What [music] do you listen to? Share your favs

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a Luddite, and don't know how to link, but this is pretty darn good..

Yeah, I can't get that to appear in a visual frame, either.

But it is delightful! :thumbsup:

I'm a Luddite, and don't know how to link, but this is pretty darn good..

ZAZ... one of my new faves. Thanks Chuck. Excellent.

+1+ . . . Listening to them in Switzerland, 2013 (so great!):

MK's "Real Live Roadrunning".  Fantastic record.  

There's a song about "riding an Indian" and "short track racing" and even the Indy 500 ("Speedway at Nazareth"), biplanes, and Napoleon.   And Dire Straits.   

Mark is one of the performers I've never seen live but I hope I get to see him play play.

Is there any sadder song than ELH's "Red Dirt Girl"?  That one is a real tear jerker.  You may not want to hear it (really):

• Like 1

"gonna make a joyful sound"

MK's "Real Live Roadrunning".  Fantastic record.  

There's a song about "riding an Indian" and "short track racing" and even the Indy 500 ("Speedway at Nazareth"), biplanes, and Napoleon.   And Dire Straits.   

Mark is one of the performers I've never seen live but I hope I get to see him play play.

Is there any sadder song than ELH's "Red Dirt Girl"?  That one is a real tear jerker.  You may not want to hear it (really):

"gonna make a joyful sound"  too true Emmylou.

From a killer concert DVD, The Last Waltz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ALQm_Q-fo

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bev and I are bumming it in the RV in Colorado getting out of the heat.  Decided to take the EV and Sport to the "Top of the Rockies" at Paonia Co.  Anyway the band Saturday night was KG and the Girls.  They are a rocking power trio, young and easy on the eyes that seemed to combine the styles of Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Ray & Zeppelin.  These gals were in the finals at the Memphis Blues Competition and have been acclaimed is many blues publications.  

• Like 1

The Wheels of Soul.

This is from the 2nd show.  I saw them play "I love you, Yes, I do" the day before.  But his will give you a good feel.

This is Tedeschi Trucks Band + Hot Tuna (aka, Jack Casady & Jorma Kaukonen, aka,  bass & guitar for Jefferson Airplane) at Red Rocks.  I took no photos.  The folks I attended the show couldn't navigate the steps to get closer to the stage, so I got a great view of the amphitheater and Denver but not so much of the band.  First time I'd ever seen Jack & Jorma.  Jack plays his bass ('60s style) in the upper ranges and makes the theater buzz with his bass, no subwoofer needed. 

Is there a better band on the planet than TTB?  Clearly there isn't.  Red Rocks was packed.

Besides Hot Tuna, the local band Wood Bros played.  They're a "roots" group.  Both bands did a number with TTB -Wheels of Soul Tour. 

Don't miss TTB.

I've been a fan of Hot Tuna for.. uh.. it seems forever. Saw them live at the Vogue, a small venue in Indy *many* years ago. There was a coked up guy behind us that I had to tell to STFU. (!) I went down in front and watched Jorma play. It was awesome.