Sign-in list for V11 Le Mans Forum patch. ( the inscription roster has been closed)

p6x

I am sorry, but I have to say it: US Postal Services are really subpar!

What is the point of providing tracking, if you can't get the basics right... the package was scheduled to be delivered on Saturday 27th. Then Friday, and now Monday.

Even Amazon, that used to be fairly reliable, is now bombarding you with texts of changing delivery times, dates.

Hello ,

USPS expects to deliver your package on Friday, April 26, 2024 arriving by 9:00pm.

Your item is out for delivery on April 26, 2024 at 7:31 am in HOUSTON, TX 77055.

USPS expects to deliver your package today by 8:00pm.

Hello ,

USPS expects to deliver your package by Monday, April 29, 2024 arriving by 9:00pm.

• Like 1

Annoying, but nobody is depending on that delivery to stay alive. It will turn up in the next couple of days, I'm sure. Take it easy... B)

Some times, ordered Viton rings wednesday, could be picked up thursday at my local hydraulicstore, Impressed. Of course a leaking petcock, bad. All sorted now. Good friday gents. :rasta::bier:

Cheers Tom.. 

2 hours ago, p6x said:

I am sorry, but I have to say it: US Postal Services are really subpar!

"subpar " is quite charitable. I would have gone with "FUBAR." <_< :huh::whistle:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, audiomick said:

Annoying, but nobody is depending on that delivery to stay alive. It will turn up in the next couple of days, I'm sure. Take it easy... B)

It is not about the wait; it is about the service being priced according to the transit time, and the lack of accountability of not only USPS, but many other companies.

I am fresh out of a similar fiasco with FedEx;

I paid 234 USD to ship my Quota instruments to Casa di Moto in Germany.

The 234 USD I paid was based on a time frame for delivery. Somehow, FedEx Germany did not get the information it needed to clear the package from the German customs. That information was provided when I went to the FedEx Office where I shipped the package from. They gave me a printout to verify that everything was correct, including the custom declaration, the telephone number, address, email address of the recipient.

The package got stuck at the German customs, and I received a voice mail from FedEx the package could not be cleared because the recipient's detail were missing.

I provided the alleged missing details; phoning FedEx in the US proved to be extremely difficult.

After several days, the package was finally delivered to Casa di Moto. FedEx Germany sent a bill too, because instead of doing a temporary importation since the instruments were just going back to the USA, they did a final importation, thus charging duty.

It does not stop here, but for the purpose of being brief, I can tell you that FedEx declined making a partial refund for not executing the service as they should have had.

Yes, the package eventually got delivered, but the service provided was overpriced.

In the same way, you purchase a flight and it gets delayed; you miss your connection with another flight operated by a different company.

Post covid, there are serious service quality issues with many providers. I am fine that it may happen, but if you don't provide the service you got paid for, you need to refund something.

12 hours ago, docc said:

"subpar " is quite charitable. I would have gone with "FUBAR." <_< :huh::whistle:

USPS is not isolated in the new trend. At least, their prices are still within reason.

• Like 1

And the fun continues!

Hello ,

Your item is out for delivery on April 27, 2024 at 7:46 am in HOUSTON, TX 77055.

USPS expects to deliver your package today by 9:00pm.

Received!

I am not entirely satisfied with how the green gradient turned out. I should have asked them to send me a sample. Another point is the "L" of the "Le Mans" which is really looking alike the "1".

What do you think?

DSCF3225

• Like 2

Can we be PMed on where to send payment? Gotta lotta things going on right now.

Please tell me how much (including shipping) to make the check , money order , etc. and who to pay and I will pay toll to the troll !

Send your addresses by Personal email Messages. More efficient than me asking each one of you.

It is free of charge. The objective is to do some kind of team building for the motley crew.

If you feel generous, you can give to the webmaster for providing the playground in which we live.

[docc edit: to clarify using the forum's personal "Message" system.]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, cash1000 said:

Have I missed something. I couldn't find your Email address?

To the left of your login name, in the top right corner of the page, there is a little envelope. If you hover upon it, it says Messages.

This is how you send private messages. Just type the first few letters of my name, and once the search engine identifies me, click on it.

I receive notice into my email directly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2024 at 9:09 AM, p6x said:

Send your addresses by Personal email Messages. More efficient than me asking each one of you.

It is free of charge. The objective is to do some kind of team building for the motley crew.

If you feel generous, you can give to the webmaster for providing the playground in which we live.

[docc edit: to clarify using the forum's personal "Message" system.]

Edited post to clarify.

Thank you, again, @p6x for the "Team Building!"  :mg:  :bier:

• Like 3