What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

The Sidestand Switch feeds current to the Run Switch while the bike is in gear. Without a connection there, you will not be going down the road.

Carefully check all the fasteners that anchor the Rube Goldberg sidestand bracketry. One of the V11's Achilles' heels.

DSCN2894.jpg

The bolt on my bike almost looks like a standard button head. The one docc posted looks like a hex that has been ground so the head is rounded?

The Sidestand Switch feeds current to the Run Switch while the bike is in gear. Without a connection there, you will not be going down the road.

Carefully check all the fasteners that anchor the Rube Goldberg sidestand bracketry. One of the V11's Achilles' heels.

DSCN2894.jpg

The bolt on my bike almost looks like a standard button head. The one docc posted looks like a hex that has been ground so the head is rounded?

Yeah, mine is a replacement that I fitted after an *incident* affected my original. :o

No, it's just a socket head cap screw. Typical for this application.

Not the one he has circled.

The one that pushes the switch.

bbfd3cd599985dbae4900fd51d7b1fb2.jpg

This looks like a hex head but the one one mine is rounded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, yes but being a proper Guzzi owner (i.e. Cheap, er, thrifty) maybe a button head for $.20 is the same thing? Besides shipping will be 8x the price of the part!

Gotta get some other stuff at the same time then.

I recently bought a copy of Guzziology from Moto International - and Dave Richardson signed it for me.   :notworthy:

It wouldn't cost any extra to toss a couple bolts in with the book.

How are your throttle body boots? Any cracks? How about a spare set of rocker cover gaskets? See.. now we're saving by consolidating our needs into one package.

Gotta get some other stuff at the same time then.

I recently bought a copy of Guzziology from Moto International - and Dave Richardson signed it for me. :notworthy:

It wouldn't cost any extra to toss a couple bolts in with the book.

How are your throttle body boots? Any cracks? How about a spare set of rocker cover gaskets? See.. now we're saving by consolidating our needs into one package.

That reminds me I need to ride up to Moto International. See, saving on shipping already!

Owning this *obscure/eclectic* motorcycle for these nearly seventeen years, people often ask who takes care of it?

I often reply, "At my *local* Moto Guzzi dealer in Seattle, Washington."  (2,500 miles away) . . .

But the truth? There's a fellow in Varsseveld - NL that has kept me going all this time . . . :notworthy: Jaap Veldhorst :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Owning this *obscure/eclectic* motorcycle for these nearly seventeen years, people often ask who takes care of it?

I often reply, "At my *local* Moto Guzzi dealer in Seattle, Washington."  (2,500 miles away) . . .

But the truth? There's a fellow in Varsseveld - NL that has kept me going all this time . . . :notworthy: Jaap Veldhorst :thumbsup:

Well said Docc!

Finally snuck in a couple short rides this weekend (been away a lot recently). Yesterday while riding the Scura, I spotted a black Moto Guzzi California. And today, while on the red LeMans, I spotted a red Griso. Two color-coordinated Guzzi crossings in two consecutive days. What are the odds? 

:ninja:          :ninja:

:race:  :race:

• Like 1