V11 Sport Rivals

swooshdave

How is the riding position on the Duc vs. the V11...more or less inclined/pressure on the wrists?

The ST3 is a bit more upright than a V11 with clipons. I think it's a reasonable compromise between pure Sport and pure Touring positions.

Building GuzziMoto's earlier comments... If I had to sell, the Scura would be the last street bike in the garage, next to my Husqvarna dirt bike. And if push came to shove, the Husky would go too.

But which bike to ride 350 miles to Paso Robles tomorrow? It'll be the Duck. Why? Partly the newness of it, but more importantly, it's a better 2-up bike than the V11, and if we go wine-tasting over the weekend, I can fit several bottles in the side cases.  :drink:

• Like 1

Alright then GM, Daytona or V11?

Well, the V11 is the wife's, and it is her favorite bike. But my Daytona I bought from one of my best friends before he died.

I don't think I could chose between those two as far as selling one, because the V11 is not mine to sell. But if both were mine I would sell the V11 first, emotional attachments aside. I like my Daytona better. But my Daytona is not stock, it has a GSXR front end on it and a V11 rear end (the subframe, seat, and rear bodywork are from a V11). It is pretty much the V11 with a better motor. The only thing about the V11 that is better, in my opinion, is the transmission. The V11 has a better transmission, But the power of the Daytona motor is very widespread and its legs are long, so you don't have to shift much.

To me, the Daytona was a high point for Guzzi. I know the motor has a few "issues", but they are mostly sort-able issues. The combination of the spine frame and that motor goes together brilliantly. It is stupid fast but in a subtle way. You are just having fun and next thing you know you are over 100 mph. My Daytona is the first Guzzi I ever rode, and other than an MGS-01, I don't think they will top it in my lifetime.

• Like 1

The green VII was my first Guzzi, I always thought I would never sell it then I got my old Eldorado project and the VII was relegated to the back row. Come time to ride to John Day for the eclipse I cranked it up again and soon decided I really don't feel comfortable on this thing so it's history, I rode the old California II instead, I really enjoyed owning such an iconic machine.

GuzziMoto is right, the Griso is a lot more refined but that's what I need now at 72.

I have set it up for touring with a GPS, Corbin seat with a rear hugger, it's a 2 Valve motor just like the VII, not for me the 4 valve with all the extra complication.

If you see an old fart puttering along the road at speed limit it's probably me LOL

Hopefully I will meet some of you at the national in Seattle next year.

• Like 1

@mg, first two Guzzi rides an MGS and a Daytona? Ha!

Was that to me?

Sadly, that was "My Daytona is the first Guzzi I ever rode", "I don't think they will top it in my lifetime" "other than an MGS-01". Meaning Guzzi will probably not make anything better than the Daytona during my lifetime other than the limited availability MGS-01.

I have not had the pleasure of riding an MGS-01. But the Daytona was the first Guzzi I ever road. It was literally the day my friend bought it. I went with him to buy it (it was a few hours away). He rode it home, but bfore we got very far from the dealership he said " you have to ride this" and let me take it for a spin. When I came back to him I told him " if you ever decide to sell this, I will buy it". When he found out he was dying some 12 - 15 years later, he decided it was time to sell it to me.

My wife had already had a V11 for over 10 years, that was her second motorcycle she has owned. It was influenced in part by my experience with the Daytona. She did test ride a Triumph Speed Triple back to back against the V11. The Guzzi was more fun and spoke to her. In the end, that is the deal with Guzzi. They are not the best engineered motorcycles, but if they speak to you there is nothing better.

• Like 1

that is the deal with Guzzi. They are not the best engineered motorcycles, but if they speak to you there is nothing better.

What else needs to be said?  Works for me, too. :huh2: b :grin: 

The green VII was my first Guzzi, I always thought I would never sell it then I got my old Eldorado project and the VII was relegated to the back row. Come time to ride to John Day for the eclipse I cranked it up again and soon decided I really don't feel comfortable on this thing so it's history, I rode the old California II instead, I really enjoyed owning such an iconic machine.

GuzziMoto is right, the Griso is a lot more refined but that's what I need now at 72.

I have set it up for touring with a GPS, Corbin seat with a rear hugger, it's a 2 Valve motor just like the VII, not for me the 4 valve with all the extra complication.

If you see an old fart puttering along the road at speed limit it's probably me LOL

Hopefully I will meet some of you at the national in Seattle next year.

National? Whats this of which you speak :)  I think I may need to attend.  We can ride a bunch of us down!  That would be awesome.

• Like 1

that is the deal with Guzzi. They are not the best engineered motorcycles, but if they speak to you there is nothing better.

What else needs to be said?  Works for me, too. :huh2: b :grin:

Rumoor is it will be north of Seattle

Rumoor is it will be north of Seattle

Rumor has it that some people are a little frizzy that it's being called a National...

ce2.png