2006 GMC 2500 HD, 1997 Volvo 960, 1991 Volvo 945T, 1965 Volvo 1800S. With the three bikes and a trailer on top of that, I pay WAY too much for yearly insurance....

JD

...and that is a sweet little 1800! I still don't have my 122 going. Maybe this year.

I am impressed by the number of Volvo owners. There are a smart bunch of people here! I have owned a dozen Volvos, and two Mercedes. Still driving the '90 420SEL, and a 2000 Dakota quad cab 4x4 5 speed pickup, but my '70 122s will ride again soon. I still plan to get my hands on a nice late model 240 turbo. My GLT  B23E version was probably my favourite car ever.

I had three bikes, the Benz and truck all licensed last year, and I am the only driver in the house. I think I will try to keep it down to two bikes insured at a time this year, and park the truck for the summer. 

Dean

You need to check with your insurance agent about being uninsured . IF , someone steals your vehicle , has a wreck and does property damage the vehicle owner is the responsible party.

Why ? Thieves do not usually carry insurance on vehicles they steal and usually have no personal property or a task force of lawyers to help them . 

Keep hold of the Brera.  I reckon they'll start getting collectable in a few years, especially the V6 engines models.

I think so also. But the rarest is the 146 with the 16V Boxer. Only 4800 pcs. have been built worldwide. I bought a 146 in '95 new and gave her in exchange  for one of the first 156 in autumn '97 . Following years i was unhappy with this deal, i missed the sound and the tingling on my a.. of the Boxer. In 2009 i randomly found a 146 Boxer for sale on the net - she was the mine and i bought her back.

146.jpg

• Like 1

Stateside, we stay jealous for the ALFA. Looking for a Spider Veloce, I made my way through a Merkur (Ford Sierra) XR4Ti (weird, I know) and a '98 Ford SVT Contour/Mondeo (sleeper quick) to this ///M roadster which I've had almost 10 years.

In order to stay in The Club, I submit our long-lost/teenager-crashed V70 T5 Estate that I didn't want to like at first, but grew to admire. And, in fact, do miss.

But, for now, it is the Wrangler doing yeoman's duty!

1231151512.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Living 10 kms next to the italian border it isn't possible not to drive italian cars.

Mine are Alfas, as i current have: 159SW TBi, Brera V6, 146 16V 1,7 Boxer my 95 and a well preserved Bertone (2000 GT Veloce) my 71.

And as heritage from my father a MB W123 230CE, mj 76.

Good to see an Alfa fan, I got three, Milano Verde (75 3.0 America), GTV6, and a Spider Quadrifoglio, plus a Jeep Grand Wagoneer and the daily is a W124 300d, long term project is my first car, '70 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible (Dad bought for Mom in '73).

I'm done with cars. I've had a truck for a long time. Currently driving a 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab that I've had since new. It's basically only for road trips, bad weather, and hauling motorcycles (the best is when all three conditions are met at the same time). I'm just about to give it to my middle daughter and get myself a diesel truck - which will also only be for road trips, bad weather, and hauling motorcycles.

You americans definitely blur the lines between car / ute / truck! I look at my humble triton ute - a 98 model with a diesel that feels more like an elastic band than an engine. That Tundra is , er, overkill. Or impressive? I can't quite decide.

The Tundra is a girl-truck compared to this 1997 Ford F250 4WD with 7.3L turbo-diesel:

IMG_4442.jpg

I found it in Idaho and drove it 1,100 miles home this week. It's got some nice add-on goodies: double-overdrive/gear splitter (makes it like an 8-speed); Jake brake (exhaust compression), air-adjustable rear suspension, on-board air compressor... 

Best feature? The bed is 6 feet, 10 inches. Long enough to accommodate a motorcycle with the tailgate closed. It's also the last year of non-regulated diesels in California (no SMOG-checks).

And on the topic of girls... my middle daughter (who impresses the neighbors by being able to parallel-park the Tundra) is very excited about the bigger truck. First day home she says "Dad, can I see the engine?" After opening the hood, she asked "What does all that stuff do?" ...and she listened to the answers. I'm raising her right.  :oldgit:

• Like 1

I want a woman who wants to see the engine . . .

...and yesterday's conversation (in Pismo Beach) after I let her drive on the beach:

"Dad, what makes it four-wheel-drive?"  So we lay on the sand to look under the truck and discuss transfer cases, driveshafts, differentials, and locking hubs.

IMG_4517.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I drive a Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio with a couple of performance upgrades.. 210hp... lol It's my commuter. When not commuting I use my CTX 300, the Yamaha R6 and the Guzzi. Soon 2 after I get the Scura back. 2 wheels are better than 4 in SoCal.

The girl has a Subaru Forester .

Stateside, we stay jealous for the ALFA. Looking for a Spider Veloce, I made my way through a Merkur (Ford Sierra) XR4Ti (weird, I know) and a '98 Ford SVT Contour/Mondeo (sleeper quick) to this ///M roadster which I've had almost 10 years.

In order to stay in The Club, I submit our long-lost/teenager-crashed V70 T5 Estate that I didn't want to like at first, but grew to admire. And, in fact, do miss.

But, for now, it is the Wrangler doing yeoman's duty!

1231151512.jpg

We just bought the wife a new "car". She wanted a Jeep. A purple JK Unlimited Backcountry. She and our sister in law are now Jeepers. We went offroading for the first time last weekend. She was literally screaming with delight.