What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

1 minute ago, guzzler said:

Not sure mate.

I've still got the old one and will have a look and report back.

The missus is looking for lunch so off we go....

Cheers

A man with proper priorities!  :sun:

• Haha 1

Ha ha 

She fancied Maccas (McDonalds) so off to see the clown I went...

Bloody hell now I'm not so sure which relay actually came outa # 1 !

I thought I had all GEI's but think I pulled a Pro Quip PM 2512X ( 12 VDC 20/15 a 5 x pin ) outa there...?

I was at work and interrupted a few times during it all so can't be sure!

She has GEI relays in all spots for sure now though.

Anyways I'll keep an eye on this...

Cheers 

Ps just went out and tried the bike.She fired up better than has done of late so fingers crossed.

Pps won't EVER have another Cheesy Angus burger again!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, guzzler said:

Ha ha 

She fancied Maccas (McDonalds) so off to see the clown I went...

Pps won't EVER have another Cheesy Angus burger again!

The Bacon McDoubles are pretty good imho

• Like 1

Finally got around to moving the bike to a more favorable position to mess with. Drained the old gasoline out getting ready to remove the tank when I was promptly swarmed by a cloud of mosquitoes and gave up for the day...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Did some more fiddling around with the rear end, i.e. swing-arm and wheel.

The bearings in the swing-arm didn't want to come out, so I took that to the workshop to let the Meister have a go at it.

I got the bearings out of the wheel myself, but it is not back together. I discovered that the spacer between the bearings is one that is only about 106 mm. long, and has an additional "slice" added to make up the 113 mm that it should have. (Thanks @Lucky Phil, I measured what it should be according to your advice somewhere here, or maybe somewhere else....).

I showed that to the Meister as well, and he wasn't impressed, so I'll be getting a new one of those that fits properly. Wendel and S-D can both deliver, I just don't know how long it is going to take.

I'm beginning to think that I wont get the Le Mans up to where I want to have it until late Autumn or so. Maybe. :(

On 7/17/2023 at 1:55 AM, p6x said:

Anybody has been in a sauna before?

This is how I can best describe the experience of riding in Houston yesterday afternoon.

I don't think I have been in that can of heat before, excepted in a sauna. Speed does not really help either, because the air is warm and humid.

Stops are excruciating with the sun beating you while you are at a standstill.

The worse being there don't seem to be an remission in store.... I am now wishing for rain, which most likely is going to help in one way, even if not in the other.

I here you, I was lucky, or unlucky to visit through Houston two weeks ago and when the 40C heat hit me getting off the plane I thought nobody could ride in this! Especially coming from NZ winter!

• Like 2

Today I got on to tidying up the cable looms along the frame. Don't know if I got it right yet, as I didn't try and mount the tank and airbox. We'll see.

Then I set about checking the backlash in the valve train. As it turned out, it was ok (but the spark plug gap was too big...). Since the whole back end is out at the moment, I thought it would be good to take off the alternator cover so I could turn the motor over. That is a very quick and easy task on my V35 Imola.

So who the hell thought up the construction on the V11? Not Funny!!! :luigi:

46 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Today I got on to tidying up the cable looms along the frame. Don't know if I got it right yet, as I didn't try and mount the tank and airbox. We'll see.

Then I set about checking the backlash in the valve train. As it turned out, it was ok (but the spark plug gap was too big...). Since the whole back end is out at the moment, I thought it would be good to take off the alternator cover so I could turn the motor over. That is a very quick and easy task on my V35 Imola.

So who the hell thought up the construction on the V11? Not Funny!!! :luigi:

Be extra careful not to strain the stator wires coming though the alternator cover!

Inspect the yellow wire connections at the stator and replace the "strain relief" (thin, white zip-tie) with a black zip-tie (much more heat/strain resistant than the white).

Broken "strain relief" seen above the red-circled wire failure:

IMG_2951.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had Bubbles out the reservoir.  I have a GS and a WR, so I don't generally take the street-oriented bikes on gravel.  She acquitted herself pretty well.  Maybe some knobbies next tire change...:bike:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FreyZI said:

Had Bubbles out the reservoir.  I have a GS and a WR, so I don't generally take the street-oriented bikes on gravel.  She acquitted herself pretty well.  Maybe some knobbies next tire change...:bike:

Yer an animal, @FreyZI . . .

SNOWRIDE.jpg

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, docc said:

Be extra careful not to strain the stator wires coming though the alternator cover!

Inspect the yellow wire connections at the stator ...

Yeah, I thought that all looked a bit dodgy. Hope it is all ok, because the lid is back on. Next time...

One question though: is there any way of getting the rubber bit in the hole where the wires come out back in the way the maker intended it to go? The one on mine was not in right when I took it out, and getting it back where it belongs appears to be more or less impossible. :huh2:

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

Yeah, I thought that all looked a bit dodgy. Hope it is all ok, because the lid is back on. Next time...

One question though: is there any way of getting the rubber bit in the hole where the wires come out back in the way the maker intended it to go? The one on mine was not in right when I took it out, and getting it back where it belongs appears to be more or less impossible. :huh2:

Yeah, reinstalling that is a PITA and probably how I damaged my yellow wire connection.

Now, I am really careful not to strain the wiring. Starting with the rubber and the slot clean, and the rubber on the wiring, I use P80 rubber assembly lube and position the cover to slide the rubber into the slot with a long screwdriver or such.

It is fiddly!

2 hours ago, docc said:

It is fiddly!

Indeed. Your method sounds like it could work. What doesn't help is the rubber bit on mine is already deformed from being clamped in crooked.

But wait, there is hope! It is apparently still available.

https://wendelmotorraeder.de/gummi_gu19007700-p-1002330.html?ref=expl

• Like 1

What did you do to your V11 today?......

I installed a new timing sensor oring, changed engine oil, brake & clutch fluid, moved it off the lift and went for a 50 mile ride.  Today was a beautiful summer Saturday in Northeast Ohio.

• Like 3