Scud

What did you do to your V11 today?

21 minutes ago, docc said:

Open crossover = flamethrower! What fun . . . :sun:

Wait til you get some proper canisters. Aren't those cf wrapped factory LaFranconi? Affirmative Captain!

You and I are on the same wave length! Just snagged these Hi Mounts Off the 'bayScreenshot%2034%20-%20Copy_zpszuyfcwtg.p

And i have a pair of these Bad Boys en route to HQ...

Screenshot%2035%20-%20Copy_zps7ppus4x8.p

Ticon Industries 17' race mufflers.  3.1lbs each, gonna make my own version of the Guzzi titanium option :)

3.1 lbs each! . . . pretty sure your LaFranchoni are 10 lbs each. Maybe more, since they added the carbon fiber wrap for that "lightweight look" . . .  :ph34r:

New Factory mirrors!

7242E86E-925E-462E-BEC5-CF62012424F4_zps

Rear Fender Delete Mod

3C1C5015-BEAC-4B69-909B-2E0B05542C75_zps

And that’s a Sunday!

2 hours ago, docc said:

3.1 lbs each! . . . pretty sure your LaFranchoni are 10 lbs each. Maybe more, since they added the carbon fiber wrap for that "lightweight look" . . .  :ph34r:

They are quite heavy. But after running without them, they need to be that heavy to muffle the unbridled roar of the mighty Guzzi twin. They still kill the sound.. but wow, In 5th @ 5k doing about 70...pin it and it scoots! Sounds pretty good too!

• Haha 1

Not a V11, but I changed handlebars on my 1200 Sport. I still had the original ones that lean forward. I changed them to aftermarket ones for a more upright seating position. Couldn't believe the difference in handling, especially on slow turns like roundabouts.
Less weight (my own...) on the front wheel, probably.

• Like 1

Mikko, please post a sound video when you get the new cans installed!  Cant wait to hear it.

21 hours ago, Admin Jaap said:

Not a V11, but I changed handlebars on my 1200 Sport. I still had the original ones that lean forward. I changed them to aftermarket ones for a more upright seating position. Couldn't believe the difference in handling, especially on slow turns like roundabouts.
Less weight (my own...) on the front wheel, probably.

This bike did come with what looks to be Moto Guzzi Clip on risers. About 2-3 inches?  I don’t remember my original V11 to be uncomfortable,

But I was a younger man 20 years ago...

EE3F1371-61E9-4BB2-994B-2BD7051BCAF1_zps

12 hours ago, JRD said:

Mikko, please post a sound video when you get the new cans installed!  Cant wait to hear it.

Of course! I’m going to see the same guys that built the exhaust for my sleeper Cadillac a very long time ago this Saturday. 

My idea to to cut the flange off on the crossover and weld in a 2 to 2.5 flange, run 2.5 pipe up and tight. Get the muffler to sit in line with the tail.

3C92A0E9-D362-4838-AB8B-89D887994DC2_zps

See how the muffler is lower in the front? I don’t like that. I want mine to follow the tail.

btw: I’m really enjoying the crossover. Just what the v11 needs. She’s perked right up with the simple upgrades I’ve made.

921E01AD-A43D-4644-A2E6-B375E8EE3EFA_zps

cheap upgrade.. I like the tactile feel of these “lizard skin” lever grips. Made for bicycles, but with some patience, as you can see.. you can get them on motorcycle levers also.

Starting the weekend off early! Like a kid a Christmas, I come home to a pile of packages on the porch. Of which contained my new Motogadget Blaze turn signals!

JETB5229_zps6fdxhomo.jpg

MotoGadget Blaze Demo

And a misfire, The Ticon Mufflers are not going to work. 17" is too long to get them "High & Tight" so i"m going to send them back and grab the 12" size.

Wow! those are bright little boogers.

I have to think it's the optics too... those are amazingly bright for being so tiny

7 hours ago, Mikko said:

Starting the weekend off early! Like a kid a Christmas, I come home to a pile of packages on the porch. Of which contained my new Motogadget Blaze turn signals!

JETB5229_zps6fdxhomo.jpg

MotoGadget Blaze Demo

And a misfire, The Ticon Mufflers are not going to work. 17" is too long to get them "High & Tight" so i"m going to send them back and grab the 12" size.

What did you do w/the original stuff ? I need the screws that hold the lens to the housing ? Uhhh , the lenses too , if you have them !

The original lights are long gone, some PO replaced them with faux plastic carbon fiber jobs. Greatly upsetting my appetite..... 

On 8/11/2019 at 8:56 PM, Mikko said:

look at the lights....i tried very hard not to....

7242E86E-925E-462E-BEC5-CF62012424F4_zps