes one more too many.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, p6x said:

There are a few more upgrades to the GP than purely cosmetics though. To be confirmed because Yamaha has not yet finalized what the production model will be. The TFT display is supposed to be larger, 5 inches, instead of XSR's 3.5 inches.

However, if I really want to be picky, I like the GP fairing (a la Le Mans) more than the optics cowl as shown in the kit above. Anyway, even if I really like the concept, I doubt I would purchase one.

It is probably fun to ride the first few times, but once the novelty wears out, then it becomes one more too many.

ok   ...  here ya go.

2024-yamaha-xsr900-gp---riding-9.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, audiomick said:

Do I want one?

Yamaha?

No.

It's probably a good motorcycle, but I prefer to remain one-eyed. If it is going to be a japanese motorcycle, it will be a Kawasaki. I nurture my prejudices. B)

Jonathan Rea disagrees...B)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, audiomick said:

I don't quite see what you mean.

Jonathan Rea leaves Kawasaki for Yamaha starting from next WorldSBK season. This was my attempt to humor...

• Like 1

That's a good looking bike, will be interesting to see how it develops and if It becomes available here.

I've had two Yamahas, a 600 Radian and an FJ1100. Both were my primary mode of transportation at the time (college days). Both wonderful bikes, but I only ever think about buying an FJ1100 again. This XSR900 GP would do the job. I like triples (and twins, and singles, and fours, heck I even like sixes).

And you just know there is going to be a factory or aftermarket option for a full fairing, or at least a belly pan.

Nice looking bike but the old fogy in me won't let me take a 2nd look.  I'm only good for an hour or so on my Lemanses between getting off to let blood flow back into my genitals and think the new Yammy would offer even less saddle time between personal recirculation breaks.:D

Art

PS - Watched the vid and wished I was 50 years younger.

• Like 2