V11 Rebuild and customisation

knumbnutz

Love those front and rear discs Phil. Who makes them?

Galfer front and rear. Front are very common fit listed for V11 and many other bikes inc my 2003 Ducati 1000SS the rear is for some sort of scooter Galfer P/N DF005W.

Ciao

Thanks Phil, might look into those.

I personally like the Braking front disks I have on my 1000ss over the Galfers. Just look nicer IMHO and work just as well.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAKING-BREMSSCHEIBEN-ANTER-WELLE-FLOTT-MOTO-GUZZI-1100-V11-LE-MANS-00-2001-02-/132132091960?hash=item1ec3afb838:g:jfwAAOSwHnFVxu3W

Ciao

Seat unit slowly getting there. I'm in the process of making some stays for the subframe plates to bolt to the footrest plates, should have that done tonight.\

At the back of the plates, i have a light that bolts on. One that all fits, i'll machine out some seat plate with some funky grooves and then anodise them.

Then I guess I'll use a ducati 1098 type of seat and make some brackets to fit up. After that a seat hump over the back. I am trying to get All the electronics under the tank one some brackets against the frame. Only electrics in the subframe will be for the stop light and indicators. This will make changing back to the original subframe and seat pretty easy.

33673840125_d32cf14005_b.jpg

33289607170_2849a12a3a_b.jpg

33517173092_6b38d27b5a_b.jpg

• Like 3

Nice project !

I'm working on creating a new subframe myself and I was wondering where to put the electronis. Where are you going to put the fuses and relais ?

Won't the ECU get to hot under the tank (nearer to the engine) ?

Hi walter. I have lifted the tank up at the back a bit and got rid of the air box so there seems to be plenty of room there under tge tank.

Na the heat is nothing unless you're revving it in 50degC heat at traffic lights for ten minutes.

Even with the slightest ventilation the air temp wont be much over ambient. In fact, all my jap sportbikes with fairings got the frames so hot i couldn't touch the frame rails yet none of my nakeds get hot at all.

So i don't think this should be any issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey guys and gurus,

Has anyone used these intakes ?

https://www.shapeways.com/product/7H6NSY6WT/intake-boots-for-moto-guzzi-v11?optionId=20133416

Im thinking these or find some bells to fit or make some so they can take filters. These would do the trick if theyre decent.