V11 Rebuild and customisation

knumbnutz

I dropped in for a visit. Thanks, Neil, for collecting me at the airport and showing me around. Of course, your garage was the highlight. The V11 is stunning - pics can't do it justice. Great attention to detail and so much cool custom work. And it rides great... bars slammed down low and tuned perfectly... and that exhaust note... love it.

IMG_7241.jpg

And the Ducati... also wow, just wow.

IMG_7242.jpg

Cafe racing... through the rain forest up Tamborine Mountain.

IMG_7243.jpg

Two guys... trying to "conserve the wild life."

IMG_7244.jpg

...and another cafe for a coffee along a suitably twisty road with amazing views and lush forest.

IMG_7246.jpg

But I gotta say... riding on the left side of the road takes some concentration. Every time I saw a car come around the corner on the right side of the road I thought I was gonna die. So glad to be able to follow Neil. I don't think I could trust my instincts riding alone. It made me realize how much is on "auto-pilot" when I ride. And I was anxious about what I would do if a kangaroo jumped out of the woods.

IMG_7247.jpg

We scored, because a "major rain event" is on the way to Brisbane.

IMG_7255.jpg

Roo & Brew:

IMG_7261.jpg

• Like 4

I-am-so-jealous! :mellow:

Today, I had a banana, a granola bar, and an email that my V11 parts are delayed . . . :bbblll:

So great to see these amazing images! What a great experience! That V11 is The Stunner! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, 

Does anyone know what the exact size of the thread is on the headstock of the V11 ??

I measured the thread and it appears to be around 22.8~ mm dia and 1mm pitch but just wondering before I get a tap to suit whether someone knows that it is a 23mm Dia x 1mm pitch definitely.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to buy one of these for a little extra bling.

Any thoughts on making a few for board members?

Yeah can do. No problem.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Let me know how much for just the headstock version, maybe in the low profile like the top two covers.

Thanks! These look incredible. Reminds me a little of the piece on my old 2nd Gen Tuono.

Draw me up what you want. I'll do it as fun thing so $30aud.

Regards Neil

Let me know how much for just the headstock version, maybe in the low profile like the top two covers.

Thanks! These look incredible. Reminds me a little of the piece on my old 2nd Gen Tuono.

Draw me up what you want. I'll do it as fun thing so $30aud.

Regards Neil

No beer involved? :huh:

So . . . it is true. Things in New Zealand are different than Australia . . . ^_^