Help me find a green bike

swooshdave

hey Swooshdave...I watched your "sunny Sunday ride" while I was in there. I for one would love to see more of the 850. The Thruxton is cool. Was yours similar? What was the other guy riding?

Here's the video from my buddy Mike on the Thruxton.

And the other bike...

e6e9b87822721732e57c42a342c33e0b.jpg

My Triumph was a T100. Similar to the Thruxton but less sporty. I did have the flyscreen and Thruxton exhaust. But no rearsets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are all beauties! Great seeing the same ride from another camera. Your friend starting the Vincent really made me nervous cranking her over slowly... with the ign on.... in sneakers. He must really know his bike.

I don't think they kick back like maybe a Norton. And yes, he knows the bike well. I knew the previous owner of the bike too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

9e8c117d3032156109f4e5a6cef9aeb8.jpg

There's a ground wire on the regulator. Is this stock or did someone add it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried to but it's crowded up there. But I also didn't try very hard. I'll look again.

I'll bet Chuck's one-dollar bill that's the stock ground wire. If you add a supplemental ground, you can attach it there and then to timing chest or other grounding point. The stock wire is in the loom - and if it overheats, it can do bad things. The supplemental ground gives you cheap "fire insurance."

Do that. Someone else with more electrickle knowledge can probably explain it better, but as I understand it, that long thin wire can overheat anytime another ground gets loose or corroded. Then it torches the loom. The supplemental ground keeps the bike running when it would otherwise possibly break down.

If the ground is lost, the regulator will overheat and fail the smoke test. That will cost you some money. (Guzzi content) I told Paul this weekend to do that when he asked what does the regulator do. "Uhhhh.. regulate."  :oldgit: I'd never given a thought to someone not knowing *what* it regulated. Obviously, we need a short tutorial on how to ground the regulator and why. With pictures. Who's going to step up? I can't. Lost my phone at the Knot a rally.  :rolleyes:  :angry2:

You know Chuck, they made an announcement regarding an orphaned Samsung phone.  It was after dinner before the 50/50.  

Hell, you could've won the hard luck story if you'd have madeup a story that you lost your phone at the waterfall when being rescued by the Kansas Monties or something.

I think I see that phone floating away.....

523BD3550019481190B562BDA7C7A79F.jpg

someone search that kid in the red shirt for Chuck's phone.

• Haha 1

If the ground is lost, the regulator will overheat and fail the smoke test. That will cost you some money. (Guzzi content) I told Paul this weekend to do that when he asked what does the regulator do. "Uhhhh.. regulate."  :oldgit: I'd never given a thought to someone not knowing *what* it regulated. Obviously, we need a short tutorial on how to ground the regulator and why. With pictures. Who's going to step up? I can't. Lost my phone at the Knot a rally.  :rolleyes:  :angry2:

+1 on the grounding concerns.  I had posted some photos and a brief tutorial in another thread, but it had some errors, so I'm taking it down.

I'd like to get a photo tutorial together on the grounding and pin it or put it in "How to . . ."

It's on my list of More Things To Do. :wacko:

Thanks Chuck...glad I could provide a "chuck"le, I didn't know it was an electric regultor by the generic term "regulator", but I'm not too shy to ask if I don't know anyway!!   Got all the tips written down, will start working thru them!  Including the above mentioned 14 gauge wire with a star washer suggestion!  (See...I was listening to the Guru!)

By the way, we did see a phone on the stage at the barn, but no one could find its owner at the time!  Now we know who it belongs to...hopefully Dusty can help out locating it if it was turned in to City Hall or the Mayor's office.

• Like 1

A lady I talked to in city hall yesterday thinks maybe they threw it away. (!!)  :rolleyes:  I had the recipe for world peace on there, too.. I was just finishing it up.